Check your account email address ×

Former McDonald's CEO warns $15 minimum wage directly contributing to fast-food industry's automation push

21 minutes ago, motonoggin said:

If all these low-wage jobs are just for kids, why are those businesses open during school hours?

College kids, work program kids, and of course, the ones that never seemed to figure out.  Let’s not forget the low/no skilled labor pool.  Never any shortage of those.

But here’s the deal you and yours never figure out, many of these companies pay a decent pay wage for those that show ambition.  My daughter’s boss at McDonalds years ago was a HS drop out and at 21, was making close to 30k.  

7 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

College kids, work program kids, and of course, the ones that never seemed to figure out.  Let’s not forget the low/no skilled labor pool.  Never any shortage of those.

But here’s the deal you and yours never figure out, many of these companies pay a decent pay wage for those that show ambition.  My daughter’s boss at McDonalds years ago was a HS drop out and at 21, was making close to 30k.  

I guarantee.  If I went to one of those mc Donalds protests and said.  I will make up the difference for the week.  Fifteen dollars a hour,  lets get you started right now. I wouldn’t have one taker.  

5 minutes ago, Cold War said:

I guarantee.  If I went to one of those mc Donalds protests and said.  I will make up the difference for the week.  Fifteen dollars a hour,  lets get you started right now. I wouldn’t have one taker.  

Nope!  Or how about this, take the job then, get a guaranteed $15/he after one year.  Again, NOPE!

Fucking lazy losers....being validated daily by the half-witted rhetoric memes they just gush over on the little media pages.

1 hour ago, Cold War said:

aMILioN dOLlerS A wEEk !!!!!!!

When you have small businesses you have billions.  It is just taking your wheel barrel full of cash to the bank on Friday.  Sweet fuck!   :lol:

You're putting words in my mouth. 

1 hour ago, Zambroski said:

Again you resort to the tired old emotional merit argument. 

The economic math doesn't care if you think someone isn't worth what they'd need to be paid in order to stop running the economy on a giant credit card. 

2 minutes ago, motonoggin said:

Again you resort to the tired old emotional merit argument. 

The economic math doesn't care if you think someone isn't worth what they'd need to be paid in order to stop running the economy on a giant credit card. 

“Tired old MERIT argument”?  :lol:

”What somebody needs”. Hmmmm....  

Needs are not equal to earned worth.  And “needs” do not mean an abundance of pay for things not intended to be supported by these low wage jobs.  Complacency, like laziness, doesn’t get rewarded anywhere for very long.  

1 hour ago, Zambroski said:

Nope!  Or how about this, take the job then, get a guaranteed $15/he after one year.  Again, NOPE!

Fucking lazy losers....being validated daily by the half-witted rhetoric memes they just gush over on the little media pages.

Im sick of hearing it.  You know how many business owners around here dipped into their own pockets to keep paying their employees when it all shut down ?  These aren’t millionaires  

My 27 year old son in law just bought a HellCat last week.  HS diploma , did what he had to do to get foot in the door.  After 3 years with the company, they were willing to pay him what he was worth so he didn’t leave. Now is running his own dealership.  Guy would show up for work if his dick fell off.  He wasn’t sitting in his moms fucking basement worrying about what they pay at MC Donalds .  🙄

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Cold War said:

Im sick of hearing it.  You know how many business owners around here dipped into their own pockets to keep paying their employees when it all shut down ?  These aren’t millionaires  

My 27 year old son in law just bought a HellCat last week.  HS diploma , did what he had to do to get foot in the door.  After 3 years with the company, they were willing to pay him what he was worth so he didn’t leave. Now is running his own dealership.  Guy would show up for work if his dick fell off.  He wasn’t sitting in his moms fucking basement worrying about what they pay at MC Donalds .  🙄

Ambition is quickly admonished these days.    Those who show fortitude, take the risks and succeed are now the enemy.

Bizarro world.

• Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

“Tired old MERIT argument”?  :lol:

”What somebody needs”. Hmmmm....  

Needs are not equal to earned worth.  And “needs” do not mean an abundance of pay for things not intended to be supported by these low wage jobs.  Complacency, like laziness, doesn’t get rewarded anywhere for very long.  

More emotional arguments. 

The economic math remains the same.

Just now, motonoggin said:

More emotional arguments. 

The economic math remains the same.

I’m not emotional at all....not in the least.  This isn’t really an argument because you are wrong in your argument and in your “math”.

It’s really that simple....and adorable.  :lmao:

8 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

I’m not emotional at all....not in the least.  This isn’t really an argument because you are wrong in your argument and in your “math”.

It’s really that simple....and adorable.  :lmao:

You've done nothing here besides share your shitty opinion. 

That doesn't change the macroeconomic reality. 

5 minutes ago, motonoggin said:

You've done nothing here besides share your shitty opinion. 

That doesn't change the macroeconomic reality. 

My opinions definitely reflect realty more than yours which, most would say is bizarre, doom fantasy. See?  This is the “adorable” part!  

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

My opinions definitely reflect realty more than yours which, most would say is bizarre, doom fantasy. See?  This is the “adorable” part!  

I'm not stating an economic opinion, these are just facts. 

This is like you having a difference of opinion with gravity. 

53 minutes ago, motonoggin said:

Derpski is well within the difference of opinion with gravity crowd

2 hours ago, motonoggin said:

LOL....and what “economic opinion” is that?  

1 hour ago, f7ben said:

Derpski is well within the difference of opinion with gravity crowd

Excellent!  The other half of the disenfranchised half-witted duo arrives!  :lol:

9 hours ago, Zambroski said:

Excellent!  The other half of the disenfranchised half-witted duo arrives!  :lol:

You won't think so if you need to figure out how many 2x4s to get out of a log... :lol:

9 hours ago, Zambroski said:

I would like to know his opinion why the stagnant wages in the United States are so much higher than say the stagnant wages in Mexico or other countries.  But moto only complains about the US.  I guess that is what happens when those wages have led to the highest income and best middle class of any other country in the world.  Wow.

Edited by racer254

Just now, racer254 said:

I would like to know why the stagnant wages in the United States are so much higher than say the stagnant wages in Mexico or other countries.  But moto only complains about the US.  I guess that is what happens when those wages have led to the highest income and best middle class of any other country in the world.  Wow.

Yeah, you fucking dipshit, I live in the US, not Mexico.

The mythical middle class is shrinking, and has been for 40 years. Most people are working poor, some just try and maintain the illusion that they're middle class. These same people also think that higher wages for themselves is a good thing, but bad if someone else makes more. They're completely bamboozled by capitalist propaganda intended to keep them passive and fighting on behalf of the real owners of this country. 

Stagnant aggregate worker wages have a lot to do with  a shrinking middle class. You can deflect and deny that in order to fool yourself into not believing reality, but your emotional pleas do not change the economic reality created by 4 decades of wage stagnation. 

I mean, it's pretty fucking simple.

You either like massive debt propping up an illusory economy, or you don't.

Do you like it racer? Zderpski? Woolie Magoo? HM?

You guys must love all this debt because you're tacitly endorsing it by demonstrating opposition to rising aggregate wages, right? 

It's a weird stance to take given that, traditionally, "conservatives" have opposed massive debt...

4 minutes ago, motonoggin said:

Yeah, you fucking dipshit, I live in the US, not Mexico.

The mythical middle class is shrinking, and has been for 40 years. Most people are working poor, some just try and maintain the illusion that they're middle class. These same people also think that higher wages for themselves is a good thing, but bad if someone else makes more. They're completely bamboozled by capitalist propaganda intended to keep them passive and fighting on behalf of the real owners of this country. 

Stagnant aggregate worker wages have a lot to do with  a shrinking middle class. You can deflect and deny that in order to fool yourself into not believing reality, but your emotional pleas do not change the economic reality created by 4 decades of wage stagnation. 

You can always tell when a person can't provide facts to back their position....name calling start happening.  I don't think you have any clue as to what happens with your way of thinking....there will be NO MIDDLE CLASS.  Just a poor and rich class.  You have blinders on.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, motonoggin said:

I mean, it's pretty fucking simple.

You either like massive debt propping up an illusory economy, or you don't.

Do you like it racer? Zderpski? Woolie Magoo? HM?

You guys must love all this debt because you're tacitly endorsing it by demonstrating opposition to rising aggregate wages, right? 

It's a weird stance to take given that, traditionally, "conservatives" have opposed massive debt...

Yes, all the conservatives you just listed LOVE MASSIVE DEBT.  That is why you constantly see these people promoting the conservative ideas of stimulus checks and 4 trillion dollar stimulus and care packages.  That is why the people you listed are constantly wanting more foreign aid and more money for unemployment.  LOL.  Boy you really have it all figured out.

21 minutes ago, racer254 said:

You can always tell when a person can't provide facts to back their position....name calling start happening.  I don't think you have any clue as to what happens with your way of thinking....there will be NO MIDDLE CLASS.  Just a poor and rich class.  You have blinders on.

That's what's happening right now, buddy. Wake up. I've provided lots of facts, you're getting called names because you choose to remain ignorant. That's dipshit behavior. 

40 years of stagnant wages, massive debt, and concentration of wealth have created the largest gap between the rich and poor in the history of this country. 

You are in complete denial of reality. Stop with the fairy tales and deal with it. 

Edited by motonoggin