Check your account email address ×

** Official DOW 30,000 and TNW Challenge Thread **

1 hour ago, Polaris 550 said:

Hey guys, let's who has his, BIG BOY PANTS on!!

OK, lets start at 1 million, TNW.

Anybody here got over that amount??? 

1 hour ago, Polaris 550 said:

Hey guys, let's who has his, BIG BOY PANTS on!!

OK, lets start at 1 million, TNW.

Anybody here got over that amount??? 

Ur just going to lie at anyrate  !!!

3 hours ago, ArcticCrusher said:

It definitely shows the time now is for active management.  On the bold, thats the line the lousy advisors use, cause they can't justify it.:lol:

Not when I'm showing them the chart of their investment performance for the past 5 years, which is after any and all fees.  

3 hours ago, teamgreen02 said:

Many think that active managers limit loses in a down market.  I personally don't put much stake in that, especially after fees.

Fidelity Contrafund up 15.06% YTD, Fidelity 500 Index FXAIX up 16.96%.  Tack on the expense ratio of 0.86% vs 0.015% and it is even worse.  1 year performance is even better for the S&P.

I don't look at much outside the 10 year performance.  Either fund here is good.

image.thumb.png.17bfe8ec77c1d557cb3b40155c9b3a64.png

We could compare charts all day long, I put up one fund as an example.  Hindsight is easy.  If all you want to do is get into an S+P index, put all your money into VOO.  The average investor who did that would be freaking out the past couple weeks if they did that, so its important to pack in some balance, or negatively correlated investments.  We never quote or share charts unless its after fees.  Its the volatility and the impact on various indexes where the average investor goes awry.  The worst year MFS growth has ever had is -4 point something, when the overall DJIA was down over 10%, its one of the best large cap funds available on that measure.  And its up near the top of any good GI fund in annualized, so I'd disagree, down markets count too. If you're a tactical investor, good luck.  Most will do best over time with a professionally managed systematically rebalanced account, according to a Vanguard study, the king of low fees....by about 2.5% according to their own data.  And your chart likely shows a front loaded share class vs. a managed fiduciary account.  FA's aren't for everyone, if you follow investments, have your own ideas, follow it daily, knock yourself out.  I've learned to identify the people who just want to pick my brain, when they come in and start hitting me up for information and resources that I have access too.  Here's my card, call me if I can help you.   :lol:  :bc: 

49 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

You haven't lived until you've spent a decade playing 3x leveraged shit, and biotech. 

Unless you're formally trained with experience in a large wirehouse or brokerage, its generally a fools errand.  I manage other peoples money but am not a hedge fund manager, so its the last thing I'm involved in.  :lol: 

Edited by DriftBusta

15 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

Not when I'm showing them the chart of their investment performance for the past 5 years, which is after any and all fees.  

We could compare charts all day long, I put up one fund as an example.  Hindsight is easy.  If all you want to do is get into an S+P index, put all your money into VOO.  The average investor who did that would be freaking out the past couple weeks if they did that, so its important to pack in some balance, or negatively correlated investments.  We never quote or share charts unless its after fees.  Its the volatility and the impact on various indexes where the average investor goes awry.  The worst year MFS growth has ever had is -4 point something, when the overall DJIA was down over 10%, its one of the best large cap funds available on that measure.  And its up near the top of any good GI fund in annualized, so I'd disagree, down markets count too. If you're a tactical investor, good luck.  Most will do best over time with a professionally managed systematically rebalanced account, according to a Vanguard study, the king of low fees....by about 2.5% according to their own data.  And your chart likely shows a front loaded share class vs. a managed fiduciary account.  FA's aren't for everyone, if you follow investments, have your own ideas, follow it daily, knock yourself out.  I've learned to identify the people who just want to pick my brain, when they come in and start hitting me up for information and resources that I have access too.  Here's my card, call me if I can help you.   :lol:  :bc: 

Unless you're formally trained with experience in a large wirehouse or brokerage, its generally a fools errand.  I manage other peoples money but am not a hedge fund manager, so its the last thing I'm involved in.  :lol: 

Your doing good.:thumbsup:

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

Lol a million tnw what are you 30 

I said we'll start at one million. 

You got over one mill?

Sometimes I think you might have dyslexia.  :dunno::wtf:

1 minute ago, Polaris 550 said:

I said we'll start at one million. 

You got over one mill?

Sometimes I think you might have dyslexia.  :dunno::wtf:

Again tnw if you don't have that by your mid 30s you are doing somthing wrong 

7 hours ago, DriftBusta said:

Fidelity Contrafund is one of their better funds.  Set it and forget it.  :bc: 

I had to take RMDs for my Roth, Roth Ira's. Three accounts...all three were FIDELITY CONTRAFUND. 

7 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

Of course I do prop no one on this board wo dose not have a mill tnw 

OK, folks, so we have :

EZ ryder at over one mill!!

OK, who's next? 

1 minute ago, 800renegaderider said:

Are you trying to make a list of all member who have more tnw than you? Make it easy for ya the answer is everyone

Yeah, go ahead, what's your TNW?  

Only one member has responded so far.  

10 hours ago, Polaris 550 said:

I had to take RMDs for my Roth, Roth Ira's. Three accounts...all three were FIDELITY CONTRAFUND. 

You don't have to take RMDs from a Roth account.  And why would you have 3 Roths, when you're retired?  :lol: 

2 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

You don't have to take RMDs from a Roth account.  And why would you have 3 Roths, when you're retired?  :lol: 

I had to take from one of the Roth IRAS. I only have two Roths. One of them I don't have to take RMDs. 

16 minutes ago, Polaris 550 said:

I had to take from one of the Roth IRAS. I only have two Roths. One of them I don't have to take RMDs. 

You DO NOT take RMDs from a Roth IRA.  You're thinking of a traditional IRA.  You can leave money in a Roth as long as you want.  Thats the beauty of them.

30 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

You DO NOT take RMDs from a Roth IRA.  You're thinking of a traditional IRA.  You can leave money in a Roth as long as you want.  Thats the beauty of them.

Tell that to Fidelity. I have to take from that Roth. 

1 hour ago, DriftBusta said:

I just tried to send you a PM, with a pic of my account, and the RMD, but you have my PMs blocked.