Check your account email address ×

Roads, transit, internet: What’s in the infrastructure bill

1 minute ago, akvanden said:

Not passive - people like to attack the outcome rather than the process, which becomes a never ending cycle. The process is the part that sucks. Lobbyist suck, no term limits suck - the unnatural outcomes from just those two items suck.

With that said, do you think the entire thing is bill is a joke, or are there only certain parts of it you don’t like?

I stated what I didn’t like.  The process yields the result.  Not sure why that seems confusing to some.  DC is corrupt to the core.

”For the greater good”.

1 minute ago, Mainecat said:

Looks like another win for Corporate America! Wait what? They have to work for it? Hire employees and subs.

ITS FUCKIN AWEFUL

Meanwhile infrastructure week continues in knuckledragger minds.

Biden gets it done.

:lol:

Rah rah rah!!!!!  Like little infant cheerleaders.

13 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

Trump couldn’t get it done.

Just when I think you cannot be any more idiotic…BAM!  There you go!

Thank you for being the r token FSCE liberal here.  An example we can all point to with a warning.

• Like 1

Here is what is in the bill.  $550 billion of the $1.2 trillion is new spending.  A cool $15 billion for Elon Musk with electric vehicles.  Where's the funding for all the new nuke plants we are going to need?

They should have taken the passenger rail funds and expanded the broadband investment.  It certainly was nice when the government paid to run fiber to my house, especially when working from home so often now.

https://www.investopedia.com/here-s-what-s-in-the-usd1-trillion-infrastructure-bill-passed-by-the-senate-5196817

What's in the $1.2 Trillion Bipartisan Bill

The 2,702-page bipartisan bill, which has not changed, contains just $550 billion in new spending. The $1.2 trillion figure comes from including additional funding normally allocated each year for highways and other infrastructure projects. The new spending includes:8

$110 billion for roads and bridges. In addition to construction and repair, the funding also helps pay for transportation research at universities, funding for Puerto Rico’s highways, and “congestion relief” in American cities.

$66 billion for railroads. Funding includes upgrades and maintenance of America’s passenger rail system and freight rail safety, but nothing for high-speed rail.

$65 billion for the power grid. The bill would fund updates to power lines and cables, as well as provide money to prevent hacking of the power grid. Clean energy funding is also included.

$65 billion for broadband. Includes funding to expand broadband in rural areas and in low-income communities. Approximately $14 billion of the total would help reduce Internet bills for low-income citizens.

$55 billion for water infrastructure. This funding includes $15 billion for lead pipe replacement, $10 billion for chemical cleanup, and money to provide clean drinking water in tribal communities.

$47 billion for cybersecurity and climate change. The Resilience Fund will protect infrastructure from cybersecurity attacks and address flooding, wildfires, coastal erosion, and droughts along with other extreme weather events.

$39 billion for public transit. Funding here provides for upgrades to public transit systems nationwide. The allocation also includes money to create new bus routes and help make public transit more accessible to seniors and disabled Americans.

$25 billion for airports. This allocation provides funding for major upgrades and expansions at U.S. airports. Air traffic control towers and systems would receive $5 billion of the total for upgrades.

$21 billion for the environment. These monies would be used to clean up superfund and brownfield sites, abandoned mines, and old oil and gas wells.

$17 billion for ports. Half of the funds in this category would go to the Army Corps of Engineers for port infrastructure. Additional funds would go to the Coast Guard, ferry terminals, and reduction of truck emissions at ports.

$11 billion for safety. Appropriations here are to address highway, pedestrian, pipeline, and other safety areas with highway safety getting the bulk of the funding.

$8 billion for western water infrastructure. Ongoing drought conditions in the western half of the country will be addressed through investments in water treatment, storage, and reuse facilities.

$7.5 bill for electric vehicle charging stations. The Biden administration asked for this funding to build significantly more charging stations for electric vehicles across the nation.

$7.5 billion for electric school buses. With an emphasis on bus fleet replacement in low-income, rural, and tribal communities, this funding is expected to allow those communities to convert to zero-emission buses.

• Thanks 1

Well here's the best list I can find. Of the $1.2T, less than half of it is new spending - the rest is just a continuation of current budgets.

The 2,702-page bipartisan bill, which has not changed, contains just $550 billion in new spending. The $1.2 trillion figure comes from including additional funding normally allocated each year for highways and other infrastructure projects. The new spending includes:

$110 billion for roads and bridges. In addition to construction and repair, the funding also helps pay for transportation research at universities, funding for Puerto Rico’s highways, and “congestion relief” in American cities.

$66 billion for railroads. Funding includes upgrades and maintenance of America’s passenger rail system and freight rail safety, but nothing for high-speed rail.

$65 billion for the power grid. The bill would fund updates to power lines and cables, as well as provide money to prevent hacking of the power grid. Clean energy funding is also included.

$65 billion for broadband. Includes funding to expand broadband in rural areas and in low-income communities. Approximately $14 billion of the total would help reduce Internet bills for low-income citizens.

$55 billion for water infrastructure. This funding includes $15 billion for lead pipe replacement, $10 billion for chemical cleanup, and money to provide clean drinking water in tribal communities.

$47 billion for cybersecurity and climate change. The Resilience Fund will protect infrastructure from cybersecurity attacks and address flooding, wildfires, coastal erosion, and droughts along with other extreme weather events.

$39 billion for public transit. Funding here provides for upgrades to public transit systems nationwide. The allocation also includes money to create new bus routes and help make public transit more accessible to seniors and disabled Americans.

$25 billion for airports. This allocation provides funding for major upgrades and expansions at U.S. airports. Air traffic control towers and systems would receive $5 billion of the total for upgrades.

$21 billion for the environment. These monies would be used to clean up superfund and brownfield sites, abandoned mines, and old oil and gas wells.

$17 billion for ports. Half of the funds in this category would go to the Army Corps of Engineers for port infrastructure. Additional funds would go to the Coast Guard, ferry terminals, and reduction of truck emissions at ports.

$11 billion for safety. Appropriations here are to address highway, pedestrian, pipeline, and other safety areas with highway safety getting the bulk of the funding.

$8 billion for western water infrastructure. Ongoing drought conditions in the western half of the country will be addressed through investments in water treatment, storage, and reuse facilities.

$7.5 bill for electric vehicle charging stations. The Biden administration asked for this funding to build significantly more charging stations for electric vehicles across the nation.

$7.5 billion for electric school buses. With an emphasis on bus fleet replacement in low-income, rural, and tribal communities, this funding is expected to allow those communities to convert to zero-emission buses.

Am I the only one who looks at this shit and thinks, "Whatever happened to the BILLION(s) number?"  I mean, seriously - you're telling me they couldn't pass this bill for something like $250B - $500B?  No, we just jump right into the TRILLION(s) mark.  It's absolutely absurd.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Bontz said:

Am I the only one who looks at this shit and thinks, "Whatever happened to the BILLION(s) number?"  I mean, seriously - you're telling me they couldn't pass this bill for something like $250B - $500B?  No, we just jump right into the TRILLION(s) mark.  It's absolutely absurd.

But then we wouldn't have electric buses for low-income, rural, and tribal communities.

2 minutes ago, Bontz said:

No, you are not the only one.  Many people in America still have brains.

4 minutes ago, akvanden said:

Well here's the best list I can find. Of the $1.2T, less than half of it is new spending - the rest is just a continuation of current budgets.

The 2,702-page bipartisan bill, which has not changed, contains just $550 billion in new spending. The $1.2 trillion figure comes from including additional funding normally allocated each year for highways and other infrastructure projects. The new spending includes:

So, what’s your opinion?  Is doubling these expenses a solid financial move right now?

3 minutes ago, teamgreen02 said:

But then we wouldn't have electric buses for low-income, rural, and tribal communities.

Because, people of color haven’t been afforded proper shade from trees!!!!  Climate change going after them first!

Literally a pic from the news on TV….how does this tree not put out shade?  :lmao:

56DD7023-FDB5-463C-82B6-913FF19A7B6F.jpeg

• Haha 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
12 hours ago, Zambroski said:

$1.2 fucking trillion.  You just posted about a measly $250B

WHERE IS THE REST GOING???

Hint: most is going somewhere that people with brains would call a waste of fucking money.

And that's over 10 years.   $25 billion a year on actual Infrastructure.  :lol:  

25 minutes ago, akvanden said:

Not passive - people like to attack the outcome rather than the process, which becomes a never ending cycle. The process is the part that sucks. Lobbyist suck, no term limits suck - the unnatural outcomes from just those two items suck.

With that said, do you think the entire bill is a joke, or are there only certain parts of it you don’t like?

It's the process that pisses me off, I used to think the pork was excessive back when it was 15-20% of a Bill, now that's about all that gets spent on it's intent, Term limits would help, up here an excellent representative was voted out of office in attempt to stop Nancy from retaining Speaker of the House unfortunately it didn't work. If more people would pay attention to the actual hearings instead of what the news and internet tells you what happened 90% of the politicians would be voted out.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

So, what’s your opinion?  Is doubling these expenses a solid financial move right now?

CBO projects it will add $250B to the deficit over a 10 year period. The $1.2T is a big number, but have to remember only $550M of it is new.  I think it's great that some sort of compromise was met and that it's not anywhere near the dems wish list amount of $3.5T.

In my opinion, I would have been one of the 13 republicans who voted for this.

28 minutes ago, akvanden said:

CBO projects it will add $250B to the deficit over a 10 year period. The $1.2T is a big number, but have to remember only $550M of it is new.  I think it's great that some sort of compromise was met and that it's not anywhere near the dems wish list amount of $3.5T.

And you'd be looking for a job next November.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

51 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Because, people of color haven’t been afforded proper shade from trees!!!!  Climate change going after them first!

Literally a pic from the news on TV….how does this tree not put out shade?  :lmao:

56DD7023-FDB5-463C-82B6-913FF19A7B6F.jpeg

Your just saying that from the prospective of shade privilege.

1 hour ago, Zambroski said:

How very passive of you.  These bills have become a joke for decades with small amounts actually being beneficial to anybody other than special interests but, we name them so Americans think they are “good” for all.

”Infrastructure bill”.  :lmao: Total joke.

Sheep shearing is fun when half of the livestock enjoy the process and defend it with their pea brains.  

1 hour ago, akvanden said:

With that said, do you think the entire bill is a joke, or are there only certain parts of it you don’t like?

52 minutes ago, Bontz said:

49 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

No, you are not the only one.  Many people in America still have brains.

35 minutes ago, airflite1 said:

It's the process that pisses me off, I used to think the pork was excessive back when it was 15-20% of a Bill, now that's about all that gets spent on it's intent, Term limits would help, up here an excellent representative was voted out of office in attempt to stop Nancy from retaining Speaker of the House unfortunately it didn't work. If more people would pay attention to the actual hearings instead of what the news and internet tells you what happened 90% of the politicians would be voted out.

Trillions is the new billions.  I agree and understand that our infrastructure needs an overhaul, it was one of the few things I agreed upon with Trump and Biden.  We've been incapable of electing officials that care less about bringing the bacon back to their states and districts.  Term limits would certainly help.  What would also help is having economists in charge of the coffers rather than lawyers and career politicians.

What really grinds my gears is that it seems to me NONE of these fuckwads can spend 30 minutes to do a little back of the napkin math when it comes to debt and defecits but have NO PROBLEM putting more on the taxpayers credit card.  This applies to both parties equally. 

There are no more fiscal conservatives left in government.  None.

:(

• Like 1

Just now, akvanden said:

Oh yeah, scortched earth, no compromise politics is better. 9_9

Show me the last time the dems got behind a touch and go bill the republicans wanted to pass.

How many times does one get ass raped before they realize this isn't the way sex was sold to you?

• Haha 2

• Gold Member
22 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

Infrastructure Week was just a Trump cover….

Russia Russia Russia ...wake up moron

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/ratcliffe-expects-many-more-durham-indictments-focused-on-clinton-russia-collusion-dossier/ar-AAQqsp3

47 minutes ago, teamgreen02 said:

Your just saying that from the prospective of shade privilege.

:lol: Trees grow around and about white people in more abundance.  It's science.

44 minutes ago, Snake said:

Show me the last time the dems got behind a touch and go bill the republicans wanted to pass.

How many times does one get ass raped before they realize this isn't the way sex was sold to you?

I've hated the Dem game for years and find it disgusting but, it's way past time to take off the gloves.

1 hour ago, akvanden said:

I'm not surprised you'd vote for it but, you haven't really been able to justify the doubling of the bill for misc social and environmental efforts.  This is gross overspending.  GROSS.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Zambroski said:

:lol: Trees grow around and about white people in more abundance.  It's science.

I've hated the Dem game for years and find it disgusting but, it's way past time to take off the gloves.

I'm not surprised you'd vote for it but, you haven't really been able to justify the doubling of the bill for misc social and environmental efforts.  This is gross overspending.  GROSS.

Hey, strip out the 21B for the environment and the other 15B for electric, make it $514B and we’ll all be happy. ;)