Check your account email address ×

Sears (RIP) sells Craftsman tool brand to Stanley

I bust Craftsman sockets all the time and they always replaced them. The old made in US ones were much better. I always grab whatever old Craftsman stuff I find at flea markets or yard sales as its better quality.

Stanley makes nothing in the US anymore if I recall. Same thing if you find old Stanley stuff buy it.

56 minutes ago, 01mxz800 said:

I have got mostly Craftsman but have bought some of the professional tools from Stanley also and think they are as good or better than the Craftsman and having Stanely aquire the Craftsman line will be a win win for both brands

My local ACE started selling Craftsman a year or so ago. I will never buy another Snap-on-, Matco hand tool again. The only reason I spent the extra money was for the convenience of them coming to me.  Acting like they are doing me a favor, they can take their over price shit and shove it.

42 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

I've used Craftsmen tools since my dad bought me my first ratchet set at 16.  Have thousands of bucks worth.  Never had a problem...ever.  Fucked up some screwdrivers along the way and returned for credit toward new.  IMO...top notch.

I still have the $99 kit I bought as a kid, still in tact, other than a few lost sockets I had to replace. I never break tools. 

Edited by Cold War

13 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

I bust Craftsman sockets all the time and they always replaced them. The old made in US ones were much better. I always grab whatever old Craftsman stuff I find at flea markets or yard sales as its better quality.

Stanley makes nothing in the US anymore if I recall. Same thing if you find old Stanley stuff buy it.

All of the companies are making the shit overseas. We have a box full of 20-30 yr old Snap on shit. The new stuff is not the same.

Old craftsman, CP,  is better than new Snap on.

1 minute ago, Cold War said:

All of the companies are making the shit overseas. We have a box full of 20-30 yr old Snap on shit. The new stuff is not the same.

Old craftsman, CP,  is better than new Snap on.

I agree thats what I look for at flea markets and yard sales....old 50's and 60's Craftsman

2 hours ago, Cold War said:

I have mostly all Craftsman at home.  decent quality- good price.

X2 , but I don't buy anything from them anymore

2 hours ago, 02sled said:

I am guessing the lifetime guarantee on Craftsman hand tools will continue. Most of what I have is Craftsman

Their exchange policy is garbage now.  I took a long handle 1/2 drive swivel head rachet back a couple years ago that had stripped gears and they gavee a refurbished one.  Was a complete piece of shit.  Took it back and I told them to give me a new one, not another refurbished piece of junk.  They did.

1 hour ago, hwytohell said:

Nice job Mr. Trump :news:

14 minutes ago, Dave said:

I buy most of my tools from Canadian Tire these days.

I had a real nice 1/4 drive ratchet from S-K tools. The day i broke it I almost cried. Couldn't get a replacement. Any way bought a Mastercraft for $11 and it's been great. Had to replace the first one, no questions asked. The second one has been good. Can't beat it for $11 and a lifetime warranty.

Edited by 2strokemerc
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, 2strokemerc said:

I had a real nice 1/4 drive ratchet from S-K tools. The day i broke it I almost cried. Couldn't get a replacement. Any way bought a Mastercraft for $11 and it's been great. Had to replace the first one, no questions asked. The second one has been good. Can't beat it for $11 and a lifetime warranty.

http://www.skhandtool.com/support.aspx

26 minutes ago, hwytohell said:

Thanks but it's been a few years now. I have a 3/8" S-K set as well. Very good tools. The day i broke the ratchet I wasn't thinking. Put a big pipe on the handle and the head exploded. No way they were going to replace it, it had been abused. Should have gone up to 3/8 breaker bar but was too lazy. The pipe was close at hand.

5 minutes ago, Woodtick said:

I have a lot of Proto, owned by Stanley,made in USA . I've been having good luck with Husky from Home Depot for cheep stuff. Crapsman hasn't made professional grade tools in years.

I would imagine you would need every tool imaginable owning an H3. ;)

4 minutes ago, Woodtick said:

I own a lot of Klien as well. My Jeep is in the shop more than the 3. 

Youre probably harder on the jeep. ;)

I use to buy alot of klien back in  the day.

Edited by Dave

2 minutes ago, Dave said:

Youre probably harder on the jeep. ;)

I use to buy alot of klien back in  the day.

The wife drives the Jeep, most Jeeps are driven by woman. :pc: Most of the supply houses I deal with have Klien on their shelves. Home Depot has some in the elect dept, but not the complete line.

3 minutes ago, Woodtick said:

The wife drives the Jeep, most Jeeps are driven by woman. :pc: Most of the supply houses I deal with have Klien on their shelves. Home Depot has some in the elect dept, but not the complete line.

All H3s are driven by woman....except yours i guess.:true:

7 hours ago, 02sled said:

There was a time you could buy a Craftsman home as well.

there are 3 in Minneapolis . I have worked in 1. they came more or less in 3 ft x 3 ft steel cubes u bolted together. decades ahead of there time. pretty cool homes really sort of ww2 ramblerish .

any Minneapolis guys have prob driven by 1 hundred times and not known. on cedar prob 1/2 mi before getting to 62 block or so after super America teal green up on hill u can tell by the enamel steel cube ext

I had to practicly beg the woman not to demo the kitchen . all enamel steel cabs very art deco

Edited by Ez ryder