Jump to content

Recommended Posts

With the market being so crazy due to COVID I thought it would be fun to share ads of over priced sleds. I'll start it off with this one:

https://minneapolis.craigslist.org/hnp/snw/d/minnetonka-1987-polaris-indy-trail/7372540264.html

In comparison a couple months ago a local guy had a relatively clean / garage kept 93 Indy Classic listed with an asking price of $400. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

They are 90 hp sleds with a 136” track. People are getting carried the fuck away. 

Everyone back off I'm on the way to buy the pair!

Posted Images

I'm really considering listing my back sled for a stupid amount and see what happens. It probably won't be as bad as most, when I sell shit it usually goes very quickly because I always sell cheap just to get rid of it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Mag6240 said:

Dang!  I have a 99 and 01 polaris 340 my son has about outgrown.  For that money I'd gladly dump them this year.  I sold our 3rd 340 last spring for what seemed like crazy money.

20210509_174209.jpg

20201209_094757.jpg

Edited by Boonbocker1
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

And here I thought an older friend of mine, who I helped sell his 2000 Indy Classic with over 4k miles on it for $2500 was crazy (but he got the money out of it).  I was telling another buddy of mine last night, his 2011 Rush 600 would probably sell for close to $5K and he couldn't believe it.  This shit is proof, the used market is insane.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, nacapster said:

With the market being so crazy due to COVID I thought it would be fun to share ads of over priced sleds. I'll start it off with this one:

https://minneapolis.craigslist.org/hnp/snw/d/minnetonka-1987-polaris-indy-trail/7372540264.html

In comparison a couple months ago a local guy had a relatively clean / garage kept 93 Indy Classic listed with an asking price of $400. 

Honestly, me almost daily searches makes me goggle so weak times.  I think I saw a 2019 renegade XRS with 5000 miles or so for $9500 yesterday that made me smile.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Sled_Hed said:

I'm going to sell my son's bravo and I'd like to get him into a lite or similar but damn, I sure hope I can find something for less than that.

Last winter a guy had an 85 Bravo listed for 2K. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Friend who does builders sold one last year where the guys girlfriend wrecked it so he bought it back after the insurance claim.  Fixed it again and sold it last week for $1200.00 more than he sold if for last year.

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, HSR said:

111C8B18-F3C8-4294-A7D5-4FB3B2DA7959.jpeg

:lmao:

Seriously.  That tank top must have ski Doo on it.  Some of these guys are cracking me up.  

2019 Ski Doo, Eight Fiddy hyper sled for sale!  Basic shock package, LinQ gear loaded (but not included), no studs, I don’t need those, used only Ski Doo oil, only ridden in the UP, a low 6500 miles!  $12,500 or best reasonable offer that will allow me to pay it off.  

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Lord knows that the current price of new sleds is certainly helping to keep my money in the bank, instead of buying new. 
 

What is crazy, about the crazy used sled prices is, I don’t know how they are selling them. I put my Fusion up for what I thought was a reasonable deal, considering all of the crazy prices I was seeing at the time, last spring and not one bite. Oh well. That reminds me, time to relist it. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Been looking for a reasonably priced nice Sno Pro 500. 

Those do not exist right now. 

Every one is either overpriced or beat to crap, or both. 

I found a ZR4000 RR that had some issues that I thought about, but someone else wanted it way worse then I did, I guess. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, racinfarmer said:

Been looking for a reasonably priced nice Sno Pro 500. 

Those do not exist right now. 

Every one is either overpriced or beat to crap, or both. 

I found a ZR4000 RR that had some issues that I thought about, but someone else wanted it way worse then I did, I guess. 

Contacted a seller last March about a 2017 RMK 800 that needed a top end, within 11 minutes of him posting it. This was at 9:00 on a Sunday night. Told him I would be by to look at it and at least give him money down, around 3 pm the next day. Got a text at 11 am the next morning telling me not to waste my time. Guy showed up at his house at 9 am that morning and took it. Guess I need to step up my game and skip out on work to buy this shit these days. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, racinfarmer said:

Been looking for a reasonably priced nice Sno Pro 500. 

Those do not exist right now. 

Every one is either overpriced or beat to crap, or both. 

I found a ZR4000 RR that had some issues that I thought about, but someone else wanted it way worse then I did, I guess. 

I feel like you can still get a decent one in the 3500-4000 range.

Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, SayatodaU.P.eh? said:

Contacted a seller last March about a 2017 RMK 800 that needed a top end, within 11 minutes of him posting it. This was at 9:00 on a Sunday night. Told him I would be by to look at it and at least give him money down, around 3 pm the next day. Got a text at 11 am the next morning telling me not to waste my time. Guy showed up at his house at 9 am that morning and took it. Guess I need to step up my game and skip out on work to buy this shit these days. 

I've missed out on a $1500 Rush with a blown motor, a $800 Dragon 600 with a blown motor, and a $400 F7 Sno-Pro with a blown motor so far.  I'd chance the two Polaris sleds for the price.  Work my connections with the Big P on discounted parts.

29 minutes ago, mnstang said:

I feel like you can still get a decent one in the 3500-4000 range.

You can get a decent one if you watch, but I'm more of a $2000-2500 kind of guy.  

Only one I've seen in that range had a bent frame and was all corroded inside.  

Guess I'll restart the search for a Z370.

The one I really should have bought was the F570 with a blown engine and either repaired that one or swapped a Z370 or Z440 motor into it.  

Edited by racinfarmer
Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

I've missed out on a $1500 Rush with a blown motor, a $800 Dragon 600 with a blown motor, and a $400 F7 Sno-Pro with a blown motor so far.  I'd chance the two Polaris sleds for the price.  Work my connections with the Big P on discounted parts.

You can get a decent one if you watch, but I'm more of a $2000-2500 kind of guy.  

Only one I've seen in that range had a bent frame and was all corroded inside.  

Guess I'll restart the search for a Z370.

The one I really should have bought was the F570 with a blown engine and either repaired that one or swapped a Z370 or Z440 motor into it.  

To find a good sp500 in that price range is looking for a miracle.  Every once in a while I see one in that price but I wouldn't say it's a nice one.  Although, it's an sp500 and if you're just worried about function and mechanicals then you could pretty much get any of them.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, mnstang said:

To find a good sp500 in that price range is looking for a miracle.  Every once in a while I see one in that price but I wouldn't say it's a nice one.  Although, it's an sp500 and if you're just worried about function and mechanicals then you could pretty much get any of them.

I have a few more years before I really need one, so if I happen across one, I'll snap it up.  If not, oh well.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SayatodaU.P.eh? said:

Contacted a seller last March about a 2017 RMK 800 that needed a top end, within 11 minutes of him posting it. This was at 9:00 on a Sunday night. Told him I would be by to look at it and at least give him money down, around 3 pm the next day. Got a text at 11 am the next morning telling me not to waste my time. Guy showed up at his house at 9 am that morning and took it. Guess I need to step up my game and skip out on work to buy this shit these days. 

Yep…still going to at fast.  I haven’t found anything that is really blowing my hair back so I don’t care but, I am starting to wonder if I may end up on something less than I desire for this season.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Yep…still going to at fast.  I haven’t found anything that is really blowing my hair back so I don’t care but, I am starting to wonder if I may end up on something less than I desire for this season.  

It’s like the Indy I bought last spring. I wasn’t really looking for a new trail sled at all. I’m lucky if I trail ride a few times a year anymore. Then, this Indy came up and while it was out of a rental fleet, I know/trust the dealer so I did it. It’s got it’s nicks and scratches but seems solid otherwise.
 

The miles on it don’t scare me. The track is already pretty much toast but I didn’t plan to run it anyway so I’ll swap that out and replace the drive axle bearings while I’m in there because they probably need it. I already have the heavier torsion springs and a verbal appointment at my buddy’s shop to do the shocks anyhow, as well. 
 

Wait! I should probably call Ricky for one of his grease able drive axle cover plates! Or, I could take a drill bit, a tap and a 25 cent grease zerk and make my own? Man. Decisions, decisions. :lol:

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Trying to pay the bills, lol




×
×
  • Create New...