Check your account email address ×

GM patents the man step

BOHICA

1 hour ago, Rigid1 said:

I got to say, the foot slots in the bumper of my GMC are frigging awesome,  all I need to get in the back quickly and safely.. 

Much better than the man step on my Ford in my opinion. 

• Like 1

I don't have a man step on my ford but I do have the step u kick and it drops down in fr of rear wheel . use it all the time. the GM bed 1 is a shit design and I would kill it in less than 6mo guaranteed . I buy a truck and my first stop is a junk yard to buy a junk tailgate to use till trade in time .

but yeah for the GM guy I guess it would be nice to jump up ad adjust your thule fat tire bike carrier

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SVT Renegade XRS said:

Step on the tire or bumper and climb into the bed. Not to fucking difficult

I may be old and a bit thick in the mid section but I can still take a few quick steps and jump in to the bed of a 1/4 ton  . getting harder they keep making these things higher and higher. really kind of pisses me off . all for looks not for function  

Edited by Ez ryder

14 minutes ago, Woodtick said:

I work out of a van. Never did like working out of a PU.

One of the Plumbers I use occasionally just switched to a big 2500 chevy van last year. Said he'd never go back to a truck again. But did say it took him a while to decide to be a "van guy". He just likes being able to load it up and have everything secure all the time.

Just now, Ez ryder said:

the courts told me no more vans or ice cream trucks

I believe that. :lol:

I have been looking in to a used ford transit connect just as a light duty service truck . mostly for inner city work think it would be nice to park and not have to keep driving around the block 20 times till a big spot opens . and I can park very well still sucks the man step is worthless when it is so tight u cant drop the gate or even walk behind the truck.

1 thing I don't get why don't they have back windows that open to stick shit out of ? non of the new vans open

Edited by Ez ryder

5 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

I have been looking in to a used ford transit connect just as a light duty service truck . mostly for inner city work think it would be nice to park and not have to keep driving around the block 20 times till a big spot opens . and I can park very well still sucks the man step is worthless when it is so tight u cant drop the gate or even walk behind the truck

A Jetta wagon has more room than a Transit. A six foot ladder has to go in sideways. We have one sitting in our shop. Nobody will drive it. You are beter off buying a used mini van and pulling the seats out. I know lots of guys that do it. They are cheep used.  Do you still drive this EZ? You were high as fuck when I took this pic.

image.jpg

40 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

I may be old and a bit thick in the mid section but I can still take a few quick steps and jump in to the bed of a 1/4 ton  . getting harder they keep making these things higher and higher. really kind of pisses me off . all for looks not for function  

Watched my buddy do that ONCE back in '97   Was going good, except the grass was damp and the tailgate didn't have any bedliner cover or LineX on it.  A trip to the ER, and 40+ staples later.......

• Gold Member

I use my tailgate step all the time.  It is one option box that it always checked that is a must have on any truck that I buy after having it.  It is pretty nice to be able to walk into and out of the bed of the truck hands free when loading and unloading stuff.

8 minutes ago, Woodtick said:

A Jetta wagon has more room than a Transit. A six foot ladder has to go in sideways. We have one sitting in our shop. Nobody will drive it. You are beter off buying a used mini van and pulling the seats out. I know lots of guys that do it. They are cheep used.  Do you still drive this EZ? You were high as fuck when I took this pic.

image.jpg

I have taken the wifes wagon to quick service calls but home owners don't like seeing there workers roll up in a new benz wagon lol .

my old man had a old vw bus at the shop they would run around in picking up parts it had the whole center section cut out . could do wheelies no prob  

2 minutes ago, SVT Renegade XRS said:

My buddy (he's a plumber) just bought a full size Transit to replace his old E-250. Loves it   Wife's uncle (home builder) is taking about getting one as well. 

Does he know hes your friend? 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, SVT Renegade XRS said:

My buddy (he's a plumber) just bought a full size Transit to replace his old E-250. Loves it   Wife's uncle (home builder) is taking about getting one as well. 

The full size Transit is a full size hunk of shit. Drove one for about a half hour. The only reason the boss is buying them is because they are $2500 cheaper than the Chevy.  A big guy can't fit in them after the wall is put in. Plus the boss buys the powerless non turbo V6,so they can't get out of their own way. Glad my 13 only has 75 K on it. They will force me out of it at 200k or 7 years.

1 hour ago, Woodtick said:

The full size Transit is a full size hunk of shit. Drove one for about a half hour. The only reason the boss is buying them is because they are $2500 cheaper than the Chevy.  A big guy can't fit in them after the wall is put in. Plus the boss buys the powerless non turbo V6,so they can't get out of their own way. Glad my 13 only has 75 K on it. They will force me out of it at 200k or 7 years.

Tell your boss to quit being a cheap fuck

• Like 1