Check your account email address ×

New York Shootout

9 minutes ago, mnstang said:

The mach with that two step holeshot start program might be tough to be.  As nsp Rick taught me it's all about the 0-60'.

The holeshot option might not come due to chip shortage.  Someone mentioned it. 

24 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

The holeshot option might not come due to chip shortage.  Someone mentioned it. 

Maybe next year, oh wait it's a one year model if you believe that

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, SayatodaU.P.eh? said:

If Doo has anti-lag, the YamaCats won’t catch it in 1000’. By 1200-1320’ though, I’ll bet it’s a different story. 

Launch Mode activate

Also, as long as they supposedly toss them on a dyno it would be nice to publish dry weight straight out of the crate.

Cat riders got more weight from power steering and incredible 60th anniversary graphics and paint.

Let's toss the Yamaha marketing department in here as well.

Edited by Crnr2Crnr
Word adding

I noticed the lynx 600 enduro doesn't list weight either.  Do any of them?  Why are they so afraid to post weights?  Lame.

I know when the firecat (F7) came out, cat was very braggadocios about "power to weight".  Didn't hear much about that when twin spar came out or any sled afterwards

40 minutes ago, mnstang said:

I noticed the lynx 600 enduro doesn't list weight either.  Do any of them?  Why are they so afraid to post weights?  Lame.

I know when the firecat (F7) came out, cat was very braggadocios about "power to weight".  Didn't hear much about that when twin spar came out or any sled afterwards

Assume it's a little less than a similar MXZ, but the Enduro doesn't have estart like the RXC and Cross Country.

Wish they all would.  It's relevant in a straight line race.

Strength to weight which is an aspect that Cat may have in it's favor as their chassis has to cradle and Biden the weight of 2s & 4s engines, unlike Polaris which based on memory always listed the lowest dry weights.

Edited by Crnr2Crnr

1 hour ago, mnstang said:

Cat made a big deal out of how much less their mountain sleds weighed when loaded with snow, than the competitions sleds, a few years back. It was such a non deal breaker that they dropped it shortly thereafter. 

6 minutes ago, SayatodaU.P.eh? said:

Cat made a big deal out of how much less their mountain sleds weighed when loaded with snow, than the competitions sleds, a few years back. It was such a non deal breaker that they dropped it shortly thereafter. 

When does the patent end?

2 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

Assume it's a little less than a similar MXZ, but the Enduro doesn't have estart like the RXC and Cross Country.

Wish they all would.  It's relevant in a straight line race.

Strength to weight which is an aspect that Cat may have in it's favor as their chassis has to cradle and Biden the weight of 2s & 4s engines, unlike Polaris which based on memory always listed the lowest dry weights.

It's relevant in every single part of riding, not just straight line racing

2 minutes ago, mnstang said:

It's relevant in every single part of riding, not just straight line racing

true, but would you be willing to sacrifice added weight for additional durability? (assuming one or the conditions they ride in is actually physically hard on their machine.)

speaking for myself, I'd prefer a little piece of mind and a happy balance between the two with an added nod towards durability in a short riding season.  this said, if the chassis is a real performer and you had to add bracing structure to it would that trouble you?  we've seen this play out previously with Doo's and Poo's, and the b-Last as they aren't initially engineered for the rigors of racing or perpetual abuse.

give

take

?

3 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

true, but would you be willing to sacrifice added weight for additional durability? (assuming one or the conditions they ride in is actually physically hard on their machine.)

speaking for myself, I'd prefer a little piece of mind and a happy balance between the two with an added nod towards durability in a short riding season.  this said, if the chassis is a real performer and you had to add bracing structure to it would that trouble you?  we've seen this play out previously with Doo's and Poo's, and the b-Last as they aren't initially engineered for the rigors of racing or perpetual abuse.

give

take

?

Do they make bracing kits for the blasts? I think my new winter goal is find one on copart and build a blast “RR” with good shocks and a ZR front end.

7 hours ago, Palu49 said:

Do they make bracing kits for the blasts? I think my new winter goal is find one on copart and build a blast “RR” with good shocks and a ZR front end.

https://www.arcticinsider.com/tech-tip-upgrading-your-blast-zr-for-competition/

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

give

take

?

Just because something is heavy doesn't mean it's durable and just because something is light doesn't mean it's not durable.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/11/2021 at 4:29 PM, mnstang said:

I know the lynx in general are heavier than the skidoos. One of the big thing the dealer pointed out when I was shopping for one. They use beefed up parts in them 

4 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

Doo, making things interesting...

That's only about 20 HP down for the turbo four stroke class (and ugly).  Congrats to them for closing the gap to a mere 20hp.

• Like 1