Check your account email address ×

Puzzle....New 850 Doo burn down issues are real!

Poncho

44 minutes ago, Glenn in Caledon said:

850 beat an assault 800 by about a length in 3/4 mile race back to back. Assault driver had 80 plus pounds on the other guy. 

That 850 has had a catastrophic engine failure this year  (crank came apart) and has been eating a belt ever 800kms.

Edit-and it still sounds like he likes it better then his xrs.

20170311_142842.jpg

Poor doo trying to keep up with the shitty kitty. :lol:

On ‎3‎/‎9‎/‎2017 at 8:40 AM, Poncho said:

850 burn down...not good

Perry burn down 850.jpeg

Hey Puzzler, Any chance that the turbo falling off caused that ???? Oh here, let me help you with this one, maybe the block exploded releasing a lot of gas, and a spark.

Nope, apparently he was riding next to a Sidewinder, the SW's fuel rail bolts fell out (common problem), and it sprayed fuel all over the Doo. 

3 hours ago, Frostynuts said:

Hey Puzzler, Any chance that the turbo falling off caused that ???? Oh here, let me help you with this one, maybe the block exploded releasing a lot of gas, and a spark.

Got the GPS figured out, 205K was 113 MPH. Dreamometer off by 12% and some track slip on the lumpy ice.

Either way that's pretty damn fast for lumpy ice, 129" x 1.25" track with 90 studs and track tension at dealer spec... way too tight. 

1 hour ago, Tinker said:

Why is it that ALL the manufactures err on the high side ?

Got the GPS figured out, 205K was 113 MPH. Dreamometer off by 12% and some track slip on the lumpy ice.

Either way that's pretty damn fast for lumpy ice, 129" x 1.25" track with 90 studs and track tension at dealer spec... way too tight. 

12 hours ago, Tinker said:

Too bad Tommy didn't have my old 800 to run against that 850  The 140 hp  Indy ran 110 mph in 1000ft, the 170hp 850 ran 113 in 2500 ft, just saying.....It would be great to run heads up....otherwise, like I always say......, unless there are other comparable sleds.......top speeds mean nothing....  Tinker Tommy shoot out coming up.... 

Edited by Poncho
  • Like 2

23 minutes ago, Puzzleboy said:

Guido must be on suicide watch with these 850 numbers......

Oh there you are Jason, yap, yap yap.

Those girly sleds are no problem whatsoever for both of my reliable sleds.

Please let us all know when you are ready for the lake.

Edited by Frostynuts

11 hours ago, Poncho said:

Too bad Tommy didn't have my old 800 to run against that 850  The 140 hp  Indy ran 110 mph in 1000ft, the 170hp 850 ran 113 in 2500 ft, just saying.....It would be great to run heads up....otherwise, like I always say......, unless there are other comparable sleds.......top speeds mean nothing....  Tinker Tommy shoot out coming up.... 

I haven't talked shit about another brand and I admit I don't have much faith in BRP 2 Strokes, That being said, I repeatedly got 5500 miles out of 4 consecutive Ptek 800's with richer needles and pilots before a rebuild, That's pretty fn good IMO and they were not easy miles. I know several guys with 800 eTecs with 8000 trouble free miles. The shit talk has been all over the new 850 and my demo has no set up at all, I don't even know what peak RPM should be. It's on the original uncleaned belt and no adjustments to the skidframe or clutching at all since delivery, this is exactly how it came ~1200 km ago. The Poo 800 seems to run great #'s with less claimed HP, clutching and track angles are key. I owned a 2013 Indy, it was OK to ride but that abortion outback completely nullifies any possibility of owning one with a water access cottage I live at at least 3 nights a week and destination rides. The dealer that this demo came from sold 60 850's and none have blown up and they come with 4 years warranty to back up their reliability claims. The Cat 4 year warranty makes their 800 interesting if it's as reliable as the 600, that's been a good motor. But that's where the reliability with Cat ends, sorry. Yamaha... well I ride alone and on lakes constantly and can't afford a winch. To each their own, they all have their plusses for their owners to boast about but the BRP shit is the most reliable and has the best resale. Why anyone would expect the 850 2 stroke twin to keep up to a questionably rated 180 HP turbo 4 stroke on the lake is beyond me... hey neither one can catch a 98 T-Cat either LoL.

Cheers

It's also nauseating.  :)  Although, it is "freedom" sledder. 

60 850s and no blowups....... Scotty, SKS, and Fuzzy are gonna be all over you. 

I've seen the same 4 photos, and apparently Doo is unundated with 2018 850 orders. 

Why are so many people signing up for such garbage?    Fuzzy on double suicide watch. 

• Like 1

Yep, that's what people who don't ride BRP always say.  Lol

Not brand loyal..... :lmao:.  Certainly anti BRP, for some reason.  And yet rides an old turbo cat, one of the shittiest machines out there. 

5 minutes ago, Frostynuts said:

Hey Tinker, Have another coffee. It,s all in fun. FOR WHAT THEY COST, THEY ARE ALL JUNK.

I have had them all. Not brand loyal to any particular piece of junk.

Hope you feel better now. LOL

16 minutes ago, Tinker said:

I haven't talked shit about another brand and I admit I don't have much faith in BRP 2 Strokes, That being said, I repeatedly got 5500 miles out of 4 consecutive Ptek 800's with richer needles and pilots before a rebuild, That's pretty fn good IMO and they were not easy miles. I know several guys with 800 eTecs with 8000 trouble free miles. The shit talk has been all over the new 850 and my demo has no set up at all, I don't even know what peak RPM should be. It's on the original uncleaned belt and no adjustments to the skidframe or clutching at all since delivery, this is exactly how it came ~1200 km ago. The Poo 800 seems to run great #'s with less claimed HP, clutching and track angles are key. I owned a 2013 Indy, it was OK to ride but that abortion outback completely nullifies any possibility of owning one with a water access cottage I live at at least 3 nights a week and destination rides. The dealer that this demo came from sold 60 850's and none have blown up and they come with 4 years warranty to back up their reliability claims. The Cat 4 year warranty makes their 800 interesting if it's as reliable as the 600, that's been a good motor. But that's where the reliability with Cat ends, sorry. Yamaha... well I ride alone and on lakes constantly and can't afford a winch. To each their own, they all have their plusses for their owners to boast about but the BRP shit is the most reliable and has the best resale. Why anyone would expect the 850 2 stroke twin to keep up to a questionably rated 180 HP turbo 4 stroke on the lake is beyond me... hey neither one can catch a 98 T-Cat either LoL.

Cheers

Good post . Would agree the 850 issues are mostly Internet issues just like the Sidewinder turbo falling off..

What was the issue with your 13 Indy? I can't see any abortion on the back of my 15?? 

Correct on all points.  Well said. 

15 minutes ago, Tinker said:

Cheers