Check your account email address ×

Ford Motor cancels $ 1.6 billion mexican plant , Will expand and invest in Flat Rock MI plant

1 minute ago, SVT Renegade XRS said:

After years of receiving favorable contracts leading up to Ford's financial woes that began in 2007, the UAW rebalanced its health-care costs and improved performance in manufacturing plants, he said. 

so they cut heath care and less fucking around on the job? :news:

:lol::bc: 

1 hour ago, Zambroski said:

Yep.

If memory serves me correctly, Ford was the last hold out on a bail out from Obama because they wouldn't bow to the conditions and regulations attached to it.  So Obama pushed all the regs through anyway to be applied to all manus.  Ford got fucked.  Actually, they all did.  They all agreed to thier own set of "terms" attached to their bail money and Obama fucked them anyway.   And that's why they are leaving. or..were leaving.

"Obama....business and economic mastermind!"

Mulligan....mulligan....mulligan....mulligan.....mulliigan...................mulligan...

Related image

As usual, your memory is wrong, Alan Mulally Ford CEO lobbied congress for the money to bail out GM and Chrysler, and asked for a loan to retool and relieve Ford during uncertain times.

Just now, 1jkw said:

As usual, your memory is wrong, Alan Mulally Ford CEO lobbied congress for the money to bail out GM and Chrysler, and asked for a loan to retool and relieve Ford during uncertain times.

Fucking "Kill Ratio"..... :lol:

And as usual, your reading comp sucks!  I didn't say they didn't take anything, I said they were the "last hold out".  Pay attention.  45,000 to 1 :lol:

1 hour ago, Zambroski said:

Yep.  Wayyyyyy before the announcement to do it too.

No...just saving face.  You think the CEO of Ford is gonna say "Trump scared us so we're staying"?  Why would they do that, how does that help their marketing efforts?

Pick one that is more beneficially marketable:

• We are staying in the US to provide good paying jobs for the hard working American worker.

OR

• We are staying because the new regulations and costs coming up aren't worth the expenditures to leave.

More than likely. they know Trump is going to throw out the ridiculous new CAFE standards that were set  to go in effect.

If Hillary had won, they would of  had banked on that not happening and  shit boxes being viable.  

3 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Fucking "Kill Ratio"..... :lol:

And as usual, your reading comp sucks!  I didn't say they didn't take anything, I said they were the "last hold out".  Pay attention.  45,000 to 1 :lol:

Mulally didn't hold out for shit he asked for a loan and got one, not through TARP.

I know you claim to be smart( never have seen any proof of it) please explain how 3 American dead and 45,000 killed isis fighters is 45,000 to1, and you also claimed kill ratio wasn't used anymore by the military, but this came from the Pentagon.

But keep up with your deflections, non answers and long posts that say nothing, you sure are good at it. 

8 minutes ago, 1jkw said:

Mulally didn't hold out for shit he asked for a loan and got one, not through TARP.

I know you claim to be smart( never have seen any proof of it) please explain how 3 American dead and 45,000 killed isis fighters is 45,000 to1, and you also claimed kill ratio wasn't used anymore by the military, but this came from the Pentagon.

But keep up with your deflections, non answers and long posts that say nothing, you sure are good at it. 

Jesus.  Isis fighters have never been more than 35,000.  So we killed a few twice?  Or did we kill one an extra 10,000 times?  That'd learn that mutha!  And were they all US kills?:lol:And the term "kill ratio" are no longer officially part of US Military doctrine.  And if it were...nobody in their right fucking mind would ever publish a kill ratio of 45,000:1 for Isis vs. US.  Wait....did you get that from one of Obama's admin lackeys?  Ahhhh....that is understandable.

Oh...and I've never "claimed to be smart".  Never.  And if i did, what "proof" would satisfy you?  Rhetorical.

9 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Jesus.  Isis fighters have never been more than 35,000.  So we killed a few twice?  Or did we kill one an extra 10,000 times?  That'd learn that mutha!  And were they all US kills?:lol:And the term "kill ratio" are no longer officially part of US Military doctrine.  And if it were...nobody in their right fucking mind would ever publish a kill ratio of 45,000:1 for Isis vs. US.  Wait....did you get that from one of Obama's admin lackeys?  Ahhhh....that is understandable.

Oh...and I've never "claimed to be smart".  Never.  And if i did, what "proof" would satisfy you?  Rhetorical.

It was a pentagon report, and again (THREE Americans killed),  (3 Americans killed), compared to 45,000 isis is not  45,000 to one and Obama was blamed for under reporting the number of isis fighters.

And this has nothing to do with your false statement about Alan Mulally holding out, he didn't, he got a loan but not thru TARP Ford was not in the trouble the other companies were, so the loan didn't come from TARP.

5 minutes ago, 1jkw said:

It was a pentagon report, and again (THREE Americans killed),  (3 Americans killed), compared to 45,000 isis is not  45,000 to one and Obama was blamed for under reporting the number of isis fighters.

And this has nothing to do with your false statement about Alan Mulally holding out, he didn't, he got a loan but not thru TARP Ford was not in the trouble the other companies were, so the loan didn't come from TARP.

Just admit you were wrong.  It's easier and then we can move on.  Otherwise, your back peddling may never stop.  Hard work isn't it?

And my statement wasn't wrong, your comprehension is.  

53 minutes ago, 1jkw said:

Ford didn't take money to keep out of bankruptcy, unlike GM and Fiat. 

Many other car companies here in the US also got similar "loans" just like Ford did. 

4 minutes ago, SVT Renegade XRS said:

Ford didn't take money to keep out of bankruptcy, unlike GM and Fiat. 

Many other car companies here in the US also got similar "loans" just like Ford did. 

Yes you are correct, Ford did not apply for TARP money because they didn't qualify for it, it wasn't that they held out like Z said

12 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Just admit you were wrong.  It's easier and then we can move on.  Otherwise, your back peddling may never stop.  Hard work isn't it?

And my statement wasn't wrong, your comprehension is.  

I only posted what was claimed by the Pentagon,   And you keep saying 45,000 to 1 and it wasn't, you keep trying to be right and you are not even close, you have made every excuse you can come up with, you said kill ratio was normally 30 to 35 to1. If there were 35,000 or 10,000 the kill ratio is far better than what you claimed  was normal and that was the original discussion was.

Divide 45,000 by 3 and see what you come up with.

3 minutes ago, 1jkw said:

I only posted what was claimed by the Pentagon,   And you keep saying 45,000 to 1 and it wasn't, you keep trying to be right and you are not even close, you have made every excuse you can come up with, you said kill ratio was normally 30 to 35 to1. If there were 35,000 or 10,000 the kill ratio is far better than what you claimed  was normal and that was the original discussion was.

Divide 45,000 by 3 and see what you come up with.

Jist stop before you embarrass yourself....more.

17 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Jist stop before you embarrass yourself....more.

Just keep deflecting and when that doesn't work say you could explain it but won't.

Face it you're a less obnoxious sr, just as much a hack who believes his own bs, and has no facts to back up his claims.

Malally  wasn't a holdout like you claimed, he didn't ask for TARP money, he asked for a loan and got it, sorry the facts prove your memory wrong.

15 minutes ago, 1jkw said:

Just keep deflecting and when that doesn't work say you could explain it but won't.

Face it you're a less obnoxious sr, just as much a hack who believes his own bs, and has no facts to back up his claims.

Malally  wasn't a holdout like you claimed, he didn't ask for TARP money, he asked for a loan and got it, sorry the facts prove your memory wrong.

Oh for Christ's sake.  I said he was a holdout referring to money.  Meaning the last one you imbecile.  I don't give a fuck about what avenue he took to get it or how it was purposed.

The rest of your shit is old ass-hurt from your "45,000-1 kill ratio" argument I debunked you on (easily), then you continued to defend it on mutilple occassions.  Then you denied it, then you denied you defended it.  So, I reposted it proving you claimed it. ...then fucking defended it!  

So, pretty sure I can back up all of it and can also back up any claim I make here with some simile of intelligence and knowledge. And if I am proven wrong, I am man enough to admit it and accept it.  I don't keep rattling on and on while I backpeddle like some ass-backwards, butt-hurt mental midget.  Or, to shorten that, a Democrat.

So, SBYL and STFU.  I'm not doing the "45,000-1 kill ratio" argument again with you.

3 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Oh for Christ's sake.  I said he was a holdout referring to money.  Meaning the last one you imbecile.  I don't give a fuck about what avenue he took to get it or how it was purposed.

The rest of your shit is old ass-hurt from your "45,000-1 kill ratio" argument I debunked you on (easily), then you continued to defend it on mutilple occassions.  Then you denied it, then you denied you defended it.  So, I reposted it proving you claimed it. ...then fucking defended it!  

So, pretty sure I can back up all of it and can also back up any claim I make here with some simile of intelligence and knowledge. And if I am proven wrong, I am man enough to admit it and accept it.  I don't keep rattling on and on while I backpeddle like some ass-backwards, butt-hurt mental midget.  Or, to shorten that, a Democrat.

So, SBYL and STFU.  I'm not doing the "45,000-1 kill ratio" argument again with you.

You said they held out because of regulation and conditions, in my best DT voice WRONG!

45,000 divided by 3 = 15,000 or 15,000 to 1. Not 45,000 to 1 so as usual you were proven wrong and just can't admit it.

2 minutes ago, 1jkw said:

You said they held out because of regulation and conditions, in my best DT voice WRONG!

45,000 divided by 3 = 15,000 or 15,000 to 1. Not 45,000 to 1 so as usual you were proven wrong and just can't admit it.

Ok...let's skip your 45,000:1 shit.  I don't have that level of idiocy debunking in me again.

Ok, so here's what I tried to relay of my memory;  I remembered, Ford was the "hold out" on money from the government meaning they were the last to receive it.  I don't care what they did it for or what they used it for.  And again, to my knowledge their lobbying for it came with terms and conditions they were not wanting to accept to initially take the funds.  

Now, where am I wrong?

4 hours ago, Snoslinger said:

from the link....

"The automaker would have made the same decision even without Trump’s involvement, Fields told Bloomberg Television today. U.S. buyers are simply not as interested in the small cars that are being built in Mexico, while electric vehicles and hybrids have the potential for growth, he said."

Ford CEO Mark Fields gave an interview to CNN this morning in which he discussed the reasoning behind the decision. “Are you canceling the plans to build this huge plant in Mexico because of the President-elect?” CNN correspondent Poppy Harlow asked. “When we make decisions like this as a company we look at…first we do what’s right for our business,” Fields replied. “This makes sense for our business and we look at all factors including what we view as a more positive U.S. manufacturing business environment under President-elect Trump,” he added. “It’s literally a vote of confidence around some of the pro-growth policies that he has been outlining and that’s why we’re making this decision to invest here in the U.S.”

2 minutes ago, Snake said:

Ford CEO Mark Fields gave an interview to CNN this morning in which he discussed the reasoning behind the decision. “Are you canceling the plans to build this huge plant in Mexico because of the President-elect?” CNN correspondent Poppy Harlow asked. “When we make decisions like this as a company we look at…first we do what’s right for our business,” Fields replied. “This makes sense for our business and we look at all factors including what we view as a more positive U.S. manufacturing business environment under President-elect Trump,” he added. “It’s literally a vote of confidence around some of the pro-growth policies that he has been outlining and that’s why we’re making this decision to invest here in the U.S.”

Ouch. Down goes Slinger.