Check your account email address ×

Why is flying turning into a UFC match ?

Worst flight I had was to Amsterdam about 5 mo after 911 . I took 3 sleeping pills just as I sat down . As soon as the seat belt sign shut off the patio umbrella starts pacing the isel praying in Arabic.  This went on for hours like over 7  . Well as you can imagine I was not sleeping thrugh that so the fight thrugh the sleeping part turns to mild tripping . Yep they would sit her ass down 10 min latter she was back to pacing and praying . 

13 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

If you can't Handel your drugs or booze or both wtf are you doing getting wasted and climbing in to a aluminum tube ?  I use to enjoy dropping acid before a flight with a window seat .

Many can handle themselves wetter when hammered.  They drive better too!  

7 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

Worst flight I had was to Amsterdam about 5 mo after 911 . I took 3 sleeping pills just as I sat down . As soon as the seat belt sign shut off the patio umbrella starts pacing the isel praying in Arabic.  This went on for hours like over 7  . Well as you can imagine I was not sleeping thrugh that so the fight thrugh the sleeping part turns to mild tripping . Yep they would sit her ass down 10 min latter she was back to pacing and praying . 

“Patio umbrella”.

:lol:

My worst flight was landing in Chicago in a bad thunderstorm.  Fucking masks dropped and people screaming.  All I could think was, I’m gonna die in this god damn shit hole city.  But seriously, it was fucked….pilots didn’t even come over the Com to tell us it’s all gonna be ok.  They were busy trying to not die too.  Fuck.

• Platinum Contributing Member

Alcohol and being a pussy scared of flying is a bad combination.   

Most of these idiots don't freak out in a bar when drinking.  

• Platinum Contributing Member
49 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

Of the incident involving the dude that punched the stewardess in the face, my wife said she's glad I wasn't on the plane because I have zero tolerance for a man hitting a woman.

Would not have went over well with me.   

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Zambroski said:

Oh, I think one or two drink max is ok.  They aren’t supposed to let you board of you are noticeably drunk.

Last time I flew to SD for work we got turned around and sent back to the terminal over a drunk af loser running his mouth. Flight had already been delayed 90 minutes because of weather too. 

1 hour ago, spin_dry said:

…..and you would’ve said something like???

First off I would have called over the waitress in the sky and asked if I could move because this seat smells like piss . I also would not assume a fat fucks politics could. Care less . I am not one to hold back on what I think if some ass hat thinks I need to hear what they have to say in person . Not much tact just blunt . I am the one most come to to bring up uncomfortable situations to some one or a group . 

So what ever needed to be said I would say . And no I would never toss out the first punch but I sure shit will toss out the next 20 .have only had to get violent a few times after my 20s  .  And you ? 

Edited by Ez ryder

29 minutes ago, SayatodaU.P.eh? said:

Last time I flew to SD for work we got turned around and sent back to the terminal over a drunk af loser running his mouth. Flight had already been delayed 90 minutes because of weather too. 

Don't understand why they turn around . Can't tell me a few guys can't just duct tape these ass hats to a seat and not fuck up every one's plans 

1 hour ago, Zambroski said:

Many can handle themselves wetter when hammered.  They drive better too!  

“Patio umbrella”.

:lol:

My worst flight was landing in Chicago in a bad thunderstorm.  Fucking masks dropped and people screaming.  All I could think was, I’m gonna die in this god damn shit hole city.  But seriously, it was fucked….pilots didn’t even come over the Com to tell us it’s all gonna be ok.  They were busy trying to not die too.  Fuck.

Hardest landing I was even in I was still a kid . We were on a short flight from Bahamas to FL . And a bunch of jungle kids would not sit down . Staff kept putting them in seats and buckling them in they would get up and run around . Mom was out cold dad just laughed . Captin came on said it may me a rough landing be prepared . And they dropped that fucker hard masks down luggage falling.  A pannel from the celing fell kids in the isle crying . It was a quality moment for some of us on the flight ✈️

13 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

Hardest landing I was even in I was still a kid . We were on a short flight from Bahamas to FL . And a bunch of jungle kids would not sit down . Staff kept putting them in seats and buckling them in they would get up and run around . Mom was out cold dad just laughed . Captin came on said it may me a rough landing be prepared . And they dropped that fucker hard masks down luggage falling.  A pannel from the celing fell kids in the isle crying . It was a quality moment for some of us on the flight ✈️

Yeah.  It’s crazy.  It’s a helpless feeling (that I’ve felt before).  Just sit there and try to prepare for anything while people are literally losing their minds.  I got on a plane 2-3 times a month for I don’t know how many years and that Chicago landing was the only one I thought was in real trouble.  There isn’t even a close second and we slid access a runway in Denver once.  I just laughed.  Lol

20 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Yeah.  It’s crazy.  It’s a helpless feeling (that I’ve felt before).  Just sit there and try to prepare for anything while people are literally losing their minds.  I got on a plane 2-3 times a month for I don’t know how many years and that Chicago landing was the only one I thought was in real trouble.  There isn’t even a close second and we slid access a runway in Denver once.  I just laughed.  Lol

My worst was flying in a Lear for work. We had to land on a small podunk airstrip surrounded by water, in the winter. Flaps wouldn’t come out past 20%. Pilot was younger, retired F16 pilot. He put it in there and tossed the reverse thrusters on the second the nose wheel hit. Couldn’t really use the brakes as the runway was partially snow covered so they wouldn’t work. I knew something was wrong when we were on final. We were coming in hot for sure. Needless to say, he has the nose wheel hard over as we are slowly sliding to literally the last foot of the runway before it catches and turns us off onto the taxiway. Pilot gets the plane stopped, fuel truck comes out, pilot jumps out and cycles the power to the plane, flap sensors that weren’t allowing the flaps to work right come back on line and off we went. That pilot was probably the coolest cat I’ve ever seen. Most of us were shitting solid gold bricks watching that half frozen lake coming up fast at the end of that runway. He seemed to take it in stride. 

2 minutes ago, SayatodaU.P.eh? said:

My worst was flying in a Lear for work. We had to land on a small podunk airstrip surrounded by water, in the winter. Flaps wouldn’t come out past 20%. Pilot was younger, retired F16 pilot. He put it in there and tossed the reverse thrusters on the second the nose wheel hit. Couldn’t really use the brakes as the runway was partially snow covered so they wouldn’t work. I knew something was wrong when we were on final. We were coming in hot for sure. Needless to say, he has the nose wheel hard over as we are slowly sliding to literally the last foot of the runway before it catches and turns us off onto the taxiway. Pilot gets the plane stopped, fuel truck comes out, pilot jumps out and cycles the power to the plane, flap sensors that weren’t allowing the flaps to work right come back on line and off we went. That pilot was probably the coolest cat I’ve ever seen. Most of us were shitting solid gold bricks watching that half frozen lake coming up fast at the end of that runway. He seemed to take it in stride. 

Fighter pilots are cool fucking customers.  Panic doesn’t work well in that seat.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

I am 200% sure the captain dropped hard on purpose because of the asshole kids who would not do what they were told for a hr 

3 hours ago, Polaris 550 said:

Unless and until we get a great president to turn this around, it will only get worse.   

Go ahead and keep hanging your hopes on some shitbag in an Oval Office. :lol:

laughing-lmao.gif

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

Got to be vaccinated to fly??

:ashamed:

idk, but it's clear people don't like being told what to do - even though they've been told wtf is up before they get in the aluminum tube.

maybe we need to start dropping unruly passengers off like blue ice

bombs-somethings-got-to-give.gif