Check your account email address ×

A billionaire's thoughts on the minimum wage

1 minute ago, ICEMAN! said:

How does that stupid comment address the subject of minimum wage?

Again,  you are free to take the lead anytime and pay people whatever  you want above min wage of course.   The more people are paid above it the less will be willing to work for less.   Make sense buttercup? 

4 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Again,  you are free to take the lead anytime and pay people whatever  you want above min wage of course.   The more people are paid above it the less will be willing to work for less.   Make sense buttercup? 

No, it doesn't make any fucking sense, meatpuppet. Sit the fuck down.

Just now, motonoggin said:

He's like a broken record

ONE MORE TIME FOR THE PEOPLE IN THE BACK:

YOU CANNOT FIX MACROECONOMIC PROBLEMS WITH MICROECONOMIC SOLUTIONS.

Of course not! You need the theft of other people's money:lol:

how lame and predictable of you. 

5 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Sorry but that makes no sense whatsoever.  Do you need a definition of what a minimum wage is?

Capitalists: I don't want to pay people more than market wages. The market rules all.

Iceman: I'm going to pay my small handful of employees above market wages because AC said I need to take the lead

Capitalists: OMG! Did you see that? Iceman is paying 5 employees above market rate! We better give all of our employees raises or we're fucked!

26 minutes ago, motonoggin said:

None of what you accuse me of makes one fucking shred of difference to the structural and systemic problems being discussed. 

Do as I say, not as I do liberals,, " I got mine,"  now let's steal from those other guys. :lol:

2 minutes ago, Sleepr2 said:

If by 'theft of other people's money', you mean 'workers having access to  and control over the full value of their production', then yes, that helps.

2 minutes ago, Sleepr2 said:

Do as I say, not as I do liberals,, " I got mine,"  now let's steal from those other guys. :lol:

Yes, I plan on being the only one left doing capitalism while the rest of the world does communism.

Sounds like a good plan. 👍

9 hours ago, ICEMAN! said:

Sorry but that makes no sense whatsoever.  Do you need a definition of what a minimum wage is?

Minimum wage is what people are paid to do the work you can train a monkey to do.  I believe all kids should work a pitiful min wage job to give them a swift kick in the ass to smarten the fuck up or this is what you will be doing for the rest of your miserable life.

Is that a good enough definition?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Minimum wage is what people are paid to do the work you can train a monkey to do.  I believe all kids should work a pitiful min wage job to give them a swift kick in the ass to smarten the fuck up or this is what you will be doing for the rest of your miserable life.

Is that a good enough definition?

I was gonna say Obama's job growth over the last eight.  But yours is good too. :lol:

Capitalism people....get used to it and work within the system to the best of your abilities.  All the rest of this is crap-house banter.  There is no other system that is more free or fair (or as fair as it can get).  I get that it is not perfect....I've taken my share of shit from undeserving fuckings too, but you learn, then move onward and upward...unless of course you didn't learn. 

Nick talks primarily about Seattle and setting the minimum wage there.  Do any of you know what the cost of living in Seattle really is?  It's about 50% above the rest of the country.  Is a higher minimum wage there justified?  ABSOLUTELY.  Did it allow people earning minimum wage to live better than people in nearby cities?  Well seeing as how most of the cost of living in most any desirable location is housing, and Seattle's housing is 60% higher than the Nat'l average, well...probably not.  Or really, no. But I don't know exactly if there is a rent control or what other options there are in Seattle for people to call home.  I guess if the majority of the recipients of a minimum wage increase wanted to live in a trailer or tent, then sure, a higher minimum wage would help them.  But it would have to be the majority.

Minimum wage quick notes: If anybody thinks raising the minimum wage countrywide is a plan for somehow raising up the poor or middle class, simply put, it is not.  That's not how a market economy works.  What would happen is jobs would start to disappear raising the prices of the existing goods and services making whatever little increase there was at the lower levels to be nil.  And what happens to the buying power of those that didn't get their wage increased?  Yep...they get less now too.  What do they do now? Well, most with skills would move out of the area to a place with a lower cost of living....because that is what companies are doing too.  Minimum wage increases have to be done selectively market by market.  Otherwise, we'd see epic collapses of regional economies........and guess who'd come to their rescue?  The Federal government!  But that wouldn't really rescue anybody, it'd just prolong the misery. We have cities like this all over the nation...mostly caused by situations of overly high pay for low level jobs (think unions).  But it'd sure be good for the Dems to get their votes from the unwitting masses.  Ahhhh.......and there it is.

I love all these billionaires and millionaires who have gotten all "self righteous" about the inequities of our system that has made them their money.  They have found another platform in which to spread their wealth for sure.  And from a distance, it sure seems justified.  I know as they were making their "bones", how incredibly different their thought process must have been. Well, just the process, their thoughts are still the same.  And if that process then was what it is now, well, none of us would be watching any of their videos.  We call these guys and girls "financial televangelists".  And a better name analogy would be tough to find. 

• Gold Member

California deficit trouble are in part from raising the minimum wage.  You raise the minimum wage you need to raise taxes on the bracket that this minimum wage falls into if you want the governments to continue to be funded at levels needed to provide all the services.

10 hours ago, Sleepr2 said:

Theft is paying people wages they cannot survive in. Forcing the govt to subsidize their income and other needs. "Hey as long as I don't have to pay for it!"

3 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

California deficit trouble are in part from raising the minimum wage.  You raise the minimum wage you need to raise taxes on the bracket that this minimum wage falls into if you want the governments to continue to be funded at levels needed to provide all the services.

No it's not. 

The problem with you meat heads is you think because you can use a calculator you know economics. Think back to the last time we had a demand based economy. What was different about that from now? I know... CALCULATOR!

1 minute ago, Anler said:

Theft is paying people wages they cannot survive in. Forcing the govt to subsidize their income and other needs. "Hey as long as I don't have to pay for it!"

And there's the truth.  When corporations like Walmart, like McDonalds, like Hardee's etc pay people a wage they can't live on, then the rest of the taxpayers are forced to pick up the slack when these people access social services like food stamps etc.  In essence, the taxpayer is subsidizing large corporations that make billions in profits.

Just now, ICEMAN! said:

And there's the truth.  When corporations like Walmart, like McDonalds, like Hardee's etc pay people a wage they can't live on, then the rest of the taxpayers are forced to pick up the slack when these people access social services like food stamps etc.  In essence, the taxpayer is subsidizing large corporations that make billions in profits.

McDonald's actually isn't a douchebag company like that. They do pay some of their employees well over mw and even offer benefits. Walmart is the devil. 

Just now, washedupmxer said:

I never thought mcdonalds cashiers and walmart greeter jobs were meant to be jobs you can raise a family with. Who knew! 

Nobody is saying you are going to get rich working at McDonalds, but you should be able to make rent in non-subsidized housing and buy food without relying on welfare.

1 minute ago, ICEMAN! said:

Nobody is saying you are going to get rich working at McDonalds, but you should be able to make rent in non-subsidized housing and buy food without relying on welfare.

No.  Or at least not really.  Not at any entry level position designed primarily for part time and high school workers.  

• Gold Member
2 minutes ago, Anler said:

That's just stupid and makes no sense. 

State workers in california wages are somewhat tied to minimum wage.  Raise the minimum wage the state workers get a big bump in pay increasing government spending. $15 minimum wage doesn't bring workers out of poverty.  Its not high enough to do that.  So when you take say $10k out of the millionaires business owners profit that now has to pay that 10k to his minimum wage worker the state gets less taxes due to tax brackets and what they pay.  State gets alot more of that 10k when a millionaire has it due to the higher tax bracket of that millionaire.  That 10k going to the mw worker isn't going to be taxed at a very high rate.