Check your account email address ×

2010 800R renegade PTEC

New pistons and rings new crankshaft and new crank bearings all the work was done by a ski doo technician that does this all the time. We put the motor back in pulled it over 100 times. We put mixed gas in the cylinders to get it to run it but it will not idle. When we got it to run for a while by babying the throttle, I put my hand over the clutch side carburetor I could feel no suction there. Any of you guys got any ideas of what it could be? No engine light.

27 minutes ago, Skidooski said:

Compression check or cylinder leak down tested?

If you notice in my original thread I said it's all brand new this motor is basically brand new. jugs were checked for taper they were perfectly straight. brand new Pistons, rings, crank and bearings. All work was done by a pro

• Platinum Contributing Member
2 hours ago, GreenStreak said:

If you notice in my original thread I said it's all brand new this motor is basically brand new. jugs were checked for taper they were perfectly straight. brand new Pistons, rings, crank and bearings. All work was done by a pro

And I also noticed you said PTO side had no vacuum while running. So no comp check or cylinder leak down test?

Edited by Skidooski
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, GreenStreak said:

Even the best can make a mistake. People are trying to help you, could be some good advice out there. Smart guys will listen and learn.

1 minute ago, J. Jackson said:

Even the best can make a mistake. People are trying to help you, could be some good advice out there. Smart guys will listen and learn.

guy i rode with got his sled back from dealer with pistons installed backwards and lost compression 10 miles into the next days riding.  Rebuilt the second time the next day and was fine after.  As you said mistakes can happen.  

Edited by Angry ginger

• Gold Member

my buddy sent me this yesterday.....Guy he rides with did recent top end rebuild by "Pro"/ dealer.  Pro S 800.....gone. 

id check compression.  Then leak down. If all is well , id say you have a fueling issue. Fuel pump, clogged filter, kinked or broken fuel line in tank. Etc

20220214_134242.jpg

Edited by EvilBird

13 hours ago, GreenStreak said:

Again some times pros do shit so often they glaze over and get distracted from task at hand and get back to it and shit gets over looked . Sucks qhen you spend for quality and then have to spend days fucking off because of somthing you paid top dollar to avoid 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, EvilBird said:

my buddy sent me this yesterday.....Guy he rides with did recent top end rebuild by "Pro"/ dealer.  Pro S 800.....gone. 

id check compression.  Then leak down. If all is well , id say you have a fueling issue. Fuel pump, clogged filter, kinked or broken fuel line in tank. Etc

20220214_134242.jpg

Did he take that picture on an original Motorola Razor? :lol: :bc:

• Haha 2

• Gold Member
5 hours ago, SSFB said:

Did he take that picture on an original Motorola Razor? :lol: :bc:

It was a video sent from a Iphone I screenshot ....I have a Android so any video sent via text from an Apple looks like shit lol...

• Haha 1

On 2/14/2022 at 7:50 AM, GreenStreak said:

What does he think it is??? What did you guys get for compression readings?

If youre not getting a pulse through the carb on the PTO cylinder it probably means that there's no primary compression. is there a drain plug in the case that's been left out? Fuel pump pulse line unhooked? Some weird blockage in the reed cage? I'm assuming that you have good secondary compression. 

Edited by spin_dry

I figured it out. One of the spacers that go over the reeds was bent the spacers sit right behind the carb boots. The bolts that hold these on also hold the carb boots on. Cleaned up the spacers straighten them and now the thing runs like an animal. my daughter is very happy. Thanks for the suggestions gentleman! :bc:

• Like 2

3 hours ago, GreenStreak said:

I figured it out. One of the spacers that go over the reeds was bent the spacers sit right behind the carb boots. The bolts that hold these on also hold the carb boots on. Cleaned up the spacers straighten them and now the thing runs like an animal. my daughter is very happy. Thanks for the suggestions gentleman! :bc:

So who was the “ professional “ that put this together?? Sounds like it was you :lol:

8 hours ago, HSR said:

So who was the “ professional “ that put this together?? Sounds like it was you :lol:

Air gap was underneath smartass. Hard to find by anyone I found it by smoking it with my evap smoke machine. You probably would have junked the sled.