Check your account email address ×

Dominoes, anyone?

1 hour ago, Skidooski said:

That’s what I like about it. The complete opposite of that thin cracker crust stuff

Everybody likes what they are used to. And I like different styles of pizza but in all of my travels I have yet to find a pizza that I prefer to my hometown favorites. 

6 minutes ago, Anler said:

Billy goat? Come on man

I go with the group, and the group went to the Billy Goat. 

Had a good time, changed kegs of Billy Goat beer a couple times. 

I'm certain that Billy Goat beer off the tap is whatever is cheap and old.  

I'm open to suggestions though.

1 minute ago, racinfarmer said:

I go with the group, and the group went to the Billy Goat. 

Had a good time, changed kegs of Billy Goat beer a couple times. 

I'm certain that Billy Goat beer off the tap is whatever is cheap and old.  

I'm open to suggestions though.

It's fine is you just want to guzzle cheap beer I suppose but the food there is sub par. It's got snl notoriety but that's about it. 

There are a gazillion pizza joints or eyetalian beef places you can guzzle cheap beer also. 

I guess if you are coming to the area I could recommend a couple places. If you are staying in the area around Billy goat that whole west loop and Fulton market area has tons of great restaurants. Do a quick Google search and hit the one with the most stars. 

• Platinum Contributing Member
23 minutes ago, Anler said:

Everybody likes what they are used to. And I like different styles of pizza but in all of my travels I have yet to find a pizza that I prefer to my hometown favorites. 

A lot of truth to that! I'm even a sucker for a Detroit style Coney dog but I have yet to try a proper Chicago dog  :bc: 

Just now, f7ben said:

Nope

Any place that sells a Chicago dog will also have a Maxwell street polish. Polish sausage with mustard and grilled onions (an obnoxious amount) topped with sport peppers. Started at Maxwell street (known to locals as jew town)that was like a city flea market with a bunch of pawn shops. It was a place where if you got your hub caps stolen you could probably go there on the weekend and buy them back.

The university bought the property years ago and developed the area. The only things left of it are the 2 hot dog joints. Alot of times if I'm in the city headed back to the office I'll jump off the highway and grab a polish for the road. Usually results in mustardy onions all over my truck. 

19 minutes ago, Anler said:

It's fine is you just want to guzzle cheap beer I suppose but the food there is sub par. It's got snl notoriety but that's about it. 

There are a gazillion pizza joints or eyetalian beef places you can guzzle cheap beer also. 

I guess if you are coming to the area I could recommend a couple places. If you are staying in the area around Billy goat that whole west loop and Fulton market area has tons of great restaurants. Do a quick Google search and hit the one with the most stars. 

I'm trying to get corporate to approve the expense and they are putting up a good fight.  Guess when they are closing your location down, they don't want to spend a ton of money on the peons.  

1 minute ago, Anler said:

Any place that sells a Chicago dog will also have a Maxwell street polish. Polish sausage with mustard and grilled onions (an obnoxious amount) topped with sport peppers. Started at Maxwell street (known to locals as jew town)that was like a city flea market with a bunch of pawn shops. It was a place where if you got your hub caps stolen you could probably go there on the weekend and buy them back.

The university bought the property years ago and developed the area. The only things left of it are the 2 hot dog joints. Alot of times if I'm in the city headed back to the office I'll jump off the highway and grab a polish for the road. Usually results in mustardy onions all over my truck. 

That looks amazing.  

9 minutes ago, Anler said:

I eat mine like that a lot. Love grilled onions and mustard

1 hour ago, f7ben said:

Italians beefs are Chicago for me 

Buss brought the Eye-talian beef and Chicago Dog set up to the woods of Maine a few years back for the MHGW III tour.  Delicious.  I had never experienced either.  It changed my life man.

Edited by DriftBusta

A lot of truth to that! I'm even a sucker for a Detroit style Coney dog but I have yet to try a proper Chicago dog  :bc: 

There’s a Portillo’s now on the east side by lakeside mall on 59 if you ever get out that way. You can get  a good Chicago dog there.

Coney Dog is still better imo. And they have no clue how to make those in Chicago.

:news: 

26 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

Buss brought the Eye-talian beef and Chicago Dog set up to the woods of Maine a few years back for the MHGW III tour.  Delicious.  I had never experienced either.  It changed my life man.

I make one hell of an Italian beef. Not quite as good as the jous bussy gets but close 

21 minutes ago, Edmo said:

There’s a Portillo’s now on the east side by lakeside mall on 59 if you ever get out that way. You can get  a good Chicago dog there.

Coney Dog is still better imo. And they have no clue how to make those in Chicago.

I love Portillos , I know it’s chain shit and there is better but I still love it 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Snake said:

Republican Rep. Tom Rice lost his solidly conservative South Carolina House seat Tuesday after nearly a decade in Congress, which included his vote to impeach former President Donald Trump over the Jan. 6 riots.

Rice's race has received national attention, in part because of Trump's rally in the district. But Rice himself invited out-of-state Republicans to stump with him, such as former House Speaker Paul Ryan and ex-New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie, amplifying his Trump record.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/campaigns/south-carolina-tom-rice-trump

Many Trump supporters are part of a cult, that’s correct.

8 hours ago, Edmo said:

I try my best to stay away from Lakeside mall best I can but next time I'm in that area I'll stop in

11 hours ago, Anler said:

Now that sounds really good.😜👍🏼

10 hours ago, f7ben said:

I love Portillos , I know it’s chain shit and there is better but I still love it 

They are always busy. People line up for that place.

1 minute ago, Edmo said:

They are always busy. People line up for that place.

It’s just a great sandwich. Double meat , extra soggy and loaded with hot giardinerra !!!

5 hours ago, SSFB said:

Many Trump supporters are part of a cult, that’s correct.

As are the TDS'ers no question.  Guys been gone almost 2 years and is still in the news multiple times a day.

I try my best to stay away from Lakeside mall best I can but next time I'm in that area I'll stop in

I was just out that way last week. 
They have great salads, Italian beef, ribs, and a combo which is ital beef and a sausage, slice of chocolate cake that’s to die for. Some of them have pasta plates also. 
:bc: 

3 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

As are the TDS'ers no question.  Guys been gone almost 2 years and is still in the news multiple times a day.

Because he puts himself there , Trump needs the attention 1000x more than the media needs Trump.