Check your account email address ×

Tips for new beer cart girl on a golf course?

I know, kind of a weird topic but I'm trying to help my daughter out and curious on what other tips/feedback I'm forgetting.  Quick background:  my kid has been working at a local golf course for a few years now, and turned 18 last summer but stayed in the bar.  This year, she's gonna start working the beer/beverage cart.  Today was supposed to be her training day, but of course the weather was shit, so she was told not to bother & just plan on being there Saturday to work it.  "You know the course, so we'll just load you up and let you go" was the feedback :lol2:

So, although I know she has a pretty good idea of what to expect & I'm sure she'll roll her eyes when I try to talk to her about it, I was trying to put some stuff together for her just in case the manager at the course doesn't help her out much on Saturday.  This is what I came up with:

• Never take drink orders by the green (holding up play).  Always take the order on the next tee box – or take their order quickly, and meet them at the next tee box
  • Always stop if you’re near someone getting ready to swing/play their ball – or at least slow way down.  Kind of like the guy mowing, who stops mowing when people are near him
  • Know the names of members and always make eye contact when talking to them - don't ignore them by looking at your phone or down at your feet!
  • Guys are notorious flirts (when they’re playing without wives/girlfriends) so expect to hear flirty comments.  And accepting them & joking with them = GOOD TIPS $$$
  • Remember your good tippers – try to keep them on your radar and visit them a couple times on the Front & Back
  • Use the thumbs up/thumbs down when approaching people to see if they need something – if they want something they’ll make sure you know (typically a thumbs up signals you to keep moving along)
  • If they’re jerks – limit the number of times you’re near them (so they can’t wave you down to stop)
  • You shouldn’t have to spend much time near #1 or #10 because people will have just come from the clubhouse more than likely – focus on holes #3-#9 and #12-#18
  • If they ask you if you played, and want you to hit their drive ... do it!  It will typically be more money in your tip jar!
  • Don't skimp on booze when making mixed drinks (although I'm sure you have a clicker to govern how much goes into each one)
  • SMILE SMILE SMILE 
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Bontz said:

I know, kind of a weird topic but I'm trying to help my daughter out and curious on what other tips/feedback I'm forgetting.  Quick background:  my kid has been working at a local golf course for a few years now, and turned 18 last summer but stayed in the bar.  This year, she's gonna start working the beer/beverage cart.  Today was supposed to be her training day, but of course the weather was shit, so she was told not to bother & just plan on being there Saturday to work it.  "You know the course, so we'll just load you up and let you go" was the feedback :lol2:

So, although I know she has a pretty good idea of what to expect & I'm sure she'll roll her eyes when I try to talk to her about it, I was trying to put some stuff together for her just in case the manager at the course doesn't help her out much on Saturday.  This is what I came up with:

• Never take drink orders by the green (holding up play).  Always take the order on the next tee box – or take their order quickly, and meet them at the next tee box
  • Always stop if you’re near someone getting ready to swing/play their ball – or at least slow way down.  Kind of like the guy mowing, who stops mowing when people are near him
  • Know the names of members and always make eye contact when talking to them - don't ignore them by looking at your phone or down at your feet!
  • Guys are notorious flirts (when they’re playing without wives/girlfriends) so expect to hear flirty comments.  And accepting them & joking with them = GOOD TIPS $$$
  • Remember your good tippers – try to keep them on your radar and visit them a couple times on the Front & Back
  • Use the thumbs up/thumbs down when approaching people to see if they need something – if they want something they’ll make sure you know (typically a thumbs up signals you to keep moving along)
  • If they’re jerks – limit the number of times you’re near them (so they can’t wave you down to stop)
  • You shouldn’t have to spend much time near #1 or #10 because people will have just come from the clubhouse more than likely – focus on holes #3-#9 and #12-#18
  • If they ask you if you played, and want you to hit their drive ... do it!  It will typically be more money in your tip jar!
  • Don't skimp on booze when making mixed drinks (although I'm sure you have a clicker to govern how much goes into each one)
  • SMILE SMILE SMILE 

All great tips,,,if she did all that for me,,,great tip:thumb:

2 minutes ago, Deephaven said:

Since she is your daughter I don't have any tips that will help.

Easy, keep my daughter out of this, and I’ll keep 👍 this out of your daughter 

Edited by toslow

More seriously, if you can handle it, flirting will make her money.  I am not recommending taking anything too far, but her goal is to make everyone out there feel better.  The more she does that the more she will get paid.  There are a lot of rich sorry slobs that golf.  The best mechanism for her is to use eye contact and big smiles.

2 minutes ago, Deephaven said:

More seriously, if you can handle it, flirting will make her money.  I am not recommending taking anything too far, but her goal is to make everyone out there feel better.  The more she does that the more she will get paid.  There are a lot of rich sorry slobs that golf.  The best mechanism for her is to use eye contact and big smiles.

Few years back we had a cart girl Steph,,,huge rack. I was yacking with her dad at work one day,,,he's a 300lbs 6'4" biker type dude. He asked if I was at men's night,,,I said "Yup",,,he asked"Steph have a tight top on?" ,,,I sheepishly said "yes". "Good girl she gets way more tips that way" and we both laughed(thankfully)

1 minute ago, Deephaven said:

More important than dressing is engagement.  People want to feel special and want attention.  If she gives that to people she will be noticed.  I wouldn't forego the dressing however.

Most of the guys I'm with get knocky knees from a nice smile!!!

26 minutes ago, Deephaven said:

More important than dressing is engagement.  People want to feel special and want attention.  If she gives that to people she will be noticed.  I wouldn't forego the dressing however.

I sure the ladies don't need advice from faggots who are confused about their gender.

15 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

I sure the ladies don't need advice from faggots who are confused about their gender.

13 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Then again golf isn't really a manly man sport.:lol:

You're posting/sounding like 550. Quoted your own post, was that AC talking to DC :lol:

• Gold Member

I married the beer cart gal.  WAAAAAAYYYYY out kicked my coverage.  To be honest though she bought me a beer first.  Funny story about her.  She doesn't wear downstairs underwear.  One afternoon after we had been dating for a week or two I walked into the clubhouse and she was bartending.  These two jack wagons were drunk and tryin to flirt with her.  I said whats going on here boys and they said she told us we would get a free drink if we guessed what color her undies were.  I said well thats easy she aint wearing any!   Oh fuck did that get the bar stirred up.  One of the few times I have seen my wife blush....  LOL.  Hey Bontz you gonna show some pics of said beer cart girl??  LOL  Yours get mine...

• Like 2

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 hour ago, Deephaven said:

Since she is your daughter I don't have any tips that will help.

Beat me to it!!!

20 minutes ago, poopooforme said:

I married the beer cart gal.  WAAAAAAYYYYY out kicked my coverage.  To be honest though she bought me a beer first.  Funny story about her.  She doesn't wear downstairs underwear.  One afternoon after we had been dating for a week or two I walked into the clubhouse and she was bartending.  These two jack wagons were drunk and tryin to flirt with her.  I said whats going on here boys and they said she told us we would get a free drink if we guessed what color her undies were.  I said well thats easy she aint wearing any!   Oh fuck did that get the bar stirred up.  One of the few times I have seen my wife blush....  LOL.  Hey Bontz you gonna show some pics of said beer cart girl??  LOL  Yours get mine...

Cool story bud:lol::bc:

Lets not ask for  pics of peoples daughters in FSCE :thumbsup:

1 hour ago, poopooforme said:

LOL ... sorry man, but that's a hard pass.  I'm not gonna post pics of my kid with this bunch of misfits :lol:

1 hour ago, HSR said:

Cool story bud:lol::bc:

Lets not ask for  pics of peoples daughters in FSCE :thumbsup:

:thumbsup:

You hit all the points. If she does those things she will do a great job and make great tips. 

A good cart girl really does make the round more enjoyable. We know she wants nothing to do with us but it’s still fun to pretend for a minute that she might. :lol:

• Gold Member
9 hours ago, Bontz said:

LOL ... sorry man, but that's a hard pass.  I'm not gonna post pics of my kid with this bunch of misfits :lol:

:thumbsup:

Ya I was just fuckin with ya.  The internets are some scary places.  Especially these days....  Good luck to your daughter.  My wife made very good money running that cart.  It drove me nuts but she made great money.  Low cut tight tops for the win.  We are a bunch of dirty old men....  LOL

• Haha 2

• Platinum Contributing Member

As Dalton said....I want yout to be nice...until it's time not to be nice.

I'll tip more on personality than looks but looks don't hurt.   Helps if she knows the game a bit and can flip some shit.   Also respect the game because not everyone is there to drink first.

I wish I could show her this thread, but I know she'd give the .... "God Dad!!  Really?  You posted that on some forum for people to read???"   If we weren't doing the inaugural camping weekend of the season, I'd head to the course just to give her shit and see how she's doing - but I'm pretty confident she'll be fine.  She's been golfing with me and my buddies for years, and sees how things work.  She's also a very good golfer, and knows the etiquette of the course, so there's some experience that should suit her well.  Thanks for the entertaining replies!! :lol: