Check your account email address ×

Inline, Deck Over or Hybrid

• Platinum Contributing Member

Going to order a RnR Sled Trailer and  trying to decide between the 3 styles in the title...I realize there are price differences with the Hybrid being the least expensive but just wondering who here has what and what they think.👍🏼🇺🇸

BTW it won’t be used too extensively...mostly short local trips to different trailheads and for storing the sled/sleds in.

Edited by Jimmy Snacks

Their Hybrid is a real solid unit but it's a bitch to tow. If you're not concerned about mileage they're great. The inline would be my choice if you have the $$ and storage space for it, they're the best to tow assuming we're talkin 7ft wide and inside the wheels. I would NOT get an 8ft wide (Deckover) unless I have to put something in there too wide for a 7ft.

Edited by Tinker
  • Thanks 1

• Gold Member

I took delivery of a PSD 7x18 R & R trailer last fall.  I really like it.  Three sleds comfortably but I don't see how a fourth fits in there.  I had a hybrid before this and I would say this trailer pulls easier than the hybrid.  Its nice to be able to see around it.  I did the 6'6" height so its tall but nice to be able to stand up straight.  I also added galvanized axles, lights at all doors, shore plug with 110 outlets inside, step below man door, spare tire, cabinet and the BIG ONE reverse lights on the back.  If you have ever had to back a trailer up in the dark it is awesome to have to bright LED's come on when you put it in R!!  Like it alot so far!!

CIMG9135.JPG

CIMG9137.JPG

CIMG9138.JPG

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Skidooski said:

I'd like a new R&R inline so I suggest that. So in a year I can buy it off you when you sell it  :lol:  :bc: 

Any particular color? 🤣

4 minutes ago, Tinker said:

Their Hybrid is a real solid unit but it's a bitch to tow. If you're not concerned about mileage they're great. The inline would be my choice if you have the $$ and storage space for it, they're the best to tow assuming we're talkin 7ft wide and inside the wheels. I would NOT get an 8ft wide (Deckover) unless I have to put something in there too wide for a 7ft.

For the money and how far I would be towing it a Hybrid makes the most sense...I think...🤣🤷🏻

2 minutes ago, poopooforme said:

I took delivery of a PSD 7x18 R & R trailer last fall.  I really like it.  Three sleds comfortably but I don't see how a fourth fits in there.  I had a hybrid before this and I would say this trailer pulls easier than the hybrid.  Its nice to be able to see around it.  I did the 6'6" height so its tall but nice to be able to stand up straight.  I also added galvanized axles, lights at all doors, shore plug with 110 outlets inside, step below man door, spare tire, cabinet and the BIG ONE reverse lights on the back.  If you have ever had to back a trailer up in the dark it is awesome to have to bright LED's come on when you put it in R!!  Like it alot so far!!

CIMG9135.JPG

CIMG9137.JPG

CIMG9138.JPG

That’s a damn nice trailer...I like the fact that RnR is a Michigan Company and they sell factory direct.👍🏼
BTW I didn’t check out that line of theirs..going to now.

1 minute ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Any particular color? 🤣

I like my all black 16' R&R inline I have now but would like to update since mine is an older model. So maybe a 18' inline with the high ceiling and finished interior please  :lol: 

• Haha 1

• Gold Member

I liked the fact that I could choose my options with R&R.  Add this or don't.  Heavier frame on the PSD along with the diamond plate on the bottom inside and out.  That and the finished interior is why I went with the PSD line.  She was 10k but I figure I am good for a while now.  Got a spot in the shed for it so its out of the weather.  Should last a long time. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, poopooforme said:

I liked the fact that I could choose my options with R&R.  Add this or don't.  Heavier frame on the PSD along with the diamond plate on the bottom inside and out.  That and the finished interior is why I went with the PSD line.  She was 10k but I figure I am good for a while now.  Got a spot in the shed for it so its out of the weather.  Should last a long time. 

That seems like a good price for a well appointed trailer.👍🏼
I got a quote from them for 7.5x14 Slasher Inline which is their entry level and with no add ons it’s 7,499. I would guess that like everything else trailers are more expensive today then they were 12-18 months ago. 

43 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Going to order a RnR Sled Trailer and  trying to decide between the 3 styles in the title...I realize there are price differences with the Hybrid being the least expensive but just wondering who here has what and what they think.👍🏼🇺🇸

BTW it won’t be used too extensively...mostly short local trips to different trailheads and for storing the sled/sleds in.

Inline all the way.   Easiest to load....especially a broken down sled.    I have both over the wheels and inline and want to get rid of my over the wheel versions.   

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Inline all the way.   Easiest to load....especially a broken down sled.    I have both over the wheels and inline and want to get rid of my over the wheel versions.   

Yes that lower angle on the rear ramp is a plus  :thumb: 

• Like 1

i would go inline.  i was making the same decision.   hybrids like a parachute so i spend the extra $1500 on an inline and go 6'6" so its easy to stand in.  deck over would be my last choice.   if you make the interior tall enough to be comfortable it's like 10 feet tall if you don't might as well just go hybrid.    

• Like 1

I had the dblewide crossover and it was definately a parachute behind the truck. I sold it and bought a 7x19 Legend inline that pulled like a dream. I sold it when I bought the sxs as it was 72" tall and wouldn't fit in the 69" opening. 

• Like 1

The 7.5 x 14  RnR has an interior length of 19’ 8” and interior height of 6’  which should work just fine for two sleds, tools, gas cans ect....👍🏼🇺🇸

• Like 1

3 hours ago, poopooforme said:

CIMG9135.JPG

CIMG9137.JPG

CIMG9138.JPG

I have a 718SE and four short tracked sleds will fit in there. I put three 155” mountain sleds in mine as well with room to spare. Actually thought about selling mine and moving down to a 14 or 16 PSD because I rarely have the need to haul three or four sleds at one time anymore. Then I got a quote on a new one from Randy. Yeah, I’ll be keeping mine. :wow:

1 hour ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

The 7.5 x 14  RnR has an interior length of 19’ 8” and interior height of 6’  which should work just fine for two sleds, tools, gas cans ect....👍🏼🇺🇸

Get a PSD or get additional height added if your going with a Slasher or Slasher Elite. I didn’t and did so just to save some money. I fucking HATE smacking my head on those exposed roof beams. 

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

Of those 3, inline hands down.  

Extra height, check out how close the floor stringers are spaced.  Closer the better.  

16” OC...I think these RnR have 24” OC.

2 hours ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

The extra 6" (6'6") height is worth it IMO, if you ever need to work in the trailer makes it much nicer. Unless you are 550's size then you can stand up in a clam shell.

• Like 2

Just now, 1jkw said:

The extra 6" (6'6") height is worth it IMO, if you ever need to work in the trailer makes it much nicer. Unless you are 550's size then you can stand up in a clam shell.

I’m 6’1” so yeah the extra height would be nice.👊🏻🇺🇸

• Like 1

Here's my 2 cents....

7 ft Inline is great for long distance trailering. Low and narrow, best you are going to get for aero.  We use one on our out west trips. Only thing that would pull better might be a gooseneck. I will say I would enjoy if it was wider though. And our widest sled is 39" ski stance. 

8.5ft deck over and hybrid will certainly not pull as good. They are high off the ground (IMO, this is the biggest factor in aero). But they should have more room inside. And if you aren't towing long distances, 500+ miles, it really shouldn't be a big deal.  Especially if most of its use is storage. 

P.S. I agree with the extra height! Sucks hitting your head all the time!

Edited by Legend
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

16” OC...I think these RnR have 24” OC.

PSD R&R’s are 16 and you can have them build an SE at 16. My SE is 24 and the only time I was concerned is when I was hauling my big Snap-On tool box in it. 

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, SayatodaU.P.eh? said:

PSD R&R’s are 16 and you can have them build an SE at 16. My SE is 24 and the only time I was concerned is when I was hauling my big Snap-On tool box in it. 

They all have 3/4” floors so no reason to worry.👊🏻🇺🇸

27 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

They all have 3/4” floors so no reason to worry.👊🏻🇺🇸

Everyone in my riding group that has bought a new trailer with 24" stringers has sold it and bought one with tighter spacing within 3 years.

I have a snopro hybrid and a inline triton.  Same mpg out of both . When at the house the hybrid is best if towing a long way the inline is best. Parking at a trail head or attempting to turn around on a dead end type of deal where we dump off alot zero question hybrid 

Also when I got my hybrid it was only 700 more bucks for a extra axel . And yes I can stuff 2 155 and a assault in backward in the  snopro hybrid . Really only reason i still have the triton in line is to haul the sxs and to store shit in and it has 1 more yr till fully depreciated.  Then will prob dump it off  and buy a larger storage unit trailer lol.

The snopro hybrid is long depreciated so may buy a new one this yr if I need some deductions come November . I know I can sell it for what I gave for it 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Legend said:

Here's my 2 cents....

7 ft Inline is great for long distance trailering. Low and narrow, best you are going to get for aero.  We use one on our out west trips. Only thing that would pull better might be a gooseneck. I will say I would enjoy if it was wider though. And our widest sled is 39" ski stance. 

8.5ft deck over and hybrid will certainly not pull as good. They are high off the ground (IMO, this is the biggest factor in aero). But they should have more room inside. And if you aren't towing long distances, 500+ miles, it really shouldn't be a big deal.  Especially if most of its use is storage. 

P.S. I agree with the extra height! Sucks hitting your head all the time!

Yes and no a bud has a older real low 7.5x22× the v we can stuff 4 and a bike in it and it gets better mog and is not catching wind as bad as the tall rigs . For the 30 min loading up to have a better 22hr drive worth it.  He has never sold it only for the hauls out west