Check your account email address ×

Still Waiting....

1 minute ago, spin_dry said:

Van arrives Monday. Vacating my home Saturday. Then I’m gone. Be back here in three years. Maybe.  :) 

I certainly cannot speak for everyone but I’ll miss you.  You are leaving squidbrain MC alone to speak for the liberals.  You and I both know that’s not what is needed.

16 hours ago, Zambroski said:

I certainly cannot speak for everyone but I’ll miss you.  You are leaving squidbrain MC alone to speak for the liberals.  You and I both know that’s not what is needed.

This place will become a GOP echo chamber. Yikes!!  It’ll make life a lot simpler for racer. :lol: 

I’m looking forward to getting the last of my stuff into storage. Found a decent heated storage unit just south of town. Enough room for tools, furniture, and the utility trailer. It’s kind of strange letting the house go and moving into a van. There’s a lot of stuff that I took for granted. Like having an address for packages and mail. A few details to overcome, but nothing that’s unsolvable. About the only destination I have planned is Alaska in the spring. I’ve never been there. Probably spend the summer up there. Cool stuff. I love the open road. 

• Like 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
4 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

This place will become a GOP echo chamber. Yikes!!  It’ll make life a lot simpler for racer. :lol: 

I’m looking forward to getting the last of my stuff into storage. Found a decent heated storage unit just south of town. Enough room for tools, furniture, and the utility trailer. It’s kind of strange letting the house go and moving into a van. There’s a lot of stuff that I took for granted. Like having an address for packages and mail. A few details to overcome, but nothing that’s unsolvable. About the only destination I have planned is Alaska in the spring. I’ve never been there. Probably spend the summer up there. Cool stuff. I love the open road. 

Wish you well in your adventures.   Sounds like it will be tons of fun.  :bc:  Wife and I are looking forward to traveling the country by some type of vehicle in the future. 

Edited by Highmark

4 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

“Echo chambers” tend to be protected from speech other than what is acceptable to the moderators/owners.  Free speech areas are hard to call echo chambers, IMO.  If one cannot argue and debate his thoughts successfully, they endure the inevitable.

Yeah, it’ll be an experience.  It’s be fun for a while for me…but I think Id wanna putt down roots somewhere…maybe a couple places.

27 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

That sounds cool.  Alaska might not want your kind though.:lol:

• Haha 1

• Gold Member
23 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

Cant you get some WiFi going in that Creep Jeep so we can contine the onslaught? :groin:

Come on Spinner im gonna miss your BS...MC is far too boring to be the only old Liberal here. I guess we got @akvanden to bitch in your place as well. 😂

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, EvilBird said:

Cant you get some WiFi going in that Creep Jeep so we can contine the onslaught? :groin:

Come on Spinner im gonna miss your BS...MC is far too boring to be the only old Liberal here. I guess we got @akvanden to bitch in your place as well. 😂

@akvanden will bridge the gap, no worries.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

49 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

You’re the smartest petson you know. You’ll be fine. 
lololololol

1 hour ago, Highmark said:

Wish you well in your adventures.   Sounds like it will be tons of fun.  :bc:  Wife and I are looking forward to traveling the country by some type of vehicle in the future. 

Motorhome for me and my wife...I bought a used one 2 months ago. Gas at $6.00 gallon getting 8 miles to the gallon...living the American Dream.....

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, EvilBird said:

I want to drop off the grid. Literally. I thought about an internet weeboost for the rig, but changed my mind. The idea of living how I did in the “80’s and “90’s pre-internet is what I want to do. Fishing, camping, hunting, and spending a lot of time outdoors without the distraction of a computer. I did invest in a satellite phone/locator in the event of an emergency. I have no property taxes, water bill, electrical, or home maintenance. The only bills I have are fuel, rig maintenance, cell/satellite phone, storage unit, and food. Maybe the occasional hotel room and rv park fee.  

• Like 3

• Gold Member
8 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

I want to drop off the grid. Literally. I thought about an internet weeboost for the rig, but changed my mind. The idea of living how I did in the “80’s and “90’s pre-internet is what I want to do. Fishing, camping, hunting, and spending a lot of time outdoors without the distraction of a computer. I did invest in a satellite phone/locator in the event of an emergency. I have no property taxes, water bill, electrical, or home maintenance. The only bills I have are fuel, rig maintenance, cell/satellite phone, storage unit, and food. Maybe the occasional hotel room and rv park fee.  

I get that and dont blame you. That sounds ideal honestly. 

My Wife and I talk about going off grid when we retire and just traveling.  Lots to see in North America. And without a home to hold you down the experiences can be endless. 👍

26 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

Yep...drop off.  I'd do it too.  Internet for information and ease of living is good but the growth of social media is the number one reason for the increase in sadness and depression worldwide.

Truth is, we'd all be happier without it.

• Like 1

On 11/10/2021 at 9:34 AM, Zambroski said:

When are Biden's door to door community activists and educators going to knock on my door to help convince me to get vaccinated for my own good?  Did they just decide to skip my home?

LOL.....I bet they ran short on that specific type of brave applicants.  :lol: 

We’re doing it remotely now.  Pls get vaxyn8ted!!!111

43 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

Good idea to keep in touch with someone every few days.   It would suck if you died in there and no one found you for weeks or months. 

25 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Yep...drop off.  I'd do it too.  Internet for information and ease of living is good but the growth of social media is the number one reason for the increase in sadness and depression worldwide.

Truth is, we'd all be happier without it.

I was watching the old Woodstock documentary a while ago. Those were some happy hippies. Everyone interacting, smiling, fucking. No cell phones. 

48 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

It’s more sad when someone dies and the human vultures arrive. 

Yup.   When my next door neighbor died he had all kinds of family. Prior to that , I  never saw any of them . He spent every day and holidays with us. They ripped through that house grabbing anything they thought was of value, trampling over stuff he cared about but held no monetary value. When they were done, they said help yourself, we are throwing all this in dumpster.  I took an old rusty tool box that was high on a shelf.  The box was filled with old coins.  Helped pay for my daughters college education.  

1 hour ago, spin_dry said:

It’s more sad when someone dies and the human vultures arrive. 

yup.   seen it many times.   I am lad my wife and her brother were on the same page and I am an only child.  My father and uncle have not talked in a decade plus over some shit that went down.  

My cousins are sucking up huge to my aunt whose got no kids and is sick looking for $.   I don't like people enough to put that kind of fake effort in.   Supposedly they have only their names on the will now and IDGAF.