Check your account email address ×

eBay polling Dr. Seuss books we can no longer sell or purchase them because they are

18 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Did you just call my argument a "straw man" then follow up with one of your own?  

"Supported using the government to deny people....."  :lol: Libertarianism is neat when removing Constitutional issues and legislative law to make an argument!  Yes?

I have no idea about the books....it was the point of it all.  

So Americans didn't support their government denying African Americans the right to vote or preventing people from having an interracial marriage?

You got manipulated into repeating the same fallacy about Dr Seuss as alot of these guys are. Books like Green Eggs and Ham and Cat in the Hat aren't being removed. 

57 minutes ago, SSFB said:

So Americans didn't support their government denying African Americans the right to vote or preventing people from having an interracial marriage?

You got manipulated into repeating the same fallacy about Dr Seuss as alot of these guys are. Books like Green Eggs and Ham and Cat in the Hat aren't being removed. 

Legislation.  Constitution.  Not:  hurt feelings.

11 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Legislation.  Constitution.  Not:  hurt feelings.

So if legislation is passed that bans something, then it’s fine and not at all cancel culture. :lol:

1 hour ago, SSFB said:

Lots of Americans support cancel culture. Conservatives have been using it for years and now liberals figured out how to use it with big tech.

You really have to amp up the crazy to get people to pay attention to you these days.  Find something stupid to say you’re offended by and sit back and watch the internet explode.  We all love it.   Real examples of racism aren’t fun at all.  No one jumps to their defense and we can’t call each other names.  

Just now, Cold War said:

You really have to amp up the crazy to get people to pay attention to you these days.  Find something stupid to say you’re offended by and sit back and watch the internet explode.  We all love it.   Real examples of racism aren’t fun at all.  No one jumps to their defense and we can’t call each other names.  

wpww 14/88 americans can't have valid opinions on racism

2 hours ago, SSFB said:

So if legislation is passed that bans something, then it’s fine and not at all cancel culture. :lol:

That's not what I said.  I was trying to show you the distinction that, apparently, your argument won't let you see.  I get it.

9 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

That's not what I said.  I was trying to show you the distinction that, apparently, your argument won't let you see.  I get it.

There is a distinction. Conservatives have historically used the strong arm of the government for their cancel culture and liberals are today using the free market for their cancel culture.

Bizarre times indeed. 

2 minutes ago, SSFB said:

There is a distinction. Conservatives have historically used the strong arm of the government for their cancel culture and liberals are today using the free market for their cancel culture.

Bizarre times indeed. 

That IS the distinction.  One goes through the legislative process and has to pass Constitutional hurdles, the other cannot pass so, it takes a different path.  

6 minutes ago, SSFB said:

Bizarre times indeed. 

Yeah. Seems legit. Must be why they feel the need to do it that way. It’s like the younger guys I see at work trying to eek their way through their job. Why work hard when I can just cry to HR and get what I want? 

What is bizarre is the amount of people that are not only ok with this but actually support/endorse it. 

2 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

That IS the distinction.  One goes through the legislative process and has to pass Constitutional hurdles, the other cannot pass so, it takes a different path.  

The ones that were later overthrown with new legislation or in the courts on constitutional grounds?

Doing cancel culture with legislation is even worse. 

3 minutes ago, SSFB said:

The ones that were later overthrown with new legislation or in the courts on constitutional grounds?

Doing cancel culture with legislation is even worse. 

Anything can be overturned with new legislation.  There is no good "cancel culture" and what the liberals think they are doing is going to end up poorly by stomping on rights that would be tough to pass in the legislative process.

Just now, SayatodaU.P.eh? said:

Yeah. Seems legit. Must be why they feel the need to do it that way. It’s like the younger guys I see at work trying to eek their way through their job. Why work hard when I can just cry to HR and get what I want? 

What is bizarre is the amount of people that are not only ok with this but actually support/endorse it. 

There's plenty of cancel culture stuff that's stupid but conservatives just can't help themselves in jumping on the bandwagon of stupid and flipping out over private companies like the Dr Seuss publisher or Hasbro making decisions themselves on the future of their company. Neither of those things are even worth discussion. It's not "erasing history". 

It's like conservatives insist on being as outraged as the liberal SJWs. 

2 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Anything can be overturned with new legislation.  There is no good "cancel culture" and what the liberals think they are doing is going to end up poorly by stomping on rights that would be tough to pass in the legislative process.

Doesn’t what we typically think of as “cancel culture” really just boil down to free speech?  Complaining is a protected right.