Check your account email address ×

Global warming on full display...high nighttime temps very troubling

14 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

It’s been wonky here with with different fronts, heat domes…ect….rolling through. It was 90 plus and soupy a few days ago and today the high is supposed to be 59….I like those days that are around 75-80 with low humidity.👍🏼😎

Those "comfortable" days are the best. Supposed to get hot here starting Saturday/Sunday. 

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 hour ago, Sled_Hed said:

Those "comfortable" days are the best. Supposed to get hot here starting Saturday/Sunday. 

Yep…just checked AccuWeather and it looks like into the 80’s starting Monday….whereabouts are you located? 

10 hours ago, ZR800efi said:

yep. there was never hot days in the past. the sky is falling.

game over man.game over.

Cept when hot records are getting smashed much more frequently than cold records...stats are stats.......grabs my attention a little bit.   Not saying there is much we can do about it besides trying to adapt.

39 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Yep…just checked AccuWeather and it looks like into the 80’s starting Monday….whereabouts are you located? 

Central MN. They're saying mid 90's for a couple days then upper 80s

Just now, Sled_Hed said:

Central MN. They're saying mid 90's for a couple days then upper 80s

Ahhh got ya…I’m on the west coast of Michigan and the lake helps to moderate temps summer and winter.👍🏼😎

• Like 1

• Gold Member
4 hours ago, ViperGTS/Z1 said:

Cept when hot records are getting smashed much more frequently than cold records...stats are stats.......grabs my attention a little bit.   Not saying there is much we can do about it besides trying to adapt.

ill play devils advocate here. I don't mean this in a condescending way so dont take it like that.

wouldnt the rise in  emission gases have skyrocketed in the 60s much more then today when considering all cars were basically v8 dragsters out the factory ,everything was crude injection wise using carbs vs modern injection,sleds, bikes, etc incredibly inefficient vs todays direct injected , often forced inducted tiny displacement 4 cylinder s in the majority of cars...why would it be suddenly skyrocketing today if gas powered engines are so much to blame for it?

im almost 40, will be in july. I remember when i was a kid, the island i live on was supposed to be completely submerged due to rising ocean levels cause the icebergs were melting.

an old guy that lives a few mins from my house  built his place right on the shoreline 40ish years ago..to him , and hes paid attention to it, the water level hasnt increased an inch closer to his house at high tide. a far cry from the entire island being submerged as climate alarmists were screaming from the rooftops about in the 80s.. 'global warming ' , tangibly, looks like a fraud to me for this reason.

is it warming up some ?maybe.is it a sign of impending doom worth being worried about and warrenting this overreaction ? ....not to me.

Edited by ZR800efi

To understand the climate nonsense just follow the $$$$.  This was by far the biggest grift prior to the covid grift.

Control the funding, you control the outcome.

The climate will do what the climate will do.

• Like 1

As I have said all along, we have been warming since the last ice age. Are we contributing? Absolutely.... the more concrete and paving that replace trees act as a heat sink. That's why it's usually cooler 20 miles away from any of the heavily populated areas.

As for the greenhouse gases, my understanding is that they continue to buildup over time and trap more heat. I'm sure that there are studies out there on the internet that will both support and dispute this. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Climate lockdowns starting in Europe.

Another conspiracy coming to life.  

:news:

covvid2.jpg

1 hour ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Climate lockdowns starting in Europe.

Another conspiracy coming to life.  

Link?

3 hours ago, Mag6240 said:

What's the temperature supposed to be?

I guess 72 would be ideal....88 now but no humidity....mid 60's tomorrow., will be refreshing.   Decided not to sell house and retire, wife not ready to move away from her daughter that lives a mile away and to be honest, I'm bored as fuck, can only wash cars so many times....will end up drinking myself to death. Going back to work July 11th for at least another year....new contract coming up, may get a bump in pension as a bonus.

Doing a big hoopla on the 4th with massive fireworks and food....chilin out the rest of week then back to work.....life is good as a boomer but I need a routine:lol::bc:

20220611_162100.jpg

4 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

Some regions of the world will benefit from climate change. Some will dry up and become uninhabitable. That’s taking place right now at a fairly good clip. 

And has happened before. Why is it different now?

3 minutes ago, Steve753 said:

And has happened before. Why is it different now?

Of course it’s happened before the Nile river valley was a lush paradise that changed. That took a thousand years. The current changes are occurring within a decade or two. 

Of course it’s happened before the Nile river valley was a lush paradise that changed. That took a thousand years. The current changes are occurring within a decade or two. 

Bullshit. 

10 hours ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Ahhh got ya…I’m on the west coast of Michigan and the lake helps to moderate temps summer and winter.👍🏼😎

The Great Lakes region is actually insulated from many of the effects of global climate change. There’s other areas of North America that are quickly turning into a living nightmare. 

33 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

That's not a lockdown.

That's no different than a baseball game being prohibited because of lightning. 

Edited by Steve753

The Great Lakes region is actually insulated from many of the effects of global climate change. There’s other areas of North America that are quickly turning into a living nightmare. 

What areas are those? The desert areas that are deserts already?