Check your account email address ×

So is the Mach Z cool or just a whore on the name

36 minutes ago, Winterman said:

I bet the Mach is the king of stock sleds. 
has anyone seen a dyno report?

Winder and Tcat are advertised at 180 also. 

I don’t know if this thing will have the goods to beat s Winder or Tcat.  What it will have is a sweet power to weight ratio cuz it’s prob 40ish pounds lighter.

• Gold Member
12 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

I don’t know if this thing will have the goods to beat s Winder or Tcat.  What it will have is a sweet power to weight ratio cuz it’s prob 40ish pounds lighter.

It won’t even come close. I just spent 3 days riding all 3 turbo sleds 1100t 250hp tune, 900t with a 205hp tune and a stock winder. The tuned 900t was the slowest out of the 3 by far. 900t was at least 3-4 sleds behind. We raced several times over the coarse of the 3 days with switching riders. The sidewinder is a rocket in stock form.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, 800renegaderider said:

It won’t even come close. I just spent 3 days riding all 3 turbo sleds 1100t 250hp tune, 900t with a 205hp tune and a stock winder. The tuned 900t was the slowest out of the 3 by far. 900t was at least 3-4 sleds behind. We raced several times over the coarse of the 3 days with switching riders. The sidewinder is a rocket in stock form.

Did the 900 have stock clutching? Behn says the 900 is fastest with stock clutching 

• Haha 1

• Gold Member
5 minutes ago, ACE said:

Did the 900 have stock clutching? Behn says the 900 is fastest with stock clutching 

Yes stock clutching. I was not impressed at all with the 900t as far as power goes. It had the lightest feel to it and rode nice on the trails though. The sidewinder just kept pulling and it rode pretty damn good. I’m a doo guy too I’m not just saying it because I like yamacat. The sidewinder is pretty impressive.

Edited by 800renegaderider

15 minutes ago, 800renegaderider said:

Yes stock clutching. I was not impressed at all with the 900t as far as power goes. It had the lightest feel to it and rode nice on the trails though. The sidewinder just kept pulling and it rode pretty damn good. I’m a doo guy too I’m not just saying it because I like yamacat. The sidewinder is pretty impressive.

Yeah I drove both this year and imo the sidewinder is just better all things considered 

• Haha 1

• Gold Member
1 minute ago, ACE said:

Yeah I drove both this year and imo the sidewinder is just better all things considered 

Yup if I was in the market I think I’d be jumping brands for a sidewinder. It’s strange because i’ve rode his 1100t a bunch of times over the years and I absolutely hate the 1100t for everything other than straight line power. I figured I’d come to the same conclusion with the sidewinder but it’s a completely different feel all around. It was actually enjoyable to ride.

37 minutes ago, 800renegaderider said:

No surprise there.  I have zero interest.  If you want to stay on the lake and drag race all day long, it’s usually the guy with the most money and patience who wins those races.  And the same guys will usually get smoked on a twisty trail system against the 600 or an 800 class sled.  

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, f7ben said:

:lol: 

Probably.

At 180 hp it's gonna be many hp short of what the 998T sidewinder puts out stock, and that 998 is easily massaged to 250 hp reliably.

Yes, it's a cat with a yamaha motor, so chassis reliability is questionable at best, but that yamaha motor, even paired with a cat frame makes it a formidable weapon.

The "new" Mach Z will be no match.

Again, fuck you BRP.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Tinker said:

Factory Production Anti-Lag Turbo, pretty cool IMO

The 998 in the Winder has had basically that since 2017.

2 hours ago, Winterman said:

I bet the Mach is the king of stock sleds. 
has anyone seen a dyno report?

Winder and Tcat are advertised at 180 also. 

As '180 class' sleds.

Many dyno out over 200...

5 minutes ago, Voodoo said:

Probably.

At 180 hp it's gonna be many hp short of what the 998T sidewinder puts out stock, and that 998 is easily massaged to 250 hp reliably.

Yes, it's a cat with a yamaha motor, so chassis reliability is questionable at best, but that yamaha motor, even paired with a cat frame makes it a formidable weapon.

The "new" Mach Z will be no match.

Again, fuck you BRP.

It’s a shame they brought back the Mach name for this sled. It should have been a 900T LE or something. Having that little faggot motor in anything called a mach is a joke

Just now, Snake said:

The 998 in the Winder has had basically that since 2017.

As '180 class' sleds.

Many dyno out over 200...

No the factory winder has not had launch control or anything like it

3 minutes ago, f7ben said:

No the factory winder has not had launch control or anything like it

3 hours ago, Tinker said:

The Yamaha-developed Mitsubishi ECU on the Genesis 998 Turbo uses a series of 9 sensors to gather running condition data and computes using its predetermined memory ‘map’. It then adjusts ignition timing, fuel delivery, manifold air-pressure and turbo boost pressure to produce maximum performance – reliably. The system targets absolute pressure in the intake manifold, using pressure sensors on both sides of the throttle bodies. When the throttle is closed it re-routes pressure to the front of the compressor so you don’t have to wait for the exhaust pressure to rise when the throttle is reapplied, via an air bypass valve.
Edited by Snake

1 minute ago, f7ben said:

It’s a shame they brought back the Mach name for this sled. It should have been a 900T LE or something. Having that little faggot motor in anything called a mach is a joke

Yep.

I was hoping BRP wouldn't do that, but had little hope they wouldn't, and was not surprised.

Again..fuck you BRP and the horse they rode in on.

Guess they got the idea from the mustang Mach E.

Marketing bastards.

Just now, Snake said:

There is no such thing as an “anti lag turbo” ....he was misreferencing the launch control option  which sometimes would be referred to as anti lag 

Just now, Voodoo said:

Yep.

I was hoping BRP wouldn't do that, but had little hope they wouldn't, and was not surprised.

Again..fuck you BRP and the horse they rode in on.

Guess they got the idea from the mustang Mach E.

Marketing bastards.

I’m lost man....no sled manu is making anything I want 

Just now, f7ben said:

There is no such thing as an “anti lag turbo” ....he was misreferencing the launch control option  which sometimes would be referred to as anti lag 

1ioaun.jpg

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Angry ginger said:

never spent any time on the 900T,  will do so next week as we will have one in the group.  

I’m sure you’ll love it.....it’s a faggot sled built for faggots!!!

Just now, f7ben said:

I’m lost man....no sled manu is making anything I want 

I have 3 very good sleds to choose from SBYL.  850XRS gade, Matryx 850 137 or a Lynx.   hoping the dealer up in northern maine has a demo would like 40-50 miles on the lynx   

Just now, Angry ginger said:

I have 3 very good sleds to choose from SBYL.  850XRS gade, Matryx 850 137 or a Lynx.   hoping the dealer up in northern maine has a demo would like 40-50 miles on the lynx   

Are you fucking retarded?