Check your account email address ×

gas guzzling trucks and SUVS

I'm hoping the fuel prices stay up just long enough to trigger a sell-off of trucks. My 2016 Sierra Denali 1500 does surprisingly well towing the travel trailer in flats and rolling hills, but I want more payload, better power, better brakes, and a stiffer overall setup for crossing the mountains between AZ and WI. Maybe in the fall. Ram 2500 is the only 3/4 ton that's garage friendly so it will probably be one of those. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Matt said:

I'm hoping the fuel prices stay up just long enough to trigger a sell-off of trucks. My 2016 Sierra Denali 1500 does surprisingly well towing the travel trailer in flats and rolling hills, but I want more payload, better power, better brakes, and a stiffer overall setup for crossing the mountains between AZ and WI. Maybe in the fall. Ram 2500 is the only 3/4 ton that's garage friendly so it will probably be one of those. 

Pretty happy with mine.  Almost 30k on it.  Solid truck.

• Like 1

• Gold Member
5 hours ago, spin_dry said:

They’ll calm down soon enough. Americans are spoiled with cheap fuel. Have been for years. Pacifier fell on the floor for now. 

I really dig filling up for free much of the time.  Times I do pay it’s

pennies a mile cost.  Nice not to have gas or energy bills.  

Edited by BOHICA

6 hours ago, BOHICA said:

It warms my heart to watch people bob on the Arab schlong  and gulp that Putin pudding in hopes of getting cheap fuel.  Christ!  man up an pay the price instead the bitching and moaning.

Yeah the new green deal is sweet . Would not need any fuel but our own if politically motivated hacks did not keep getting in the way 

• Like 1

• Gold Member
7 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

Yeah the new green deal is sweet . Would not need any fuel but our own if politically motivated hacks did not keep getting in the way 

We don’t even have the green new deal in effect as it’s not law.  It would get wicked expensive if we had that plan as law. We are still working under what Trump had setup during his tenure.

17 hours ago, BOHICA said:

We don’t even have the green new deal in effect as it’s not law.  It would get wicked expensive if we had that plan as law. We are still working under what Trump had setup during his tenure.

You understand how oil speculation works right.  And when you come out swinging for the fences banning pipe lines begging to get back in to the scam knowen as the Paris accord push your new green deal bullshit investors respond accordingly.  As they should then you toss a media in talking about some Insignificant amount of oil old Joe s going to stop allowing to come from Russia we get 6 buck gas . Enjoy it all you deserve exactly what you get every fucking bit of it 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

My ecoboost which i find terrible was better than that.  

PXL_20220306_170503295.jpg

What are you pulling ? I was yanking deckover 8.5x 24 just over 6ft inside. 

I dont get any better yanking my little toy hauler.  If I drop to 70 u can get around 11 12 

• Like 1

• Gold Member
3 hours ago, Ez ryder said:

You understand how oil speculation works right.  And when you come out swinging for the fences banning pipe lines begging to get back in to the scam knowen as the Paris accord push your new green deal bullshit investors respond accordingly.  As they should then you toss a media in talking about some Insignificant amount of oil old Joe s going to stop allowing to come from Russia we get 6 buck gas . Enjoy it all you deserve exactly what you get every fucking bit of it 

Well we don’t have the green new deal or the need for keystone xl…. The exist pipeline infrastructure from Canada to the US is under utilized.  Only pipeline even close to running at capacity is in the Permian.  Canada needs to harvest a lot more oil to even put a strain on exist infrastructure.

8 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

Well we don’t have the green new deal or the need for keystone xl…. The exist pipeline infrastructure from Canada to the US is under utilized.  Only pipeline even close to running at capacity is in the Permian.  Canada needs to harvest a lot more oil to even put a strain on exist infrastructure.

Again you do understand how oil is priced right ? 

So again in this game talk is not cheep and the players doing the talking fully understand that. And again I hope you choke on it with every purchase you make for the next 3 yrs 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ez ryder said:

So again in this game talk is not cheep and the players doing the talking fully understand that. And again I hope you choke on it with every purchase you make for the next 3 yrs 

Please teach the class. 

• Gold Member
18 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

I could careless.  I’m not a puppet to oil companies or gas pumps.  I prefer to be self dependent then a dependent bitch

• Haha 1

• Platinum Contributing Member

I'm around 20-22mpg in my truck with just normal everyday driving to the store and what not, down a little more the winter with remote starting. With landscape trailer like 12mpg, with sled trailer like 15mpg. 

• Gold Member
7 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

When did you take possession of your Rivian? 

July to September 2022 is my delivery window.  Picked up a new Tesla 3 lr first few days in December 2021.  Wife phev will be gone once the Rivian shows up.  Had 2 months of a minor electric bill so may slap up another 12 panels before Trump’s 26% solar tax credit gets reduce to 22% at the first of the year 

Edited by BOHICA
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, BOHICA said:

July to September 2022 is my delivery window.  Picked up a new Tesla 3 lr first few days in December.  Wife phev will be gone once the Rivian shows up.  Had 2 months of a minor electric bill so may slap up another 12 panels before Trump’s 26% solar tax credit gets reduce to 22% at the first of the year 

Excellent. The reviews of the Rivian have been outstanding. There's been some comparisons between the Rivian and modified rock crawlers and the Rivian has done well. An all around winner.