Check your account email address ×

Lions fans ... how do you do it???

Bontz

1 hour ago, Highmark said:

Like a lot of things professional sports teams long term success is much to do with ownership and who they put in control.   There are classy, well run organizations in every sport that never seem to fall too far from the top.   I'm a Redskin fan and when we had the Cook's in charge we were always solid and won 3 Superbowls with 3 different qb's in not all that long of timeframe.   Now Snyder is in charge we likely never will win another until he is gone. 

Well said, yep!   FWIW - I do feel for REDSKINS fans (I'll never refer to that team as the WFT :wall:)   Those teams from the 80's and 90's were great ... now that Snyder is in control, it's like a cancer has plagued them.

4 hours ago, Highmark said:

Like a lot of things professional sports teams long term success is much to do with ownership and who they put in control.   There are classy, well run organizations in every sport that never seem to fall too far from the top.   I'm a Redskin fan and when we had the Cook's in charge we were always solid and won 3 Superbowls with 3 different qb's in not all that long of timeframe.   Now Snyder is in charge we likely never will win another until he is gone. 

true story,  like them or hate them the ownership made the difference for the Pats.  Ford family has made Detroit the shity organization they are

1 hour ago, Angry ginger said:

true story,  like them or hate them the ownership made the difference for the Pats.  Ford family has made Detroit the shity organization they are

Same thing with the McCaskeys in Chicago. Da Bears haven't won a SB in 35 years.

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/26/2021 at 4:24 PM, Cold War said:

Nobody loses like the Lions.  You got admit it is entertaining every time. They suck you back in every game…every season. 

Not gonna lie - I was waiting for Goff to throw an INT or just plain turn it over on downs to end the game.  It was enjoyable seeing them pull off that last second TD to beat the Queens!!  I sure wish we were back to working in the office ... tomorrow morning would have been really entertaining!!! :lol:  Congrats Lions fans

• Thanks 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
2 hours ago, racinfarmer said:

How should I discuss this at work tomorrow?

It takes a professional Minnesota sports team to blow a game that bad.

No. it took me betting on the game to make the lions win. Fuck if I ever thought there was a sure bet that was it. Nope , lions done fucked me.

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

No. it took me betting on the game to make the lions win. Fuck if I ever thought there was a sure bet that was it. Nope , lions done fucked me.

Damn !