Check your account email address ×

Minnesota State Rep. John Thompson (D)

He's not even a MN resident. Love how it's the law that you need a front license plate here in MN, but if you get pulled over for it, you must be racially profiling? 

If you don't want people getting pulled over for that, or air fresheners hanging from mirror, etc, then change the law. Don't hassle the ones enforcing it.

Edited by akvanden
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, akvanden said:

He's not even a MN resident. Love how it's the law that you need a front license plate here in MN, but if you get pulled over for it, you must be racially profiling? 

If you don't want people getting pulled over for that, or air fresheners hanging from mirror, etc, then change the law. Don't hassle the ones enforcing it.

It blows my mind that it is up to the location you file in to decide if they want to verify your place of residence in this state.  Some places will verify it, some will say it is on the candidate when they sign the paperwork to run.

No matter what, he is breaking the law in either MN or WI, or both, in addition to all the other shit he has been charged with.

And the DFL leadership just releases a press statement that they are "disappointed" in him...

I use the term "Victim Mentality". 

It is a mindset that perpetuates the situation.  As long as you believe someone else is the cause of your problem, you do nothing to improve your situation.

His pile of excuses is long and tried making it longer.  He has had opportunities and choices to make along the way.  Quite a few of those choices (done correctly), would have changed the situation.

DWB is real.  I've seen it plenty.  It shouldn't happen, but it is real.  In this situation, it has been brought in as an excuse for bad choices.  We are watching the "Victim Mentality" eat up an opportunity. 

It's time to own up or complain.  I'm curious to see which path he takes.  The outcomes are already playing for either choice.

Edited by favoritos
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, favoritos said:

I use the term "Victim Mentality". 

It is a mindset that perpetuates the situation.  As long as you believe someone else is the cause of your problem, you do nothing to improve your situation.

His pile of excuses is long and tried making it longer.  He has had opportunities and choices to make along the way.  Quite a few of those choices (done correctly), would have changed the situation.

DWB is real.  I've seen it plenty.  It shouldn't happen, but it is real.  In this situation, it has been brought in as an excuse for bad choices.  We are watching the "Victim Mentality" eat up an opportunity. 

It's time to own up or complain.  I'm curious to see which path he takes.  The outcomes are already playing for either choice.

Here is what he has going on off the top of my head:

-Holds office in MN, but has a WI driver's license he renewed as late as 2020.

-No front plate on car in MN (illegal) - MN plates or WI plates?  Accused officer of profiling.

-Obstruction trial from when he tried to rush off-limits ER rooms at North Memorial.

-Protesting in front of a private resident in Hugo - threatened to burn house down with minors were inside.

-Domestic assault caseS, some in the presence of minors.  At least one included fleeing the scene and resisting arrest.

-Exposing himself

-Child support issues

Eventually, you can't play the victim card anymore.

I like how most of the local media is running cover on this.

• Like 1

If he was a cracker it would 100% have been treated much diff . But in today's world you can not go after this guy that would be racist and just another attempt to keep a brother down . Bon fires 🔥would  follow 

4 hours ago, Ez ryder said:

If he was a cracker it would 100% have been treated much diff . But in today's world you can not go after this guy that would be racist and just another attempt to keep a brother down . Bon fires 🔥would  follow 

My guess is it is a 2 way street with this guy.

They could run a moldy eggplant fruit from Tangier in his district and as long as there is a (D) behind the name, it'll win.

18 minutes ago, akvanden said:

The Governor is asking him to resign now.

Wow - I can’t believe they are actually taking a stance against this guy.  In listening to a local podcast from Friday (Garagelogic.com) they had Rev Tim Christopher on and he thought the pushback from trying to remove him would backfire in the ‘community’ he represents - guess we’ll find out!  

2 hours ago, akvanden said:

The Governor is asking him to resign now.

But not over the laws he broke concerning residency but over abuse charges he was never convicted of yrs ago . Both fucked up but why not go after acctual current laws being broken? 

• Like 1

On 7/18/2021 at 11:29 AM, Ez ryder said:

But not over the laws he broke concerning residency but over abuse charges he was never convicted of yrs ago . Both fucked up but why not go after acctual current laws being broken? 

And now Johnny is putting up a fight to stay in his elected throne.

• Gold Member

This whole thing is sickening, talk about the voter fraud that doesn't happen - this guy is proof positive that it happens and they need arrest him on it, go to trial and throw him in jail - that would get him out of office and maybe - just maybe send a message to others!  MN's AG would never go for that though.....

• Like 2

The best part of his lies - he claims to have that separate address over fear of retaliation or what ever for his actions in Hugo last August when trying to run for that state seat.  Oh Ok John, but you had to file to run for office by JUNE 2ND in MN, a full 2 MONTHS before your actions in August....

11 minutes ago, teamgreen02 said:

That and his perpetual victim status he needs to maintain.

Can’t be in that party without one!

Remember when all those celebrities came out about being sexually abused as children within weeks of each other?  Yuh….get in the game!

And he has been found guilty in his obstruction case and judge hands down a stayed sentence.  

Meanwhile, DFL leaders are calling for him to resign, yet she won't take action until after the trial is done.

Guess it is done.

12 hours ago, racinfarmer said:

And he has been found guilty in his obstruction case and judge hands down a stayed sentence.  

Meanwhile, DFL leaders are calling for him to resign, yet she won't take action until after the trial is done.

Guess it is done.

What a fucking joke.

House Speaker Melissa Hortman, DFL-Brooklyn Park, on Wednesday told House Minority Leader Kurt Daudt, R-Crown that she would not take action against Thompson while his criminal trial was still open and would defer to the House Ethics Committee in the interim.

BTW, I doubt the WI AG will do anything regarding this:

That prompted critics to call for an investigation into his residency. The Minnesota Police and Peace Officers Association asked the Wisconsin Attorney General to consider perjury charges against Thompson for signing a form attesting that the Wisconsin address he gave was correct.