Check your account email address ×

A billionaire's thoughts on the minimum wage

2 minutes ago, Anler said:

Well they don't do it by outsourcing labor and customer service to other countries.

They don't do it by inverting their corporate profits to minimize their tax liability.

They don't do it by hiring full time workers as "contractors" to avoid paying health insurance, payroll taxes and workers comp insurance.

They don't do it by extorting states to give them exemptions or waivers on their property taxes by threatening to move.

They don't do it by lobbying congress for special tax exemption or even govt subsidies.

They don't do it by using all of the us taxpayer funded infrastructure to facilitate  their operations while refusing to contribute to the funding of said infrastructure. 

Etc...

:owned:

4 minutes ago, Anler said:

Well they don't do it by outsourcing labor and customer service to other countries.

They don't do it by inverting their corporate profits to minimize their tax liability.

They don't do it by hiring full time workers as "contractors" to avoid paying health insurance, payroll taxes and workers comp insurance.

They don't do it by extorting states to give them exemptions or waivers on their property taxes by threatening to move.

They don't do it by lobbying congress for special tax exemption or even govt subsidies.

They don't do it by using all of the us taxpayer funded infrastructure to facilitate  their operations while refusing to contribute to the funding of said infrastructure. 

Etc...

So does the majority or minority of companies in this country participate in that?  

Do you personally feel underpaid and a slave to your job?

The problem with emotional reactionary people like doto is the look at the top 5% companies and the say all companies.  All companies must be bad because of what a few do. So the entire system must go down because of the top 5%

6 minutes ago, washedupmxer said:

So does the majority or minority of companies in this country participate in that?  

The problem with emotional reactionary people like doto is the look at the top 5% companies and the say all companies.  All companies must be bad because of what a few do. So the entire system must go down because of the top 5%

The entire system is owned by the 5%. The game is rigged against the little guy as to not become a threat to the big guys. 

Edited by Anler

1 minute ago, Anler said:

The entire system is owned by the 5%. The game is rigged against the little guy as to not become a threat to the big guys. 

Do you really worry about that? Don't you know a bunch of guys who've come from little and are now highly successful? 

While I certainly agree there are issues with huge corporations and how they conduct themselves that doesn't mean you can't find success and happiness in this country. 

It's not for everyone that's for sure. It's not easy and requires a lot of hard work and some people aren't cut out for that. 

If you aren't willing to work for success you can't complain about not having it.

5 minutes ago, washedupmxer said:

Do you really worry about that? Don't you know a bunch of guys who've come from little and are now highly successful? 

While I certainly agree there are issues with huge corporations and how they conduct themselves that doesn't mean you can't find success and happiness in this country. 

It's not for everyone that's for sure. It's not easy and requires a lot of hard work and some people aren't cut out for that. 

If you aren't willing to work for success you can't complain about not having it.

I agree with that. Now what does that have to do with our $20 trillion dollar debt and trade deficits?

25 minutes ago, washedupmxer said:

No, I look at macroeconomic indicators.

wage-stagnation_1.png

1 minute ago, washedupmxer said:

My argument was never that's not a problem.  So maybe you have the wrong guy...

Not really. The 5% as you call them are getting obscenely rich while not contributing. And we are getting stuck with the bills. So because I have a good job and work hard I should just shut up about it?

13 minutes ago, motonoggin said:

No, I look at macroeconomic indicators.

wage-stagnation_1.png

What graph is going to get you first? This one or mmgw?

11 minutes ago, Anler said:

Not really. The 5% as you call them are getting obscenely rich while not contributing. And we are getting stuck with the bills. So because I have a good job and work hard I should just shut up about it?

By all means do something I wish you luck.

3 hours ago, ICEMAN! said:

Production and productivity has gone through the roof over the last several decades but workers wages have remained stagnant.  

So much for tickled on economics.

Feel free to pay people more anytime.

7 minutes ago, washedupmxer said:

What graph is going to get you first? This one or mmgw?

By all means do something I wish you luck.

Why not both?

4 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Feel free to pay people more anytime.

as if doing it onesy twosey is going to make a fucking difference. :lol:

It has to be a structural change. 

53 minutes ago, Anler said:

Etc...

You know the customer service we get from those countries we want to condemn is actually pretty good.  Have a dispute with an American serviced company that is basically pulling an ostrich, that is part of there demise.

It must be nice when you are all quoting jobs with the same union labour rates and benefits, how the rest of us can compete providing global services where that has little bearing must be a mystery when contracts are awarded.

6 minutes ago, motonoggin said:

Why not both?

as if doing it onesy twosey is going to make a fucking difference. :lol:

It has to be a structural change. 

So you are not paying people more cause you don't think it will not make a difference?  You are waiting til they can demand more for their slave labour?

Nothing stopping you except yourself right?

38 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

So you are not paying people more cause you don't think it will not make a difference?  You are waiting til they can demand more for their slave labour?

Nothing stopping you except yourself right?

We pay well above market rates and have been for a couple years now, yet aggregate wages have remained stagnant. 

Weird. I wonder why it hasn't helped.

5 hours ago, ICEMAN! said:

I fully expect all the resident billionaires here to disagree.

:lmao:

Don't have to be a billionaire to have ethics and principles 

4 hours ago, Mainecat said:

Its all in the history books.

Shut the fuck up you pathetic Liar 

12 minutes ago, motonoggin said:

We pay well above market rates and have been for a couple years now, yet aggregate wages have remained stagnant. 

Weird. I wonder why it hasn't helped.

Above?   Why not share the whole enchilada as you seem to care for? 

6 minutes ago, Sleepr2 said:

Don't have to be a billionaire to have ethics and principles 

Shut the fuck up you pathetic Liar 

True, but billionaires are the richest so they also must be the most ethical and principled.

After all, everyone knows you can't get rich without being ethical and principled.

AMIRITE?

1 minute ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Above?   Why not share the whole enchilada as you seem to care for? 

Wtf are you still on this for? 

I told you it's pretty much run like a co op, and we plan on expanding that model. 

Do you understand how one business paying like 6 people more than normal is like a fucking fart in a windstorm? 

The problem is structural and systemic. Do you understand what that means? 

4 hours ago, ICEMAN! said:

Production and productivity has gone through the roof over the last several decades but workers wages have remained stagnant.  

So much for tickled on economics.

Perhaps you could do better for yourself if you focussed more on the gay community. that would mean you would have to stop pretending to have a family and come out of the closet.

5 minutes ago, motonoggin said:

I told you it's pretty much run like a co op, and we plan on expanding that model. 

Do you understand how one business paying like 6 people more than normal is like a fucking fart in a windstorm? 

Why am I still on it?   Like you can give it a rest.  I am glad you have convinced yourself  you are all equal.   Lol. 

13 minutes ago, motonoggin said:

Yeah, after you got your "proportional "slice of the pie:lol:

face it Moto ,you took the majority, gave a bit to your like minded drones and now consider yourself benevolent  :lol:

35 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Why am I still on it?   Like you can give it a rest.  I am glad you have convinced yourself  you are all equal.   Lol. 

26 minutes ago, Sleepr2 said:

Yeah, after you got your "proportional "slice of the pie:lol:

face it Moto ,you took the majority, gave a bit to your like minded drones and now consider yourself benevolent  :lol:

None of what you accuse me of makes one fucking shred of difference to the structural and systemic problems being discussed. 

8 minutes ago, motonoggin said:

None of what you accuse me of makes one fucking shred of difference to the structural and systemic problems being discussed. 

But the revolution starts small and then grows.   Where are we at in the grand scheme?