Check your account email address ×

A billionaire's thoughts on the minimum wage

6 minutes ago, washedupmxer said:

I never thought mcdonalds cashiers and walmart greeter jobs were meant to be jobs you can raise a family with. Who knew! 

It's not just Walmart and McDonald's dude. In some areas of the country $10/ he is max pay most anywhere. And you are totally missing the point. I'm sure that billionaire is just some liberal blowhard tho...

Just now, ICEMAN! said:

Nobody is saying you are going to get rich working at McDonalds, but you should be able to make rent in non-subsidized housing and buy food without relying on welfare.

The left will never let welfare be or subsidies be taken therefor the wage wont change. mcdonalds was never meant to be a career, can we agree on that? furthermore if people actually stayed at a store more than 5 years, worked hard and showed up on time theyd be creeping up to minimum plus 70% . But im sure you knew that 

masked trash can burning sissies will not fix this! 

3 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

State workers in california wages are somewhat tied to minimum wage.  Raise the minimum wage the state workers get a big bump in pay increasing government spending. $15 minimum wage doesn't bring workers out of poverty.  Its not high enough to do that.  So when you take say $10k out of the millionaires business owners profit that now has to pay that 10k to his minimum wage worker the state gets less taxes due to tax brackets and what they pay.  State gets alot more of that 10k when a millionaire has it due to the higher tax bracket of that millionaire.  That 10k going to the mw worker isn't going to be taxed at a very high rate.  

Raising wages absolutely brings wages out of poverty. That's how economics works. Right now 1 in 3 Californians are on Medicaid. That means poverty...

1 minute ago, Anler said:

It's not just Walmart and McDonald's dude. In some areas of the country $10/ he is max pay most anywhere. And you are totally missing the point. I'm sure that billionaire is just some liberal blowhard tho...

what do you mean $10 is the max? Link it 

Are you saying mcdonalds doesnt give raises? they have caps? 

1 minute ago, washedupmxer said:

The left will never let welfare be or subsidies be taken therefor the wage wont change. mcdonalds was never meant to be a career, can we agree on that? furthermore if people actually stayed at a store more than 5 years, worked hard and showed up on time theyd be creeping up to minimum plus 70% . But im sure you knew that 

Lots of people make careers at McDonald's. You don't know what the fuck you're talking about. 

Why do you feel the need to defend a system that benefits billionaires to your and your countries detriment? 

• Like 1

• Gold Member
1 minute ago, Anler said:

Raising wages absolutely brings wages out of poverty. That's how economics works. Right now 1 in 3 Californians are on Medicaid. That means poverty...

Raising from $10 to $15 minimum wage doesn't bring anybody out of poverty in California............  

1 minute ago, ICEMAN! said:

Why do you feel the need to defend a system that benefits billionaires to your and your countries detriment? 

Im not defending the system, im simply stating setting a minimum for low talent entry level jobs isnt fair to anyone 

id rather see a maximum :lol:

what do you mean $10 is the max? Link it 

Are you saying mcdonalds doesnt give raises? they have caps? 

Dude shut the fuck up. Do you ever talk to anyone outside of your little bubble? Ever travel around the country?  Shit you only need to get 60 miles out of Chicago and manufacturing jobs don't pay much north of $12. Go 200 miles south and prevailing wages for most trades is still in the $20's. In areas of Tennessee prevailing wage IS $12

2 minutes ago, washedupmxer said:

Lets just say you get $15 an hour minimum across the country. What happens to the people who've busted ass for 5 year to get to $14? Fuck em? 

Ummmm lol

What kind of question is this?

• Like 1

Just now, washedupmxer said:

and after 5 years at  a store do they make minimum? think before you answer 

5?  Shit, they start at $11 here and I'm in a medium size town with fairly low cost of living. My daughter's friend works at one and has been there three years.  She's around $14/hr now.   Nobody wants to pay any dues anymore.  They all wanna flip from one burger joint to another at the same $25/hr wage.

Idiots.

Im not defending the system, im simply stating setting a minimum for low talent entry level jobs isnt fair to anyone 

id rather see a maximum :lol:

Of course you're defending the system.

I guess you like seeing your tax dollars benefit corporations that made billions in profit last year.

:lmao:

1 minute ago, ICEMAN! said:

Ummmm lol

What kind of question is this?

im gonna guess one you cant answer :lol:

Its simple, employee A started at 9$ an hour busted ass, showed up on time, never called in sick and 5 years later makes $15. 

After $15 minimum wage gets passed employee B starts the same job at $15 for doing nothing except showing up on day 1. Whats then fair for employee A?

Is that really that difficult for you? 

2 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

5?  Shit, they start at $11 here and I'm in a medium size town with fairly low cost of living. My daughter's friend works at one and has been there three years.  She's around $14/hr now.   Nobody wants to pay any dues anymore.  They all wanna flip from one burger joint to another at the same $25/hr wage.

Idiots.

you wont read than in left leaning msm so it cant be true!!!!!!!!

20 minutes ago, ICEMAN! said:

Nobody is saying you are going to get rich working at McDonalds, but you should be able to make rent in non-subsidized housing and buy food without relying on welfare.

Work a second job just like people did 40 years ago when they had to use bootstraps not bitch that the government and the employer doesn't give them enough. Amazes me how few clients these days I see with 2 jobs if they aren't making big money. 25 years ago it was commonplace and there is always part time jobs available here. Hell my kids each work 2 making at least 10 hr

14 minutes ago, washedupmxer said:

Lets just say you get $15 an hour minimum across the country. What happens to the people who've busted ass for 5 year to get to $14? Fuck em? 

They get a dollar raise you dumb fuck!

Just now, Angry ginger said:

Work a second job just like people did 40 years ago when they had to use bootstraps not bitch that the government and the employer doesn't give them enough. Amazes me how few clients these days I see with 2 jobs if they aren't making big money. 25 years ago it was commonplace and there is always part time jobs available here. Hell my kids each work 2 making at least 10 hr

my wife has 2 jobs and bootstraps

she doesn't cry about it either...... 

12 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Idiots.

So $15 doesn't sound unreasonable. Thanks for playing... :bc:

7 minutes ago, washedupmxer said:

you wont read than in left leaning msm so it cant be true!!!!!!!!

She's going into a management program as soon as she turns 18 (next year).  I think her pay will jump to $30k from what I heard.  But, all the losers shes seen come and go should get that as soon as they fill out their application.

And by the way...if you are in your mid 20's, or have a family, and your "resume" is an application you fill in on site.  Well, here's your sign....and the pay that goes with it.

• Like 1