Check your account email address ×

Jesse

• Platinum Contributing Member
4 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

I never did as a kid but surely do now.  Get concussed a few times and it becomes something you’d rather not repeat.  :lol:

I don't think I would wear a helmet while riding a bike but a motorcycle is a different story. No helmet law in Pa. Where my retirement home awaits and I cringe when I see guys riding with no helmet. A helmet has saved me numerous times when I used to ride dirt bikes.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

9 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

:lol:  Yeah ok.  You’re literally a less angry but still bitter version of Ben.  The disdain you regularly show for white collar workers and generations before you doesn’t show well on you….

I never did as a kid but surely do now.  Get concussed a few times and it becomes something you’d rather not repeat.  :lol:

sold my mountain bike sunday.  i wore a helmet for the first time in my life riding that thing,  i didn't bounce as well as when i was younger

• Like 1

• Gold Member
14 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

Maybe if your mountain biking thru the woods at speed . Otherwise how are you crashing a bicycle still ? my last one was maybe 12 years old lol. 

12 minutes ago, Mag6240 said:

Let's be honest.... If you rode your bike along the edges of roads where most of these "bikers" do, you'd be wearing a helmet also!  As well as leather chaps, flack vests, shoulder pads, etc etc....

We have bike paths around here where they all ride.  And my street is  quiet cul de sac 
Riding on the side of a busy road I guess I can see it 

Edited by EvilBird

Just now, EvilBird said:

We have bike paths around here where they all ride.  
Riding on the side of a busy road I guess I can see it 

We have bike paths all over as well - and we also have tons of roads where they have taken away a lane of traffic for bikes. 

Then there are the roads they haven't taken a lane for bikes, and THIS is where they feel the need to show their "Right" to ride on those roads.... But get pissed off at cars when they don't yield to their "That stop sign is for cars" attitude.  I've nearly taken out a few bikes, and its f'n scary.  Can't imagine riding on roads like that with all these cell phones in drivers hands....

• Like 1

• Gold Member
5 minutes ago, Mag6240 said:

We have bike paths all over as well - and we also have tons of roads where they have taken away a lane of traffic for bikes. 

Then there are the roads they haven't taken a lane for bikes, and THIS is where they feel the need to show their "Right" to ride on those roads.... But get pissed off at cars when they don't yield to their "That stop sign is for cars" attitude.  I've nearly taken out a few bikes, and its f'n scary.  Can't imagine riding on roads like that with all these cell phones in drivers hands....

Yeah the spandex morons still ride on the side of busy country roads here sometimes that hardly have a shoulder. 
Those guys will always exist.
Doubt the plastic helmet will do much when a lifted F350 comes around a blind corner and runs them over 

Edited by EvilBird
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

sold my mountain bike sunday.  i wore a helmet for the first time in my life riding that thing,  i didn't bounce as well as when i was younger

To be honest with you, I bought this little Coleman mini-bike to get around my property, I dont wear a helmet but Im a bit uncomfortable  without it, 25mph smashing your head into a rock isn't going to end well....and there are plenty of rocks on my property.  

20210502_121155.jpg

17 minutes ago, Cold War said:

Can you imagine your mom driving you to school or down to the bus stop and waiting for you to get on the bus?

Yes another thing I always said no to but mom never really asked because she knew I wouldn’t want to. BFD 

We also use to meet at one bus stop. Not catered right to each driveway like today. Lame. Stop to stop go stop go

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, EvilBird said:

Yeah the spandex morons still ride on the side of busy country roads here sometimes that hardly have a shoulder. 
Those guys will always exist.
Doubt the plastic helmet will do much when a lifted F350 comes around a blind corner and runs them over 

Spandex riding suits. :lol:
 you don’t want those cargo shorts slowing you down!!!! 

• Haha 1

I need a dropper post because it's annoying when my normal (baggy) shorts get caught on the seat. I sure as fuck aint getting the padded spandex shit  :lol: Always wear my helmet but I'm always in the woods

Just now, Cold War said:

At my sons graduation party, one older guy rode his bike to it, about 8 miles, he was so proud of himself!  We stood there looking at him and his "Junk" in his spandex, and we all said, "Really Dave?"  

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Cold War said:

When I was a kid I use to wear the spandex bike shorts under my regular shorts. The padding in the crotch area really protected the family jewels and made it more comfortable on those long bike rides back and forth to school and wherever the hell else we went.

:lol:

4 minutes ago, Pete said:

Yes another thing I always said no to but mom never really asked because she knew I wouldn’t want to. BFD 

We also use to meet at one bus stop. Not catered right to each driveway like today. Lame. Stop to stop go stop go

Yeah, it’s crazy.  If you were in like 2 miles of school, no bus for you. In elementary school I walked little over a mile to school.  It would be unimaginable today for a small kids to be wandering down the side of the road to school. 

1 minute ago, Mag6240 said:

At my sons graduation party, one older guy rode his bike to it, about 8 miles, he was so proud of himself!  We stood there looking at him and his "Junk" in his spandex, and we all said, "Really Dave?"  

Is that what it is really about? :lol:

• Haha 1

• Gold Member
8 minutes ago, ViperGTS/Z1 said:

To be honest with you, I bought this little Coleman mini-bike to get around my property, I dont wear a helmet but Im a bit uncomfortable  without it, 25mph smashing your head into a rock isn't going to end well....and there are plenty of rocks on my property.  

20210502_121155.jpg

I got a CRF 110 with Tall bars and BBR springs for 200lb rider. 
I’ve gotten more hurt fucking around in shorts and no Helmet on that thing than I have my KTM 500  :S xD

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Pete said:

Yup....we used to have about 6 kids that all walked to the same bus stop...a couple had to walk a good 1/4 mile or so to get there. The stop was pretty close to my house.  A couple of us even sparked up a joint once in awhile while waiting for bus or on busride home...different world.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Skidooski said:

I need a dropper post because it's annoying when my normal (baggy) shorts get caught on the seat. I sure as fuck aint getting the padded spandex shit  :lol: Always wear my helmet but I'm always in the woods

I just wear the padded shorts under some gym shorts..If you spend a lot of time on the bike it's definitely worth the investment

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Steve753 said:

When I was a kid I use to wear the spandex bike shorts under my regular shorts. The padding in the crotch area really protected the family jewels and made it more comfortable on those long bike rides back and forth to school and wherever the hell else we went.

:lol:

How old are you steve?  
I haven’t been on a bike since my kids were little and rode bikes. Thinking I may start riding one to work if gas keeps going up.  

two kinds of riders around here… the dressed up pro & the I lost my license with a DUI.  I saw a woman in probably her 40’s huffing it down side of road, smoke in her mouth, riding a pink kids BMX bike. :lol:

• Haha 2

Just now, Cold War said:

How old are you steve?  
I haven’t been on a bike since my kids were little and rode bikes. Thinking I may start riding one to work if gas keeps going up.  

two kinds of riders around here… the dressed up pro & the I lost my license with a DUI.  I saw a woman in probably her 40’s huffing it down side of road, smoke in her mouth, riding a pink kids BMX bike. :lol:

I'm 53. Haven't ridden a bike in yrs other than a stationary at the gym.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DriftBusta said:

Complain?!  We laugh about how much we fucked all you latchkey Members Only jacket GenXers out of your social security, while we steal your wimins

I knew it!

5 minutes ago, EvilBird said:

I got a CRF 110 with Tall bars and BBR springs for 200lb rider. 
I’ve gotten more hurt fucking around in shorts and no Helmet on that thing than I have my KTM 500  :S xD

Lol..yeah, this thing is a hardtail...I can see myself getting hurt on this pretty easy if Im not careful.....60 years old and 6'3....my wife says I look like an idiot riding this....:lol:...I just tell her your only as old as you let yourself get...Im never gonna grow up

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stephen Hawking said:

Local Dunkin Donuts is where they meet around these parts.

It seems like every McDonalds everywhere has a group of old guys that meet for coffee every morning. I dont go there as much since my kids are older now but I have always noticed that. I'm trying to get my dad to find one of those because he likes coffee and loves to complain

4 minutes ago, Cold War said:

How old are you steve?  

Maybe go with an Electric bike?.... I'm thinking about getting one of those for fun

• Gold Member
5 minutes ago, ViperGTS/Z1 said:

Lol..yeah, this thing is a hardtail...I can see myself getting hurt on this pretty easy if Im not careful.....60 years old and 6'3....my wife says I look like an idiot riding this....:lol:...I just tell her your only as old as you let yourself get...Im never gonna grow up

Yeah . My next door neighbor is like 57 and bought the exact same one from Tractor supply and sold it shortly after lol.  Figured it beat him up. 

• Gold Member
17 minutes ago, Cold War said:

How old are you steve?  

Get one of these ! 80-90s style BMX with electric motor. I’m tempted to buy one and terrorize the Dorks on the Bike path :lol:

https://zoozbikes.com/products/2022-ultra-urban-1100

96D3494B-9211-469D-BEDD-75389B28B36A.png

Edited by EvilBird
  • Like 1