Check your account email address ×

Texas would have blackouts if it wasn’t for renewables

4 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

You could make that drive no issues in annEV, but Michigan to Yellowstone will require charging.  Overall it will be cheaper to do that drive in an EV

Braap/snick/braap/snick...

Some things are just plain old worth the money...

Simply got to say... if you are that god damned worried about mpg or miles per charge or what the fuck ever, buy the EV and enjoy it. But just like a liberal with a gay kid... I don't need to hear about it.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

“Wind and solar are playing a critical role in keeping the lights on and the AC running,” Metzger said. “Without wind and solar we would definitely be having blackouts. Today it is expected that wind and solar will provide 30 percent of our peak demand of energy and some days it is as high as 40 or 50 percent.”

https://www.kxan.com/news/texas/expert-says-renewable-energy-is-keeping-texans-lights-on/amp/

Texas also invested heavily into enormous energy holding stations in the form of lithium batteries to store wind derived power. Pretty cool. 

• Gold Member
Just now, spin_dry said:

Texas also invested heavily into enormous energy holding stations in the form of lithium batteries to store wind derived power. Pretty cool. 

Elon is working on Texas to allow Solar/battery customers can hit the market and sell their power through Tesla.

7 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

Elon is working on Texas to allow Solar/battery customers can hit the market and sell their power through Tesla.

Texas produces and consumes more than any other state. They don’t fuck around. 

• Platinum Contributing Member
7 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

Texas produces and consumes more than any other state. They don’t fuck around. 

Got to keep those tent cities air-conditioned..

31 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

You could make that drive no issues in annEV, but Michigan to Yellowstone will require charging.  Overall it will be cheaper to do that drive in an EV

It was a 3 day drive out there. That's 6 days on the road. I don't have that kind of time to do electric charging. And don't even get me started on why not fly out there. Which brings me to another point... the day they can get Air Forcr One off the ground with an electric motor, enough to fly the prez to a foreign country... I'll be sold on electric. Until then, I will pass. I want to see them recharge an electric aircraft in mid flight.

• Gold Member
1 hour ago, nascarmike said:

It was a 3 day drive out there. That's 6 days on the road. I don't have that kind of time to do electric charging. And don't even get me started on why not fly out there. Which brings me to another point... the day they can get Air Forcr One off the ground with an electric motor, enough to fly the prez to a foreign country... I'll be sold on electric. Until then, I will pass. I want to see them recharge an electric aircraft in mid flight.

Have at it with the price of gas…. You can burn as much as your pocketbook can afford

20 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

Have at it with the price of gas…. You can burn as much as your pocketbook can afford

The average F-150 utilizes about 200 semiconductor chips. Source: Ford Rep

The New F-150 Lightning uses 3000 semiconductor chips. Source: Jim Farley, CEO FoMoCo

Here lies another dilemma. A 15:1 hoarding of an already scarce commodity. Good luck getting a vehicle then if these things ever take off.

Toyota and Lexus have proven (to me) that hybrid is the proper path.  No range anxiety and my wife or daughter wouldn't have to sit in one spot charging a vehicle 20-40 minutes as a soft target for a would be baddie.  Plus, the EV infrastructure is no where close to being ready for mass adaptation.    

• Like 1

• Platinum Contributing Member

Got to love spin sucking Texas dick because he lives there.   If he still was in Wisconsin it be nothing but redneck conservatives.  :lol:  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, BOHICA said:

Not on the winter outage.  The gas lines froze shutting down pretty much all their natural gas generation.  It’s just normal cooling as gas lines in texas freeze all the time and it’s just a weather event and not climate change

Am I reading that right? When its cold it's just the weather but when it is hot it is climate change? :dunno:

Gore.jpg

• Like 1

8 hours ago, BOHICA said:

And that should be the end of it... but NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

"Nice day Ma'am, nice looking kid you got there. Have I told you about my EV yet? Do you belong to the Church of Electrons?"

Not being like that is worth and buck a gallon, minimum.

• Gold Member
15 minutes ago, Snake said:

And that should be the end of it... but NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

"Nice day Ma'am, nice looking kid you got there. Have I told you about my EV yet? Do you belong to the Church of Electrons?"

Not being like that is worth and buck a gallon, minimum.

C2EDCAB8-7787-4403-85DB-CEDCF4C7D835.gif

• Gold Member
15 minutes ago, Snake said:

I bet you have pictures of it, and bring them out at parties.....

Says a guy with an avatar like yours on many a forum

Edited by BOHICA

I mean really... if you work your whole life to make yourself comfortable enough in retirement to pay for $5-6 dollars a gallon for gas without it breaking your bank, why would you listen to someone who repeatedly wants to tell you how stupid you are?

• Gold Member
2 minutes ago, Snake said:

I mean really... if you work your whole life to make yourself comfortable enough in retirement to pay for $5-6 dollars a gallon for gas without it breaking your bank, why would you listen to someone who repeatedly wants to tell you how stupid you are?

Ya $5+ gas isn’t an issue.  It’s a choice that only the individual can make.  Not really a big deal

Edited by BOHICA

3 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

Ya $5+ gas isn’t an issue.  It’s a choice that only the individual can make.  Not really a big deal

Only thing worse than a Jehovah's Witness is an EV owner with a bad case of "I know better and will let you know it."

• Gold Member
1 minute ago, Snake said:

Only thing worse than a Jehovah's Witness is an EV owner with a bad case of "I know better and will let you know it."

Life is all personal choices.