Check your account email address ×

Anyone else getting parts, looking at their new sled or prepping their machines yet?

On 3/13/2024 at 10:18 PM, racinfarmer said:

If you are a Cat rider in NY, Cooks Rec. dumped Cat and is liquidating everything starting tomorrow.

Looks like piles of great stuff.

I’m gonna mosey on out there and see what he’s got, PM me if you’re looking for anything particular. 

Cooks didn’t really dump cat, a kid that worked there bought cooks and was gonna become the biggest cat dealer this side of the Mississippi and drowned himself in floor plan interest on 10 year old apparel and accessories, was the mechanic and salesman and never there. Look at his hours on his big liquidation sale and that’ll tell you a lot about his business practices.

16 minutes ago, Palu49 said:

I’m gonna mosey on out there and see what he’s got, PM me if you’re looking for anything particular. 

Cooks didn’t really dump cat, a kid that worked there bought cooks and was gonna become the biggest cat dealer this side of the Mississippi and drowned himself in floor plan interest on 10 year old apparel and accessories, was the mechanic and salesman and never there. Look at his hours on his big liquidation sale and that’ll tell you a lot about his business practices.

Had the passion but not the business acumen.  I don't think that is that uncommon in the modern powersports industry.  

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Palu49 said:

He did dump cat, and I think every other line of new equipment afik.. He's been bitching about textron for years, despite getting extra special treatment from the rep, since he's the last dealer left anywhere near the Syracuse area.

But yes, terrible business practices, and treating customers poorly didn't help.

Edited by krom

28 minutes ago, krom said:

He did dump cat, and I think every other line of new equipment afik.. He's been bitching textron for years, despite getting extra special treatment from the rep, since he's the last dealer left anywhere near the Syracuse area.

But yes, terrible business practices, and treating customers poorly didn't help.

He tried taking snowchecks this spring since the termination was never final and then Cat dropped him for failure to uphold his dealer contract

He should have got out of business a long time before he's in debt for the rest of his life.  

There were a lot of poor decisions made to get to that point.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Palu49 said:

They don’t floor plan parts/accessories. he must have taken out stupid loans from other lines of credit to over load on garbage. Cat by law has to take all the machines back.  

8 hours ago, Not greg b said:

They don’t floor plan parts/accessories. he must have taken out stupid loans from other lines of credit to over load on garbage. Cat by law has to take all the machines back.  

Yea not a true floor plan but it was on some sort of loan system like that, take a look at the pictures in his liquidation post, his apparel puts country cat to shame and he’s in the middle of nowhere.

9 hours ago, Not greg b said:

rumor has it he was taking loans to pay floor plan (which isn't stupid if  he paid off the entire machine at a lower rate than floorlplan, but is jimwit level if he took a loan just to cover interest is)

He got more than one semi trailer of leftover clothing for pennies on the dollar, with special extended terms from the factory.

He was also on the dealer council.

As far as the factory having to take back machines, that varies from state to state.  A while back NY added snowmobiles to the same category as other motor vehicles  as far as dealer/franchise law.  Prior to that the factory didn't legally have to take anything back, could set up another dealer literally next door an existing, etc.  Now they have to take back current year machines.

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, krom said:

rumor has it he was taking loans to pay floor plan (which isn't stupid if  he paid off the entire machine at a lower rate than floorlplan, but is jimwit level if he took a loan just to cover interest is)

He got more than one semi trailer of leftover clothing for pennies on the dollar, with special extended terms from the factory.

He was also on the dealer council.

As far as the factory having to take back machines, that varies from state to state.  A while back NY added snowmobiles to the same category as other motor vehicles  as far as dealer/franchise law.  Prior to that the factory didn't legally have to take anything back, could set up another dealer literally next door an existing, etc.  Now they have to take back current year machines.

There are very few states where the manufacturers don’t have to take back the machines. Looking at the guys pictures he spent loan money wildly on a bunch of random shit that doesn’t sell. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Not greg b said:

There are very few states where the manufacturers don’t have to take back the machines. Looking at the guys pictures he spent loan money wildly on a bunch of random shit that doesn’t sell. 

don't you need some new motofist gear? 

4 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

don't you need some new motofist gear? 

No. My Motorfist coat has had more warranty claims than an arctic cat 800 ctech 

• Haha 1

hello eBay, how can I help you? 

9_9

at least he's waiting until the end of a horrible season to unload the stuff, when it's most profitable to do so.  some people aren't cut out to own or operate a business.  Darwin... 

10 hours ago, Not greg b said:

If he has it on a high interest bank loan he probably is. 

I'm not sure what AC charges for interest on your parts account

17 minutes ago, krom said:

I'm not sure what AC charges for interest on your parts account

if the parts/accy inventory isn't paid for monthly... you'd best hang a going out of business sign right away or figure out how to turn it.  no manufacturer I know of floor plans this type of inventory.

29 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

if the parts/accy inventory isn't paid for monthly... you'd best hang a going out of business sign right away or figure out how to turn it.  no manufacturer I know of floor plans this type of inventory.

Like I said, they took extra special care of him, and gave him extended terms on this stuff.

42 minutes ago, krom said:

Like I said, they took extra special care of him, and gave him extended terms on this stuff.

that worked out well

probably more business for you in the long run, so what'evs

On 3/15/2024 at 7:26 PM, Palu49 said:

That's a shame to hear.  Bought my '11 from the previous owners when he worked there as the mechanic.  Left that day thinking damn, wish we had a dealer down here like that.

Few years ago I needed studs from them and from time to time odds and ends parts.  I'd call the number and it would be him on a recording as to leave a message and he'd call back.  Guessing he lacked help and didn't have anyone to answer the phone?  He always called me back, and fairly prompt about it I might add.

22 minutes ago, hayward said:

That's a shame to hear.  Bought my '11 from the previous owners when he worked there as the mechanic.  Left that day thinking damn, wish we had a dealer down here like that.

Few years ago I needed studs from them and from time to time odds and ends parts.  I'd call the number and it would be him on a recording as to leave a message and he'd call back.  Guessing he lacked help and didn't have anyone to answer the phone?  He always called me back, and fairly prompt about it I might add.

Their showroom hours for the week for the last 2 years or so are Saturday 10-12 because he can’t afford someone to work for him from his dumb decisions. Call Sun and Snow if you need anything they’ll take care of you.

• 2 weeks later...