Check your account email address ×

Dish wants Starlink banned for mobile use.

I have not run nothing but an antenna for TV for the past 25 yrs, I get 20 or so channels with the HD set up 

i use stand a lone internet .

Edited by toslow

• Gold Member

A few boating youtube channels discuss Starlink and they have to turn it off when underway or they risk getting cancelled.

Whats the deal with mobile use? To me that just makes sense. I mean you can use your phone as a hotspot in the car, why not starlink or dish for that matter?

1 hour ago, spin_dry said:

Space based internet is the future. Does anyone still use Dish? 

We use cellular. Maybe a little slower but doesn’t really subject to weather interference either 

46 minutes ago, Kivalo said:

A few boating youtube channels discuss Starlink and they have to turn it off when underway or they risk getting cancelled.

Whats the deal with mobile use? To me that just makes sense. I mean you can use your phone as a hotspot in the car, why not starlink or dish for that matter?

You would need a satellite tracking dish to use it underway. The big yachts have them but they ain't cheap.

• Gold Member
1 hour ago, Carlos Danger said:

You would need a satellite tracking dish to use it underway. The big yachts have them but they ain't cheap.

I don't think you do with Starlink (not positive of that tho) plus we have satellite internet while underway all the time unless atmospheric conditions fuck with reception but I dont know who the service provider is.

9 hours ago, spin_dry said:

Space based internet is the future. Does anyone still use Dish? 

Agreed. Alot of these guys don't like musk and his futuristic innovations. The govt didn't invite Tesla to the EV summit despite them being the leader in EV's.

9 hours ago, toslow said:

I have not run nothing but an antenna for TV for the past 25 yrs, I get 20 or so channels with the HD set up 

i use stand a lone internet .

Use an Android box, free everything, only need wifi.

10 hours ago, DriftBusta said:

Fuck Dish.  They’ve raised my prices twice in the last couple months 

$75 covers my internet and streaming tv... could probably dump the tv if we wanted, literally watch 4 or 5 channels max...