Check your account email address ×

so what's been going on

1 minute ago, FrankieJames7 said:

why are you telling yourself to stfu?

What the fuck was I thinking when I told you to apply for Alaska State Trooper!!!!! LMAO!!!!  

15 minutes ago, FrankieJames7 said:

0, im just waking up

Show us your " TEST LIGHT " .

LMMFAO!!!    :lol2::lol2::lol2::lol2::lol2:

25 minutes ago, Polaris 550 said:

What do ya' do for heat in that house? 

Woodstove, fireplace? 

i put in a woodstove. ive ran out of wood a few times this year. i do have a chainsaw but i dont have 4 wheel drive on my blazer so i have to hand pack all the logs to the road. if it's warm enough i don't build fires. last time i built a fire was when it was -40

26 minutes ago, Polaris 550 said:

Post some pics of your life. 

House, car, tools??

i already did. im not going to post my house but i posted my vehicles and i will get to posting more of my tools. i posted my toolbox on here and myself when i worked at my last job

25 minutes ago, Polaris 550 said:

Show us your " TEST LIGHT " .

LMMFAO!!!    :lol2::lol2::lol2::lol2::lol2:

it's one from performance tool, LED so can find - and + circuits and a voltage display. that, and a set of 10 foot roll up alligator clip jumper wires you can fix anything 12v. now a days cars use CAN, common area network, and lots of computerized components work off 5v so i would need a multimeter for that. had a craftsman one earlier this winter but fried it

39 minutes ago, FrankieJames7 said:

it's one from performance tool, LED so can find - and + circuits and a voltage display. that, and a set of 10 foot roll up alligator clip jumper wires you can fix anything 12v. now a days cars use CAN, common area network, and lots of computerized components work off 5v so i would need a multimeter for that. had a craftsman one earlier this winter but fried it

Wrong

• Haha 1

I let a fukkin local ASE certified garage work on one of my cars, 'cause they were also my inspection station. 

Dildos fucked something up, I had to take it to the dealer and they fixed it right. 

I lost a few hundred on that clusterfuck. 

I can't imagine working on someone's car in their driveway. 

• Gold Member
7 minutes ago, Polaris 550 said:

I let a fukkin local ASE certified garage work on one of my cars, 'cause they were also my inspection station. 

Dildos fucked something up, I had to take it to the dealer and they fixed it right. 

I lost a few hundred on that clusterfuck. 

I can't imagine working on someone's car in their driveway. 

I’ll tell ya a little secret about ASE only 1 guy in the shop has to actually pass those test and get certified. Every other retard can just work under that one guys good name. You must have got a retard.

23 minutes ago, 800renegaderider said:

I’ll tell ya a little secret about ASE only 1 guy in the shop has to actually pass those test and get certified. Every other retard can just work under that one guys good name. You must have got a retard.

They can? That’s weird. We have always been made to display our individual ASE Certs. State license number goes on ever work ticket too. :dunno:

Ive seen good techs with ASEs and I’ve seen bad ones. I’ve seen good techs fail an ASE test because they don’t test well.

When I took my GM Master Tech certification in brake systems the 25 year tech that work next to me failed the week after I passed it. I don’t even know how on that one though because it is an all hands on “test”. 

I didn’t get my actual college degree in automotive repair until 5 years ago. Never needed it until then. Ended up being able to get the first year worth of auto credits by portfolio because of my ASE Master cert and work experience. I was going to go for my bachelors in automotive business management but decided that I don’t want a management position in my current company. Too much corporate politics. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, 800renegaderider said:

That's EXACTLY what I thought.   

• Gold Member
5 minutes ago, SayatodaU.P.eh? said:

They can? That’s weird. We have always been made to display our individual ASE Certs. State license number goes on ever work ticket too. :dunno:

Ive seen good techs with ASEs and I’ve seen bad ones. I’ve seen good techs fail an ASE test because they don’t test well.

When I took my GM Master Tech certification in brake systems the 25 year tech that work next to me failed the week after I passed it. I don’t even know how on that one though because it is an all hands on “test”. 

I didn’t get my actual college degree in automotive repair until 5 years ago. Never needed it until then. Ended up being able to get the first year worth of auto credits by portfolio because of my ASE Master cert and work experience. I was going to go for my bachelors in automotive business management but decided that I don’t want a management position in my current company. Too much corporate politics. 

It have changed since I’ve taken a ASE test I’m all ICAR now. It was only one guy had to pass and the shop could get the stupid sign but I believe if the entire shop passed you get some special sign that showed that. ICAR is the same way there is gold and platinum shops. 

I think for the most part, taking my car/truck to the dealers is the best bet. 

I don't think a big, clean dealership, will tolerate a fuck-up. Maybe once or twice, then they will boot ya'. 

They don't want a bad rep, especially with the internet these days. 

• Gold Member
5 minutes ago, Polaris 550 said:

I think for the most part, taking my car/truck to the dealers is the best bet. 

I don't think a big, clean dealership, will tolerate a fuck-up. Maybe once or twice, then they will boot ya'. 

They don't want a bad rep, especially with the internet these days. 

Every shop has good techs and bad techs dealers are no different.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, SayatodaU.P.eh? said:

Ford even does, or did, the same thing. my certifications covered the entire shop for everything, which was all that was required for them to get paid on warranty.