Check your account email address ×

$1k fine for loud exhaust

8 minutes ago, SayatodaU.P.eh? said:

Boy, they really struck it big by getting that windbag to replace Cuomo, didn’t they? 

At least Whitmere has been in hiding around here. 

https://www.motorious.com/articles/news/stolen-dodge-challenger-split/

Michigan has it's own problems. 

What's ironic is the nice quiet electric cars are faster and in actuality more dangerous. 

https://www.abcactionnews.com/news/local-news/i-team-investigates/tesla-driver-arrested-after-116-mph-crash-kills-two-people-and-a-dog

And, the brakes/handling don't match the straightline performance.  Imagine riding a TCat with 1970s cable actuated brakes, and half a handlebar.

31 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

https://www.motorious.com/articles/news/stolen-dodge-challenger-split/

Michigan has it's own problems. 

What's ironic is the nice quiet electric cars are faster and in actuality more dangerous. 

https://www.abcactionnews.com/news/local-news/i-team-investigates/tesla-driver-arrested-after-116-mph-crash-kills-two-people-and-a-dog

And, the brakes/handling don't match the straightline performance.  Imagine riding a TCat with 1970s cable actuated brakes, and half a handlebar.

My wife works for the company car lease department at Stellantis. You’re not telling me anything I don’t already know with stolen Challengers and Chargers. 

Not sure how that has anything to do with a kooky governor wanting to fine the fuck out of people with loud exhaust though. :dunno:

Hey you needledicks that feel the need to roll coal or pin it next to that Tesla or Prius or group of spandex freaks.

Guess which group of needledicks actively engage their politicians.

I'm far more concerned about the last paragraph:

Other lawmakers have seized on drag racing and noise to push other solutions: State Senator Brad Hoylman wants speed cameras to be on at night in areas with illegal street racing (his co-sponsored bill is called the, yes, FURIOUS Act) and Council Member Ben Kallos has proposed putting noise-detecting technology around the city to pinpoint offending vehicles.

Edited by racinfarmer
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, racinfarmer said:

Hey you needledicks that feel the need to roll coal or pin it next to that Tesla or Prius or group of spandex freaks.

Guess which group of needledicks actively engage their politicians.

I'm far more concerned about the last paragraph:

squeaky wheel, grease, etc.

glad you get it

I hope mn follows suit and goes after all the annoying bikes.  Nothing worse than getting stuck behind some HD on a nice day with the top down or windows down . Or the ass hats who think I want to here there pos vibrating apart at a whooping 5500rpm rolling 35mph at 7am . If they can check off road pipes there is zero reason they can't fuck with on road pipes 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

squeaky wheel, grease, etc.

glad you get it

Not always . Some times the squeaky wheel annoys the fuck out of a council and said counsel dose what ever they can to be sure the cunts do not get there way . Some go as far as letting members of opposition know what they should do next .

And as a sled rider this should make you happy lol 

3 hours ago, Ez ryder said:

Not always . Some times the squeaky wheel annoys the fuck out of a council and said counsel dose what ever they can to be sure the cunts do not get there way . Some go as far as letting members of opposition know what they should do next .

And as a sled rider this should make you happy lol 

so you're ok with loud bikes?

:)

5 hours ago, Ez ryder said:

I hope mn follows suit and goes after all the annoying bikes.  Nothing worse than getting stuck behind some HD on a nice day with the top down or windows down . 

Stuck?  Don't be a pussy and pass the douchebag. 

Seems funny that a guy named ez Ryder is mad at hog pipes, lol

Edited by Deephaven

1 hour ago, Deephaven said:

Stuck?  Don't be a pussy and pass the douchebag. 

Seems funny that a guy named ez Ryder is mad at hog pipes, lol

90% of the time it is on 15 . And yeah I have but you know the deal on that stretch 

On 11/1/2021 at 9:10 AM, SayatodaU.P.eh? said:

Boy, they really struck it big by getting that windbag to replace Cuomo, didn’t they? 

At least Whitmere has been in hiding around here. 

She's a cunt.

Which ones ?  Nothing I know of, that is close to being as loud as any of the hardly aftermarket mufflers. 

Which cars or trucks come from the factory abnoxiously loud ?

For my ears, there is a huge different between loud, and obnoxtious.

2 hours ago, Frostynuts said:

Which ones ?  Nothing I know of, that is close to being as loud as any of the hardly aftermarket mufflers. 

Which cars or trucks come from the factory abnoxiously loud ?

For my ears, there is a huge different between loud, and obnoxtious.

Most AMG vehicles get pretty gnarly loud when in s+ or race mode, even with back fires.  Very loud.  I know some of the hot Maserati cars are pretty loud too.  You can go down the list.. Ferrari Lambo Porsche I'm sure they all have some pretty loud cars.

• Like 1

I love the sound of the mustangs with the flat plane cranks, and adaptive exhaust. To my ears, that isn,t annoying loud, nothing like the stupid hardly bikes, that all sound like annoying noise to me. Look at me, look at me, while I braaap, braaap my hardly. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mnstang said:

Most AMG vehicles get pretty gnarly loud when in s+ or race mode, even with back fires.  Very loud.  I know some of the hot Maserati cars are pretty loud too.  You can go down the list.. Ferrari Lambo Porsche I'm sure they all have some pretty loud cars.

Thing is most of them don't run down the street in 2nd  attempting to draw attention to them in there fancy gay sex  bsdm  outfits 

4 hours ago, Frostynuts said:

I love the sound of the mustangs with the flat plane cranks, and adaptive exhaust. To my ears, that isn,t annoying loud, nothing like the stupid hardly bikes, that all sound like annoying noise to me. Look at me, look at me, while I braaap, braaap my hardly. 

It doesn't matter what you think sounds good or annoying because that's going to be different for everyone.  All a law can go for is noise level.  And possibly stock or aftermarket, although I don't think that stands up in any court room.  And actually even the noise level thing could easily be exploited in court.

So will the cops camp out at every AutoZone, Napa, pep boys and do sting operations for replacement mufflers and tailpipes sales?  What about when your auto manufacturer no longer sells replacement exhaust parts for your vehicle?  In a rust belt state every vehicle older than 20 years old could be illegal.  It's a super weak and bullshit law, probably just designed to deter people but they know it won't hold up.  I'd like to see specifics of the law.  The article was very vague.

• Like 1

New York is a great state if you’re into nothing fun. I got a loud exhaust ticket in my $500 accord because my flex pipe rotted in half, got pulled over about 7 miles after it gave out over a bridge expansion joint. I’ve also been let go for loud exhaust in my ws6 that has 3” true duals with 3.5” bullet mufflers after getting on it hard in second getting on the highway. Had my windows up that time and also got warned about my tint but no tickets. Like all those revenue laws though it’s gonna be whether you get a cop that had friends in middle school or got beat up a lot whether you get stopped at all or ticketed when you do.

42 minutes ago, Palu49 said:

New York is a great state if you’re into nothing fun. I got a loud exhaust ticket in my $500 accord because my flex pipe rotted in half, got pulled over about 7 miles after it gave out over a bridge expansion joint. I’ve also been let go for loud exhaust in my ws6 that has 3” true duals with 3.5” bullet mufflers after getting on it hard in second getting on the highway. Had my windows up that time and also got warned about my tint but no tickets. Like all those revenue laws though it’s gonna be whether you get a cop that had friends in middle school or got beat up a lot whether you get stopped at all or ticketed when you do.

Those laws sound like bullshit.  Communist China