Check your account email address ×

Ford CEO Farley says electric vehicles will be sold 100% online, have nonnegotiable price

4 hours ago, gravy davey said:

So these EV’s will never need repair ? no wheel bearings brakes suspension components ect ect.  ???

compared to an ICE vehicle very little.  Servie carries a lot of dealerships now but in the future they will not

20 hours ago, Angry ginger said:

compared to an ICE vehicle very little.  Servie carries a lot of dealerships now but in the future they will not

That’s impressive no tires brakes or suspension parts I’m impressed to say the least   Oh and all of the electronic shit that will never fail either.  :lol: 

• Thanks 1

No oil, coolant, tranny fluid, diff fluid,, power steering fluid, belts, spark plugs, coils, injectors, thermostats, water pumps, radiators, fans, exhaust systems, fuel pumps, fuel filters, air filters, O2 sensors, MAP sensors, and the list goes on. 

Yes, ICE vehicles need tires changed.  Brakes? well not very often since you have regen braking. Depending on how you drive you may never need to do brakes.  

The only scheduled maintenance on them is tire rotations and cabin air filters.  

36 minutes ago, Doorider said:

No oil, coolant, tranny fluid, diff fluid,, power steering fluid, belts, spark plugs, coils, injectors, thermostats, water pumps, radiators, fans, exhaust systems, fuel pumps, fuel filters, air filters, O2 sensors, MAP sensors, and the list goes on. 

Yes, ICE vehicles need tires changed.  Brakes? well not very often since you have regen braking. Depending on how you drive you may never need to do brakes.  

The only scheduled maintenance on them is tire rotations and cabin air filters.  

They do have a water pump, rad, and coolant for the batteries. I bought an electric mower 6 years ago. Used it until last year. No gas, oil, or maintenance of any kind. Just charge the lithium battery pack. 

On 6/2/2022 at 11:58 AM, spin_dry said:

There’s less systems to go wrong with an EV. Less routine maintenance as well  That’s a simple fact. 

I use to sell ev. They brake down just as much as a gas unit. The only thing a ev has over gas is there are no fluids to change. 

• Gold Member

On my Tesla the only recommended maintenance is cabin air filter every 2-3 years, wiper blades as needed, tires as needed, washer fluid as needed, and if you live in salted area they want you to do an annual brake lube of the slides on calipers.

Most things you get off Amazon such as wipers, cabin air filter, and washer fluid…. Tires can be had at your local tire store or Costco or some shit.

On 6/2/2022 at 12:13 PM, gravy davey said:

So these EV’s will never need repair ? no wheel bearings brakes suspension components ect ect.  ???

4 hours ago, gravy davey said:

That’s impressive no tires brakes or suspension parts I’m impressed to say the least   Oh and all of the electronic shit that will never fail either.  :lol: 

It's like they float on air...

How long do the batteries last, anybody know?

• Like 1

• Gold Member
5 hours ago, spin_dry said:

They do have a water pump, rad, and coolant for the batteries. I bought an electric mower 6 years ago. Used it until last year. No gas, oil, or maintenance of any kind. Just charge the lithium battery pack. 

:lol:

You would buy a electric mower for your 100 square foot RV pad 

leonardo-dicaprio-laughing.jpg

On 6/1/2022 at 9:06 PM, teamgreen02 said:

And we will all be better off because of it.

Dealers will still make money on parts and service.

Judging by the lake house the local Cheby dealer built, then added on to the next summer, I'm not one bit concerned about him making any extra money.

Edited by racinfarmer

• Platinum Contributing Member
9 hours ago, racinfarmer said:

Judging by the lake house the local Cheby dealer built, then added on to the next summer, I'm not one bit concerned about him making any extra money.

No kidding...we’ve done work for a few dealership owners...they ain’t hurting.😂

On 6/1/2022 at 11:01 PM, SSFB said:

What do cars salesmen do for society anyways?

If they’re born into money they run for the GOP ticket. 

giphy.gif

On 6/2/2022 at 10:38 AM, Angry ginger said:

this is going to totally upend the business model of dealers.  Combine that with EV's not needing the maint,  not stacking inventory and all these big lot dealers with 50 service bays are going to be in trouble in 10-20 years.  

No doubt, and the gas station business as well.

On 6/2/2022 at 10:39 AM, Angry ginger said:

i am the easiest to deal with as I am looking for a fair deal notplaying the nickle and diming game but i want to be out in 30 minutes.  they were a bit slow when i bought the F150 but it was the kids forst deal so i let it slide.  Almost 2 decades of being able to just call my dealer tell him he needed to get the car from Detroit and then picking it up in 15 minutes spoiled me.  

Same.  Drives me crazy. I spent more than half the day waiting for my truck to get delivered. The car buying process should not being such a pain in the balls.

21 hours ago, gravy davey said:

A hell of a lot less moving parts, and with regenerative braking, brake light should be dramatically improved over a normal gas powered vehicle