Check your account email address ×

Judge orders hospital to treat rare hospitalized patient with horse dewormer

Rod

They've been using  Ivermectin for years on humans.

What is it?

Ivermectin is a drug used to treat infections caused by parasites, such as river blindness and intestinal problems caused by roundworms.

Scientists who developed ivermectin won the Nobel Prize in Physiology and Medicine in 2015, when the foundation said the drug “revolutionized therapy for patients suffering from devastating parasitic diseases.”

In fact, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention recommends refugees coming to the United States from most parts of the world take ivermectin as a “presumptive therapy.”

Is it a horse drug?

Versions of ivermectin are also used to deworm livestock, which has caused confusion and fueled political commentary about the use of the drug.

Inspired by the growing public discussion of ivermectin, some people have attempted to purchase the animal version of it, which is more readily available than the type prescribed by doctors to humans.

The increased interest prompted one feed store in Las Vegas to demand that anyone buying the drug in recent days provide a photograph of their horse to cut down on people seeking ivermectin as a COVID-19 treatment.

In Oklahoma, some hospitals have reported an influx of patients sickened by taking doses of ivermectin formulated for full-grown horses.

But although many media outlets and commentators have characterized ivermectin as primarily a horse drug, and partisans on social media have mocked those expressing interest in it as a COVID-19 treatment, ivermectin is also a widely used human medicine. Doctors in the U.S. write tens of thousands of prescriptions for it every year.

45 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Just get the fucking shot if you are that scared of covid.  This is dumb.  Or get the shot and take the horsey meds.  IDGAF as long as you don’t tell me I need to do it.

100% your body your choice 

10 hours ago, ACE said:

So is ivermectin a viable treatment for a severe case of this cold?

10 hours ago, akvanden said:

You’re saying it can be severe now? This is getting serious….

:lol::owned:

1 hour ago, Zambroski said:

Just get the fucking shot if you are that scared of covid.  This is dumb.  Or get the shot and take the horsey meds.  IDGAF as long as you don’t tell me I need to do it.

you won't get the vax as a shot, pill or liquid... just enjoy your Ivermectin Pfizer Burger and keep posting

culver-culvers.gif

11 hours ago, akvanden said:

You’re saying it can be severe now? This is getting serious….

ill tell ya what, when coronavirus first came out i no shit moved out of the city and quit my job. more than likely a dumb decision because of how minor it turned out, for me at least. i could have continued life the same way. i am not a degenerate so the flu doesn't make me skip a beat. lol for others though, it can take you out. to me that would be the equivalent of getting bitten by a spider and killed by it :lmao:

hopefully that faggot pos mach gets taken out by it soon

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 hour ago, ACE said:

100% your body your choice 

1 hour ago, Zambroski said:

Apparently, the left doesn’t think so anymore.  So, hooray for hypocrisy and a shout out for group think fear and idiocy!

Maybe you two should talk to Texas Republicans about that.

19 minutes ago, FrankieJames7 said:

hey faggot mach, @Polaris 550 what meds you gunna take when you're on your deathbed from coronavirus faggot?

Yes, I am afraid of COVID. I used to do auto body work many years ago, and maybe my lungs aren't so great. I'm also over-weight, which won't help. 

So yeah, I'm afraid of that shit, you dirty little street bum.

You want Kivvie to get you a job on the oil boat, when you just installed the BEND-PAK lift, and you're doing all these big jobs, etc.

You don't know whether you're coming or going, you big faggot. 

You suck. You're a punk. Yeah, you're younger than me, and that's a lot. Time is on your side, you dirty street bastard. 

Who knows, maybe you'll croak before I do. I hope so, you filthy street bum. 

That's the problem with ALASKA. Beautiful outdoors, but then the state is filled with fucktahds like you. Filthy people that can't control their booze, drugs, and are kind of stupid to begin with. 

How many of you faggots win national spelling bees???  

33 minutes ago, FrankieJames7 said:

ill tell ya what, when coronavirus first came out i no shit moved out of the city and quit my job. more than likely a dumb decision because of how minor it turned out, for me at least. i could have continued life the same way. i am not a degenerate so the flu doesn't make me skip a beat. lol for others though, it can take you out. to me that would be the equivalent of getting bitten by a spider and killed by it :lmao:

hopefully that faggot pos mach gets taken out by it soon

Hey Francis, how much did you make last week? Tell us the truth, you dirty street-bum!!

2 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

you won't get the vax as a shot, pill or liquid... just enjoy your Ivermectin Pfizer Burger and keep posting

culver-culvers.gif

I’m not taking anything for it.  Well, maybe some Taco Bell.

1 hour ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Maybe you two should talk to Texas Republicans about that.

Maybe you should.  

1 hour ago, Polaris 550 said:

Yes, I am afraid of COVID. I used to do auto body work many years ago, and maybe my lungs aren't so great. I'm also over-weight, which won't help. 

So yeah, I'm afraid of that shit, you dirty little street bum.

You want Kivvie to get you a job on the oil boat, when you just installed the BEND-PAK lift, and you're doing all these big jobs, etc.

You don't know whether you're coming or going, you big faggot. 

You suck. You're a punk. Yeah, you're younger than me, and that's a lot. Time is on your side, you dirty street bastard. 

Who knows, maybe you'll croak before I do. I hope so, you filthy street bum. 

That's the problem with ALASKA. Beautiful outdoors, but then the state is filled with fucktahds like you. Filthy people that can't control their booze, drugs, and are kind of stupid to begin with. 

How many of you faggots win national spelling bees???  

i inherited land from my great grandfather when my grandmother passed away back in feb. it's at hayslough, about 20 miles away from tanana. im going there and going to survey the property asap. faggot mach z not

3 hours ago, ACE said:

Did you just learn that any viral respiratory illness can get serious?

I’ve heard you refer to it as “mild” and “just a cold” so many times I just figured it was as such. Glad we’re making progress though. :bc:

Edited by akvanden