Check your account email address ×

I used to enjoy basketball.

• Platinum Contributing Member
31 minutes ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

Haha...those were the days and the players actually had a dislike for the other team and played like it. 

• Platinum Contributing Member
Just now, Mainecat said:

Lambier deserved every punch he got.

Maybe but he took them all and continued playing...he really had The Celtics number.🤣

Poor Johnny Most almost vapor locked..🤣🤣

6 hours ago, Anler said:

The pistons were the worst! But yeah those were some games back then

Pretty obvious in that first video what Detroit’s strategy was. He gets in the paint - put him on the floor. 

:lol: 

6 hours ago, Anler said:

The pistons were the worst! But yeah those were some games back then

They would’ve played in four finals in a row if not for a bad pass and win three titles in a row if not for Thomas’s injury. 

My father used to go to a coffee shop in Nashua, New Hampshire, and it was also frequented by the above mentioned Johnny Most.

He used to ask my father for a cigarette (Taryton 100s), and dad would give him the pack... Most would take 1 out, shoot it back to Dad and put the pack in his pocket. :lol:

• Haha 1

Those were the good days of the NBA .... the 80's and 90's were fun to watch because of the utter hatred teams had for one another.  The Celtics, Lakers, Pistons, Bulls, etc. were great postseason matchups!  The NBA, now, is by far the most disgusting of pro sports and it all started with LeBron and his move to the Heat.  Once they turned into a league where physical defense is frowned upon, and allowing these players to demand teams be built for them ... zero interest here.  Well, it doesn't help that I live in Minnesota and the Wolves are the worst professional sports franchise, ever!! LOL

8 minutes ago, Bontz said:

Those were the good days of the NBA .... the 80's and 90's were fun to watch because of the utter hatred teams had for one another.  The Celtics, Lakers, Pistons, Bulls, etc. were great postseason matchups!  The NBA, now, is by far the most disgusting of pro sports and it all started with LeBron and his move to the Heat.  Once they turned into a league where physical defense is frowned upon, and allowing these players to demand teams be built for them ... zero interest here.  Well, it doesn't help that I live in Minnesota and the Wolves are the worst professional sports franchise, ever!! LOL

I watched a foul review on the Celtics game last night. They called a foul on Smart, said he hit the guy in the head, replay showed the shooter's hair hit Smart's arm. Scalabrine rightfully said "This is where the NBA is today; hitting a man's hair is a foul."

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bontz said:

Minnesota and professional sports? What is that? 

@Zambroski beat me to it.  Unless it's a women's team, there's really nothing to get too excited about.

Vikings = 0 for what ... forever?

Wolves = worst professional franchise, EVER

Wild (or Mild) = always peak some time before the playoffs begin & then fizzle out

Twins = although they've won the World Series ... another typical MN team with zero playoff excitement (MLB record consecutive losses in the post season anyone?)

At least we've got St. Cloud playing for the NCAA Hockey title today (congrats to UMASS, in advance .... we know what'll happen LOL)

1 hour ago, Bontz said:

@Zambroski beat me to it.  Unless it's a women's team, there's really nothing to get too excited about.

Vikings = 0 for what ... forever?

Wolves = worst professional franchise, EVER

Wild (or Mild) = always peak some time before the playoffs begin & then fizzle out

Twins = although they've won the World Series ... another typical MN team with zero playoff excitement (MLB record consecutive losses in the post season anyone?)

At least we've got St. Cloud playing for the NCAA Hockey title today (congrats to UMASS, in advance .... we know what'll happen LOL)

Wild got pasted 9-1 last night by St. Louis.  OMG.  Brutal.  

Duluth getting knocked out sucked but, St. Cloud was my #2 fav so.  GO Huskies!

31 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Wild got pasted 9-1 last night by St. Louis.  OMG.  Brutal.  

Duluth getting knocked out sucked but, St. Cloud was my #2 fav so.  GO Huskies!

I watched that debacle of a game last night .... and don't know why.  I should have known after they went down 4-1 after the 1st it was over, but I guess I'm just a glutton for punishment and continued to watch that train wreck of a game.  How they go from beating up on the Avs to that display ..... GROSS!!!

59 minutes ago, Bontz said:

I watched that debacle of a game last night .... and don't know why.  I should have known after they went down 4-1 after the 1st it was over, but I guess I'm just a glutton for punishment and continued to watch that train wreck of a game.  How they go from beating up on the Avs to that display ..... GROSS!!!

I know...I switched it many times only to go back and watch them flailing around in their breezers chasing the puck.  Hell, the look on the St. Looey bench said it all...they were like, "WTF are these guys doing?"

It was an absolutely awful display from one end to the other.  I don't even know how that can be fixed.  Just best to act like it never happened.