Check your account email address ×

Still Waiting....

2 hours ago, Cold War said:

Good idea to keep in touch with someone every few days.   It would suck if you died in there and no one found you for weeks or months. 

Yup, and give someone access to your location through Google Maps so your GPS location is tracked when on wifi or in cell coverage.  If something happened at least they would know where to start looking.

4 hours ago, spin_dry said:

I was watching the old Woodstock documentary a while ago. Those were some happy hippies. Everyone interacting, smiling, fucking. No cell phones. 

Humans are a social creature.  Trying to fill that void without actual personal interaction leads to frustration and depression.  Especially when one’s online persona becomes their life as they pretend it to be….but know that’s not really them.  It’s a lie and a personal hell they must deal with daily.  I’ve seen the amount of people that can’t make eye contact grow incrementally over the last ten years.

Sad.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• Gold Member
7 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Humans are a social creature.  Trying to fill that void without actual personal interaction leads to frustration and depression.  Especially when one’s online persona becomes their life as they pretend it to be….but know that’s not really them.  It’s a lie and a personal hell they must deal with daily.  I’ve seen the amount of people that can’t make eye contact grow incrementally over the last ten years.

Sad.

Aint that the truth....guys stop by and Ill be trying to talk to these so called friends and half the time they are fucking with their phone....its like dude why did u come over just to smoke my weed and drink my beers. Fuck off. Id rather talk to myself at that point. 

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, EvilBird said:

Aint that the truth....guys stop by and Ill be trying to talk to these so called friends and half the time they are fucking with their phone....its like dude why did u come over just to smoke my weed and drink my beers. Fuck off. Id rather talk to myself at that point. 

We haven’t even seen the full social implications of these “screener warriors” yet but, we are sure starting to.  

I think the internet is one of the greatest inventions of mankind.

Un-godly information available on-line

Incredible news availability

Knowledge of crime and violence NATION-WIDE, and the exposure of black on white crime.

Big fukkin deal, some people have some problems with social media. Fuck that, the NET is worth fighting and dying for. 

If the government shuts down the NET, we will be absolutely clueless in times of strife.

When the Boston Bombers hit, cell-phones were shut down, but I don't know if the NET was. 

Net And Cell phones are greatest things going. 

Without communication, you are dead in a civil strife situation. 

4 hours ago, Zambroski said:

Sad.

I agree.