Check your account email address ×

Anyone else getting parts, looking at their new sled or prepping their machines yet?

3 minutes ago, Not greg b said:

Alex wouldn’t approve the riser either. I guess I can get it for 250 bucks 

for a windshield or the whole sled?

I'd dig around in the attic above the garage... there's probably 1/3rd of a windshield up there.

whatever you do, don't try to start it... just politely hand him $200 and figure out if it runs properly after you've gotten it home and spent at least a grand on it.   

Edited by Crnr2Crnr
weRdz R haRd

1 minute ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

for a windshield or the whole sled?

I'd dig around in the attic above the garage... there's probably 1/3rd of a windshield up there.

whatever you do, don't try to start it... just politely hand him $200 and figure out if it runs properly after you've gotten it home and spent at least a grand on it.   

I guess it runs like a top. Buddy drove it home 2 weeks ago and it made it. I have 2 pro cross windshields I can probably make fit with self tapping screws 

2 minutes ago, Not greg b said:

I will put a skidoo cover on it so it goes up in value. If it was a jag I would be all over it 

if it were a JAG it would have already been sold

those are popular now  9_9

1 minute ago, Not greg b said:

I guess it runs like a top. Buddy drove it home 2 weeks ago and it made it. I have 2 pro cross windshields I can probably make fit with self tapping screws 

you wanna borrow my sawzall and some plywood?

we can make a can for it too... wife bought a gigantic can of nacho cheese for a party and I dug it out of the recycling can in case we needed one after she went to bed.  

2 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

if it were a JAG it would have already been sold

those are popular now  9_9

you wanna borrow my sawzall and some plywood?

we can make a can for it too... wife bought a gigantic can of nacho cheese for a party and I dug it out of the recycling can in case we needed one after she went to bed.  

O yeah. The cheese will make it even better. When people ask what kind of can is on it I will say not yours 

• Haha 1

Just now, Not greg b said:

O yeah. The cheese will make it even better. When people ask what kind of can is on it I will say not yours 

pretty sure I have some rusty steel wool under one of the pallet racks.  bring a spatula, a long stick and some bubble gum with.

58 minutes ago, Not greg b said:

Alex wouldn’t approve the riser either. I guess I can get it for 250 bucks 

Some days I miss mine.  I think you need to go get it.

Mine went back to the Motherland to a guy that had like a dozen or more of them.  Went with a matching coat, cover and spare windshield too.  

Harlan probably has NOS windshields for them.  

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

Some days I miss mine.  I think you need to go get it.

Mine went back to the Motherland to a guy that had like a dozen or more of them.  Went with a matching coat, cover and spare windshield too.  

Harlan probably has NOS windshields for them.  

I am kinda that way with my ltz 4 wheeler. I had one of the last ones built. I couldn’t sell it because of stupid people thinking it was the same as 2003. I dropped it off and my snowmobile dealer and said sell this thing it will take the right guy that knows what it is and that high price will be a steal for him. It took about 2 weeks. A guy came in to buy parts for his boat and saw it. Dealer said that guy looked it over, road it, looked it over again for for probably 2 hours. Finally said load it up I collect these things and I don’t have this model and it is 100% original and taken care of and bought it. Dealer told him the person that owned would replace anything that is questionable or brakes like his snowmobiles. It went to a good home. Where I am now in life I wish I still had it. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Not greg b said:

I am kinda that way with my ltz 4 wheeler. I had one of the last ones built. I couldn’t sell it because of stupid people thinking it was the same as 2003. I dropped it off and my snowmobile dealer and said sell this thing it will take the right guy that knows what it is and that high price will be a steal for him. It took about 2 weeks. A guy came in to buy parts for his boat and saw it. Dealer said that guy looked it over, road it, looked it over again for for probably 2 hours. Finally said load it up I collect these things and I don’t have this model and it is 100% original and taken care of and bought it. Dealer told him the person that owned would replace anything that is questionable or brakes like his snowmobiles. It went to a good home. Where I am now in life I wish I still had it. 

The guy brought his dad with him who was a life long Cat employee and this is the story I got.

Mine was a 1980 Trailcat 3000 "updated" to a 1981.

80 Trailcats were not selling great at dealers, so some sent their 80's back to have them "updated" to 81's. 

Graphics and seat, mainly.

I guess mine was one of the very few 3000's they updated to an 81.  There were to true 81 Trailcat 3000's.  

7 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

The guy brought his dad with him who was a life long Cat employee and this is the story I got.

Mine was a 1980 Trailcat 3000 "updated" to a 1981.

80 Trailcats were not selling great at dealers, so some sent their 80's back to have them "updated" to 81's. 

Graphics and seat, mainly.

I guess mine was one of the very few 3000's they updated to an 81.  There were to true 81 Trailcat 3000's.  

My dad was a dealer at that time and has said for years how much of a pos that sled was. I think I am going to buy it now just to mess with him 

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

The Cat order finally showed up today.  

$350 doesn't seem like it goes as far as it used to, but when weights are $63/each, that doesn't help.

Good god. However did you see the price of a speedwerx clutch kit for a catalyst? I about died 

2 minutes ago, Not greg b said:

Good god. However did you see the price of a speedwerx clutch kit for a catalyst? I about died 

Just direct replacements for one of the RXC Team clutches.  Originals are scalloped out.

I have not looked at anything for a Catalyst yet.  I know the offer letters went out last week to the racers that are getting them.

16 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

Just direct replacements for one of the RXC Team clutches.  Originals are scalloped out.

I have not looked at anything for a Catalyst yet.  I know the offer letters went out last week to the racers that are getting them.

$63 a pop for the stock weights?  ouch... 

have you tried adjustable weights of the same profile?

55 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

The Cat order finally showed up today.  

$350 doesn't seem like it goes as far as it used to, but when weights are $63/each, that doesn't help.

Well you wont race anyway, so the cost is mute. 

17 hours ago, racinfarmer said:

It’s almost 600 bucks after tax and shipping.