Check your account email address ×

New Cat 800

Rw06GT

It's been in the testing booth for two years.  If it has the same reliability as their ctec.  Cat is back on top of the engine game.  Well, not like they ever really weren't.  But I, like most, will still take that "dirty" Zook.  Poorly fitted tinfoil piston slap come with the Poo. And Doo well, crank run-out is a slippery thing, mine was just barely in spec when I got rid of it.....not sure how the new 850's will do, but that extra 50 was for a new and larger oil injection system, the 850cc is BIGGER than the 800 for the wankers.

:lol:

3 minutes ago, Dave said:

Welcome to 2010... :lol:

DId you get the adjustable carbides for the new Doo?  HEY...maybe a windshield wiper package for 2018!  Or adjustable lug heights?  Let's not jinx it though. :lol:

:groin:

3 minutes ago, Edmo said:

The grey is ghey. Hope it looks better on the snow.

It actually does.  At first I was like "nope", then I saw it on the track....and it grew on me.  I am not a fan of the neon green though.  I'd paint all that black.  Grey and black?  now that'd be nice.

2017 cat sno-x.JPG

1 hour ago, Zambroski said:

It's been in the testing booth for two years.  If it has the same reliability as their ctec.  Cat is back on top of the engine game.  Well, not like they ever really weren't.  But I, like most, will still take that "dirty" Zook.  Poorly fitted tinfoil piston slap come with the Poo. And Doo well, crank run-out is a slippery thing, mine was just barely in spec when I got rid of it.....not sure how the new 850's will do, but that extra 50 was for a new and larger oil injection system, the 850cc is BIGGER than the 800 for the wankers.

:lol:

Etec is still the standard in 2 stroke tech... But welcome to 2003 with your SDI 800... :lol:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, racinfarmer said:

Still trying to figure out where 850 CTEC came from.  

It came from ac hopefuls who have been begging for a modern 800 2 stroke and anticipating the 2018 ctec only to have skidoo raise the bar again with the etec 2 850... 

"Can't wait until Arctic cat comes out with their 850 SDI! That'll show skidoo!" :lol:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, f7ben said:

I have 750 miles on the poo now , I am simply blown away how good it is. I doubt cat could make anything that gets close anywhere. 

Did you get a look at that all new chassis surrounding that new 800 ctec? Me neither...lol

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Anler said:

Etec is still the standard in 2 stroke tech... But welcome to 2003 with your SDI 800... :lol:

Ewwwww.....somebody needs to "bone up" on engine tech and history.  Check for study material in your fucking saddle bags!   :lmao:

5 minutes ago, f7ben said:

I have 750 miles on the poo now , I am simply blown away how good it is. I doubt cat could make anything that gets close anywhere. 

Outstanding!  You been pricing the Poo "durability kits" yet?  Don't wait too long.  

:stirthepot:

Just now, Zambroski said:

Outstanding!  You been pricing the Poo "durability kits" yet?  Don't wait too long.  

:stirthepot:

I'm installing a Billet SSI head right now and just checked compression. 17xx miles on the sled and 120 pto 119 mag. She runs hard but I am more impressed with the chassis than anything

6 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Ewwwww.....somebody needs to "bone up" on engine tech and history.  Check for study material in your fucking saddle bags!   :lmao:

Oh if those Arctic cats were so advanced why bother improving them with 13 year old tech? :news:

Oh wait I thing Bussmann told me they had a prototype in 1979 with DI... 

giphy.gif

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, f7ben said:

I'm installing a Billet SSI head right now and just checked compression. 17xx miles on the sled and 120 pto 119 mag. She runs hard but I am more impressed with the chassis than anything

I agree, it's pretty bad ass. 

Hey zambroni, with these bad winters and cats old tech they aren't going to be around much longer. You should get with the A team before you go down with the ship and your 15 year old engine tech is worthless... :news:

5 minutes ago, Anler said:

I agree, it's pretty bad ass. 

I have the suspension dialed as good as its going to get for me at this point and its very good. I still think the r-motion felt a little more plush but its close. I was hammering the grade at the end of the day and 75 over the top of the whoops was a breeze.....it just flat out works well. Riding the trail and pushing it hard was a joy. Impossible to get a ski to lift if you are up on the front of the sled. I'm sold on it ....if it wasnt as good as it is it would be gone already and I'd probably be on an 850

4 minutes ago, Anler said:

Hey zambroni, with these bad winters and cats old tech they aren't going to be around much longer. You should get with the A team before you go down with the ship and your 15 year old engine  tech is worthless... :news:

hopefully the cat motor is a winner and then hopefully they can build a chassis that can compete ......that would be good for everyone. I wont hold my breath though