Check your account email address ×

Polaris updates snow check customers

krom

On 1/30/2022 at 5:50 AM, Tripleflipper said:

It's only useless cause you're to facking lazy to go look:news: And on the flip side there are zero posts on the Cat site of Poo or Doo riders switching to Cat. Just an observation

Found this :lmao:

https://www.hardcoresledder.com/threads/im-all-out-of-patience.1884380/

Screenshot_20220131-114020.png

Edited by Crnr2Crnr

Wasn't that dude (DamageInc) a long time Cat guy?  Like, blind brand loyal type of guy?  Guessing there's a reason he was going to TRY the Polaris this season ... kinda like @Ziemann and a few others.  It sucks that the guy is getting screwed over and missing out, but he's not alone :news:  Those guys who are jumping ship are opportunities lost and it's too bad because I'd love to see the feedback once they got those sleds and got some seat time.

46 minutes ago, Bontz said:

Wasn't that dude (DamageInc) a long time Cat guy?  Like, blind brand loyal type of guy?  Guessing there's a reason he was going to TRY the Polaris this season ... kinda like @Ziemann and a few others.  It sucks that the guy is getting screwed over and missing out, but he's not alone :news:  Those guys who are jumping ship are opportunities lost and it's too bad because I'd love to see the feedback once they got those sleds and got some seat time.

I think so 🤔

I get people being gorked out over this as it's a short season and they ordered their sleds almost a year ago, but some act as though they're the only ones.  If riding is that important, don't trade in until the new one shows up, or buy and maintain a backup sled ffs.  

This was a fun one... 😂

Screenshot_20220131-124035.png

15 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

Stop teasing Bontz 

Nah - I'm to the point right now where I really don't know that I care.  And I'm being 100% honest with that statement.  The kid's got volleyball every weekend or every other, and the in between weekends where she doesn't are starting to fill up with other plans, so .... it is what it is, I guess.  I'd really like to take my $500 deposit back and say fuck it, but I have a hard time swallowing what I'm sure will be a 15%-20% increase for the same sled in 2023 (if those show up).  The one positive of backing away would be, I'm not forced to do business with a dealer I normally wouldn't give the time of day to ... and coming in a close second, if my sled was built in the past couple months who knows what kind of a shit show they had putting these things together?  

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Bontz said:

Nah - I'm to the point right now where I really don't know that I care.  And I'm being 100% honest with that statement.  The kid's got volleyball every weekend or every other, and the in between weekends where she doesn't are starting to fill up with other plans, so .... it is what it is, I guess.  I'd really like to take my $500 deposit back and say fuck it, but I have a hard time swallowing what I'm sure will be a 15%-20% increase for the same sled in 2023 (if those show up).  The one positive of backing away would be, I'm not forced to do business with a dealer I normally wouldn't give the time of day to ... and coming in a close second, if my sled was built in the past couple months who knows what kind of a shit show they had putting these things together?  

my suggestion, wait for the new F7 

;)

:lol:

@Doug congrats!!!!

@Bontz sorry I haven't been on. I've either been grooming, working or riding. I'm pretty pleased with my VR1. It'll be worth the wait. Plus, we need to get some rides in.....

I'm headed to the groomer show over in St. Germain this week. Time to do some demos and shopping. :-)

• Like 2

I'm genuinely happy that you were able to work something out with the Duluth dealership, and that you're getting some miles on despite the early woes, Bryan :thumbsup:  If I were somehow to be surprised with good news in the next week & a half, I'd move my schedule around to head north next week/weekend ... but I think that's a bit of a pipe dream at this point.  People will call me high/drunk for even considering it, but if Polaris offered up a $2500 golden ticket to cancel out of my '22 and snowcheck a '23, I probably would.  And I'd look to see if I can score something else during the summer ... when hopefully people won't be asking/getting top dollar.  The golden ticket thing is the only way I'm giving Snow check a sniff though (and I find that pretty unlikely given the demand).

1 minute ago, Ziemann said:

@Doug congrats!!!!

@Bontz sorry I haven't been on. I've either been grooming, working or riding. I'm pretty pleased with my VR1. It'll be worth the wait. Plus, we need to get some rides in.....

I'm headed to the groomer show over in St. Germain this week. Time to do some demos and shopping. :-)

Dam I've been there a couple times and was worth the trip.  Great opportunity to try the different drags with 2 if them being may right in St Germain.  Can't make it this year.  

We haven't turned a track on our groomer around home and up by our place up Nth they have been doing a great job as usual.

• Like 1

@Bontz

What's the latest guess-stimate on your sled's delivery?

The original sled that I ordered is 3/15-3/31. That still blows my mind.

People are starting to bail on their orders. It's probably worth watching area dealers for available units. 

2 minutes ago, Ziemann said:

@Bontz

What's the latest guess-stimate on your sled's delivery?

The original sled that I ordered is 3/15-3/31. That still blows my mind.

People are starting to bail on their orders. It's probably worth watching area dealers for available units. 

No update on my sled ... not from Polaris, nor the sales guy I'm stuck dealing with.  Unless I can find a dealer who will offer up a fair price, as a snow check customer (which I kinda doubt), I'm just gonna roll with it.  If Polaris somehow tries to make it right with those of us who are still waiting, I'll consider whatever that may be ... but I'll believe that when I see it.

Just now, Bontz said:

No update on my sled ... not from Polaris, nor the sales guy I'm stuck dealing with.  Unless I can find a dealer who will offer up a fair price, as a snow check customer (which I kinda doubt), I'm just gonna roll with it.  If Polaris somehow tries to make it right with those of us who are still waiting, I'll consider whatever that may be ... but I'll believe that when I see it.

Test your dealer a little.  See if they would be able to find you a simular sled that someone backed out on at a different dealer and honor your price.  If not your not out anything and they may surprise you.

7 minutes ago, Doug said:

Test your dealer a little.  See if they would be able to find you a simular sled that someone backed out on at a different dealer and honor your price.  If not your not out anything and they may surprise you.

Funny you mention this ... I tried that angle a few weeks ago, hoping to figure something out before my annual guys trip weekend in mid January & the U.P. saddle bag trip they're on right now.  In the words of the sales guy I'm dealing with, "Nobody is doing dealer swaps, sorry."  I tried reaching out to another big name dealer that's nearby and basically was told the same thing.  I think if I were still doing business with my former dealer, he'd at least TRY.  

1 minute ago, Bontz said:

Funny you mention this ... I tried that angle a few weeks ago, hoping to figure something out before my annual guys trip weekend in mid January & the U.P. saddle bag trip they're on right now.  In the words of the sales guy I'm dealing with, "Nobody is doing dealer swaps, sorry."  I tried reaching out to another big name dealer that's nearby and basically was told the same thing.  I think if I were still doing business with my former dealer, he'd at least TRY.  

My dealer found a VR1 that he could have got from another dealer that they work with.  I choose to wait being I already have a VR1.

10 hours ago, racerdave said:

Bontz, you mentioned several time "former dealer", What happened to them?

My former dealer was one of the few remaining "small guys" in the area, and he was offered a deal too good to pass up last summer.  He sold/retired and his Polaris product line went up the road to a big box shop.  Had I known this was gonna happen, and my order was going to end up at this other dealership, I would have congratulated my former dealer and took my business somewhere else.

58 minutes ago, Bontz said:

My former dealer was one of the few remaining "small guys" in the area, and he was offered a deal too good to pass up last summer.  He sold/retired and his Polaris product line went up the road to a big box shop.  Had I known this was gonna happen, and my order was going to end up at this other dealership, I would have congratulated my former dealer and took my business somewhere else.

I sure miss dealing with Bob in pine island!Not many small guys left!!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, X2700 said:

I sure miss dealing with Bob in pine island!Not many small guys left!!

The outfit that replaced him is a lot like the outfit that replaced Bontz’s dealership.  I was pretty disappointed when I got back into snowmobiling and discovered that all of the old reliable dealerships from the 70’s and 80’s were gone and the ones left didn’t impress me at all.  I miss the small time dealers.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, p51mstg said:

The outfit that replaced him is a lot like the outfit that replaced Bontz’s dealership.  I was pretty disappointed when I got back into snowmobiling and discovered that all of the old reliable dealerships from the 70’s and 80’s were gone and the ones left didn’t impress me at all.  I miss the small time dealers.

That's the dilemma I'm stuck with now.  The closest thing I've got to that small, old reliable, dealership is a Cat dealership ... but I'm just not that interested in what Cat has to offer.  Two of my riding buddies used to go through Smitty's in Lake City and have since gone separate directions with their Polaris stuff.  One of them goes through NexGen in Clear Lake, WI and the other has started using Podein's in Stewartville.  I sure would prefer a closer dealer, but I'd sacrifice proximity for that old school, smaller type that knows your name & willing to take care of you.

All that said, I finally got the call this morning that my XCR is in (and it's not part of the Stop/Sale).  Hopefully I can get it home and studded before next weekend & get some seat time on it.  This weekend isn't going to happen, but at least I've got something to look forward to for next week/weekend.

• Like 5