Check your account email address ×

Happy Thanksgiving

53 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Gonna finish off the day with another hot slice of cherry pie and some vanilla ice cream.  Whew!  I did myself proud.  I know this because my daughter called me a glutton today.  WINNING!!!!!!

So was that before or after you sat on the couch Bundy style 

Screenshot_20211125-201322_Chrome.jpg

• Haha 1

Well I did not over eat today. Ate a small portion of everything. I got Covid and was fairly sick this week, but last night I started feeling a little better. But another symptom showed up today, I lost my sense of MOTHERFUCKIN TASTE on Turkey day!!!  

Saw no sense in pigging out if I cant taste it.

FAWK ME!!!        Hope it comes back soon so I can devour leftovers at least.

I guess I should be thankful the China Flu didnt do me in. 

Happy Thanksgiving!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

8 hours ago, Legend said:

Well I did not over eat today. Ate a small portion of everything. I got Covid and was fairly sick this week, but last night I started feeling a little better. But another symptom showed up today, I lost my sense of MOTHERFUCKIN TASTE on Turkey day!!!  

Saw no sense in pigging out if I cant taste it.

FAWK ME!!!        Hope it comes back soon so I can devour leftovers at least.

I guess I should be thankful the China Flu didnt do me in. 

Happy Thanksgiving!

Same thing here. No smell and little taste along with feeling like crap.

4 hours ago, Zambroski said:

Wife just decided prime rib for xmas also.  I won't argue.  

We’ve been doing it for both holidays for a long time now. Best decision ever ! But, i never really liked turkey much.

Edited by CFM

1 hour ago, CFM said:

We’ve been doing it for both holidays for a long time now. Best decision ever ! But, i never really liked turkey much.

Turkey and the normal thanksgiving meal is by far the worst holiday meal of the year always IMO.  Nothing special about it, not sure why we'd eat that on a holiday.  

Rest if our mesl is usually great.

You guys just need yo get on a better tday food program. Lol. Ie: what ever you guys really like.

Right now eating some keft over baked stuff shrimp. :)

Edited by CFM

9 hours ago, CFM said:

8 hours ago, Deephaven said:

Turkey and the normal thanksgiving meal is by far the worst holiday meal of the year always IMO.  Nothing special about it, not sure why we'd eat that on a holiday.  

We've skipped around a lot over the years but, decided a traditional turkey meal was the best.  Nothing else felt like thanksgiving.  Not that we are "traditionalists" but, the big turkey, stuffing, gravy, GB cass, etc, is just best on that day and the leftovers are spectacular!

• Like 2

11 hours ago, CFM said:

Rest if our mesl is usually great.

You guys just need yo get on a better tday food program. Lol. Ie: what ever you guys really like.

Right now eating some keft over baked stuff shrimp. :)

Quality of the food isn't the problem.  Just the fact that turkey sides are boring....besides the gravy anyways.  For other holidays I get carte blanche to throw down.  The last Christmas before the lockdown I made 17 courses.  That was too much as it was a ram packed 4+ hours of cooking and hundreds of dirty plates.  Going to stick with a dozen or so from here on out.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Started my white turkey chili this morning.  Mmmmmmm.

Another traditional Thanksgiving...thanks giving!!!!

Anybody making white prime rib/other chili?  No?

White chili?  What kind of pussy shit is that.  The whole idea of chili is the that main ingredient are chiles.  If you are just making a runny queso with mild green peppers and some dry turkey you might as well just thicken it up and actually make a meaty queso.  

3 minutes ago, Deephaven said:

White chili?  What kind of pussy shit is that.  The whole idea of chili is the that main ingredient are chiles.  If you are just making a runny queso with mild green peppers and some dry turkey you might as well just thicken it up and actually make a meaty queso.  

Are you drunk already?  Get your head right!

Possibly.  Last night was big....but I love hot stuff.  There are at least 25 varieties of chile in my house right now.  I make a mean chili and a mean queso.  No need to combine them and a domestic turkey is the worst of all edible birds.  If you shot your own tday turkey then my hats off to you.