Check your account email address ×

Yeah, that was real smart

Florida teen killed while friends were taking turns shooting one another in bulletproof vest, police say

Lawrence Richard
Sat, April 9, 2022, 1:16 AM

A Florida boy, 16, was killed this week after he and at least two others took turns shooting one another while wearing body armor, officials said.

Joshua Vining and Colton Whitler, both 17, were arrested Thursday and are being tried as adults in connection with the shooting incident Sunday in Belleview (about 70 miles northwest of Orlando), where Christopher Leroy Broad Jr. was killed, according to the Belleview Police Department.

Officers said they responded to a dispatch call where they found the boy in the residence with a gunshot wound. He was taken to a hospital where he later died, police said.

A video of the incident was recorded by 18-year-old Evan Vowell, who was allegedly at the home at the time of the incident, and later provided the video to law enforcement, Click Orlando reported.

Vowell told police that Vining initiated the shooting game after he produced a firearm and a bulletproof vest, asking if they "had ever seen anyone get shot with a bulletproof vest on," officials said.

Investigators determined Vowell’s statement to be true after Whitmer initially misled police, saying "my house just got shot up, my friend got shot in the chest," according to affidavits before he called the police. In a later statement, Whitler said Vowell shot Broad Jr., but the evidence did not support this claim, police said.

Police charged Vining with aggravated manslaughter of a child with a firearm and Whitler was charged with providing false information to law enforcement, both as adults.

• Confused 1

Blame it on social media, I seen videos on Y-tube showing the owner on a body armor company wearing his product and being shot while wearing it.

Posting and saying it as many times as anyone wants "DO NOT TRY THIS AT HOME" does not stop stupid people from doing stupid things.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jerry 976 said:

Blame it on social media, I seen videos on Y-tube showing the owner on a body armor company wearing his product and being shot while wearing it.

Posting and saying it as many times as anyone wants "DO NOT TRY THIS AT HOME" does not stop stupid people from doing stupid things.

I grew up watching Barney Rubble play records with a bird beak. Never tried it. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

1 hour ago, racinfarmer said:

Fixed that on up for you.

28 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Nailed it 

Awe, look at you 2 clowns, Florida is a paradise compared to northern Minnesota…….let alone all of Minnesota. :lmao:

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, snoughnut said:

Awe, look at you 2 clowns, Florida is a paradise compared to northern Minnesota…….let alone all of Minnesota. :lmao:

Northern MN is like Northern WI only without fucking retards 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, racinfarmer said:

About the only thing they have going for them is no daytime speed limit on the trails.

There is some alphabet road every 100 yards though so your 600 is never going faster than 45 before stopping anyways 

6 minutes ago, snoughnut said:

Northern WI is far superior to N Minnesota and there are far more retards there, you are perfect example. :lmao:

No....you have never even been to northern man you fucking idiot. From Duluth to Bemidji is central Mn and far country. 

1 minute ago, f7ben said:

The north shore of Lake Superior blows away any part of wisconsin and it’s not close 

I really enjoyed riding the North Shore with Butters, Jammin and Steve. :bc:

10 minutes ago, SSFB said:

I really enjoyed riding the North Shore with Butters, Jammin and Steve. :bc:

I actually don’t care for it at all. Very slow speed riding. It’s scenic for sure but the trail system sucks 

2 hours ago, f7ben said:

No....you have never even been to northern man you fucking idiot. From Duluth to Bemidji is central Mn and far country. 

Trust me, you don't know where I've been, period. You fucking idiot. 

7 hours ago, XCR1250 said:

Florida teen killed while friends were taking turns shooting one another in bulletproof vest, police say

Lawrence Richard
Sat, April 9, 2022, 1:16 AM

A Florida boy, 16, was killed this week after he and at least two others took turns shooting one another while wearing body armor, officials said.

Joshua Vining and Colton Whitler, both 17, were arrested Thursday and are being tried as adults in connection with the shooting incident Sunday in Belleview (about 70 miles northwest of Orlando), where Christopher Leroy Broad Jr. was killed, according to the Belleview Police Department.

Officers said they responded to a dispatch call where they found the boy in the residence with a gunshot wound. He was taken to a hospital where he later died, police said.

A video of the incident was recorded by 18-year-old Evan Vowell, who was allegedly at the home at the time of the incident, and later provided the video to law enforcement, Click Orlando reported.

Vowell told police that Vining initiated the shooting game after he produced a firearm and a bulletproof vest, asking if they "had ever seen anyone get shot with a bulletproof vest on," officials said.

Investigators determined Vowell’s statement to be true after Whitmer initially misled police, saying "my house just got shot up, my friend got shot in the chest," according to affidavits before he called the police. In a later statement, Whitler said Vowell shot Broad Jr., but the evidence did not support this claim, police said.

Police charged Vining with aggravated manslaughter of a child with a firearm and Whitler was charged with providing false information to law enforcement, both as adults.

Ok ... the Bullet Proof Vest  didn't protect the person.  

Product liability or just a bad shot.

Boys will be Boys . . .  things happen  .

7 hours ago, spin_dry said:

I grew up watching Barney Rubble play records with a bird beak. Never tried it. 

I grew up watching a young man (Jimmy) that had a talking golden flute (Freddy) & a talking dragon (H.R. Pufnstuf) that was the Mayor of and island.:lol:

Take a trip and never leave the farm.............. smoke2.gif.88bdc9c92b324822a6946798e550d6d3.gif

Edited by Jerry 976

5 hours ago, f7ben said:

I actually don’t care for it at all. Very slow speed riding. It’s scenic for sure but the trail system sucks 

North shore trail slow?? Dude it's like the autobahn of sled trails. If you can't ride that trail fast you should just stay at the bar

3 minutes ago, Cat45 said:

North shore trail slow?? Dude it's like the autobahn of sled trails. If you can't ride that trail fast you should just stay at the bar

I rode it from silver bay to grand Marais twice in my life and I don’t recall a single stretch where you could run up well past 100mph 

Just now, f7ben said:

I rode it from silver bay to grand Marais twice in my life and I don’t recall a single stretch where you could run up well past 100mph 

There's a few, wi has lot's of rail beds for ya to ride if you can't go around corners😁