Check your account email address ×

Four RMV employees terminated after investigation into licenses obtained without road test

• Platinum Contributing Member

February 16, 2022 at 8:12 am EST

By Boston 25 News Staff

Four RMV employees are off the job after an investigation revealed 2,100 Massachusetts drivers obtained a license without taking a road test.

The licenses were handed out in 2020, according to a statement issued by MassDOT spokesperson, Jacquelyn Goddard.

The drivers impacted now have ten days to pass a road test.

21 minutes ago, Stephen Hawking said:

The last debacle they had with not processing out of state violations worked for me, my out of state speeding ticket never cost me points here.

It fucked an employee of mine. Dude with same name as him got a DWI in NY. They entered it as him. Turned into a 6 month ass ache for him.

15 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

never been to a state with more gantrys than NY has on the turnpike

I travel NY daily, well over 1000+ mi a week from one end to the other,..The Thruway has a toll, one bridge in Buffalo, and NYC is probably toll heaven..but I'd say 95% of the state is toll free driving..

:dunno:

@01mxz800 travels the state daily too, other than the Thruway I think it's not to bad. 

1 hour ago, Rigid1 said:

I travel NY daily, well over 1000+ mi a week from one end to the other,..The Thruway has a toll, one bridge in Buffalo, and NYC is probably toll heaven..but I'd say 95% of the state is toll free driving..

:dunno:

@01mxz800 travels the state daily too, other than the Thruway I think it's not to bad. 

the thruway has a gantry at every old exit and cost like 20 to go end to end.   

41 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

the thruway has a gantry at every old exit and cost like 20 to go end to end.   

Correct on cost, but I don't know what you mean by gantry?? Its all easy pass

11 hours ago, Rigid1 said:

Correct on cost, but I don't know what you mean by gantry?? Its all easy pass

it's those new things that have all the tolling equipment on, some are on the road and some replace where the toll booths were, all our trucks have EZpass so I can't tell you what the rates are but I think it more than $20 to go end to end in a car

35 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

the gantry is what holds the EZ pass sensor every few miles over the road.  

I thought you meant like the arm things like a railroad crossing would have that come down :bc: