Check your account email address ×

they can't keep an 800 EPA motor in tune or together, so let's go 900 ???

2 hours ago, Ez ryder said:

I loved my old zr900 with a black magic 1010 on spray.  My cuz still has it like 4kmi and a lot if those 1000ft at a time 

Still original bottem end albeit a pined and welded one lol think it on its 4th top 

I still have my 900, it's still a beast too.  So much raw grunt in that thing.

As for the op slinging mud, cats 800 is better than the other 800's

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mnstang said:

I still have my 900, it's still a beast too.  So much raw grunt in that thing.

As for the op slinging mud, cats 800 is better than the other 800's

The Suzuki 800 is ... I'd concede to that claim.  But no, the c-tec is not better than any other brand's out there.

2 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

:lol:

Stop it.

Since Cat has been welcomed into the world of EPA compliance, their 800 class sled is just as shitty as the Polaris and SkiDoo competition.  Fact.  You can laugh all you want, homer.  

Just now, Bontz said:

Since Cat has been welcomed into the world of EPA compliance, their 800 class sled is just as shitty as the Polaris and SkiDoo competition.  Fact.  You can laugh all you want, homer.  

No.

1.) Still Cat

2) And has done worlds better, DOO

3,) Poo.  Same.

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Deephaven said:

So you are implying Z that this is the year they finally figure out the Ctec 800 and make it run right?

No, no they haven’t. Allegedly, they make anyone who doesn’t want their shit to blow up, pay for a software fix that will keep that from happening. I’d like to see some performance testing of a before and after that flash. 

30 minutes ago, Deephaven said:

So you are implying Z that this is the year they finally figure out the Ctec 800 and make it run right?

Not implying that at all.  I’m SAYING the ctec is more reliable than the other two.  That’s it.  I don’t know what “runs the best”.  Fact is, one that is running less than optimum is going to be more reliable.  Ie, a 8/850 pushing 145 hp is going to last longer than one pushing 165.  If you want an new 8/50 class sled that is 165 out of the box, be prepared for puston swapping early….or warranty work if you are inept.

6 minutes ago, SayatodaU.P.eh? said:

No, no they haven’t. Allegedly, they make anyone who doesn’t want their shit to blow up, pay for a software fix that will keep that from happening. I’d like to see some performance testing of a before and after that flash. 

Huh?

The ctec is pretty reliable and it runs very strong.  I don't care about dynos, they run good with real nice powerband and good pull for riding.  Pretty sure the ctec even beat the Polaris 840 in a shoot out. 

9 minutes ago, mnstang said:

The ctec is pretty reliable and it runs very strong.  I don't care about dynos, they run good with real nice powerband and good pull for riding.  Pretty sure the ctec even beat the Polaris 840 in a shoot out. 

The great thing about riding a child’s 600 sled is, if I’m ever passed on the trail by any of those hyper 850 class sleds, I can always just say it’s because of the engine size.

That’s what I plan to do anyway….if it ever happens.  Then figure out how I got on a lake or fucking gay ass railbed trail.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

The great thing about riding a child’s 600 sled is, if I’m ever passed on the trail by any of those hyper 850 class sleds, I can always just say it’s because of the engine size.

That’s what I plan to do anyway….if it ever happens.  Then figure out how I got on a lake or fucking gay ass railbed trail.

That's also the great thing about riding a 440 fan!  They're not going to like hearing that 😄

8 minutes ago, Deephaven said:

By running right I was implying staying together, not crossing a pond.  We know they are 5 hp down if not more, but they haven't been staying together better than the rest either.

Staaaapppphhhhh it. These Cat guys are short on Krom posts and links to fight back. 

1 hour ago, Zambroski said:

Not implying that at all.  I’m SAYING the ctec is more reliable than the other two.  That’s it.  I don’t know what “runs the best”.  Fact is, one that is running less than optimum is going to be more reliable.  Ie, a 8/850 pushing 145 hp is going to last longer than one pushing 165.  If you want an new 8/50 class sled that is 165 out of the box, be prepared for puston swapping early….or warranty work if you are inept.

Huh?

Huh? Don’t Textron have a reflash out for C-Tec durability issues? 

24 minutes ago, Deephaven said:

By running right I was implying staying together, not crossing a pond.  We know they are 5 hp down if not more, but they haven't been staying together better than the rest either.

That’s not true.

14 minutes ago, SayatodaU.P.eh? said:

Huh? Don’t Textron have a reflash out for C-Tec durability issues? 

That doesn’t change my point.

1.) Cat

2.) Doo

3.) Poo

The intellectual dishonesty (deniers) has always been high with Poo guys though.

4 minutes ago, Deephaven said:

And they wiped the 1st year out of existence pretty much.  Good luck getting parts for that in 10 years.

Like what parts?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ez ryder said:

Is Polaris even getting 850s to dealers floors with out needing a new motor this yr , 

Screenshot_20211004-204337_Messages.jpg

This is going to be an interesting year with parts shortages at record highs.  If your shit goes down….and you are waiting on dealer parts, start looking for a boat.  Your sledding season is over.

• Like 1

Just now, Zambroski said:

This is going to be an interesting year with parts shortages at record highs.  If your shit goes down….and you are waiting on dealer parts, start looking for a boat.  Your sledding season is over.

P I learned the have to have 2 lesson back in the early 90s lol . Most call them the wife sled 

• Like 2