Check your account email address ×

So is the Mach Z cool or just a whore on the name

On 3/8/2021 at 7:08 PM, ACE said:

IMO the Mach Z will sell well this year because it’s new, but the thundercat will take back over in sales the year after. 

The T-Cat was never in the lead. Last year or year before I read a report that Doo sold more 4 strokes than Cat and Yamaha combined.

On 3/8/2021 at 7:08 PM, ACE said:

IMO the Mach Z will sell well this year because it’s new, but the thundercat will take back over in sales the year after. 

I think the Tcat will outsell the Mach Z next year too! Mostly because Ski-Doo isn't going to make the Mach Z again next year :lol: 

3 hours ago, Wildboer said:

I think the Tcat will outsell the Mach Z next year too! Mostly because Ski-Doo isn't going to make the Mach Z again next year :lol: 

See even doo agrees with me 

3 hours ago, rump-rider said:

The T-Cat was never in the lead. Last year or year before I read a report that Doo sold more 4 strokes than Cat and Yamaha combined.

Count the total amount of t cats sold vs Mach Z then 

13 hours ago, Wildboer said:

If that same motor is going into the other turbos models, they wont need to.  

7 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

If that same motor is going into the other turbos models, they wont need to.  

That same motor has been in every turbo model for years now

27 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

I meant the new higher output 900 turbo, It’s in all the new doo turbo models

It’s only in the mach isn’t it? I thought they reduced power for the other models 

4 minutes ago, f7ben said:

It’s only in the mach isn’t it? I thought they reduced power for the other models 

No the 180HP R is available in everything and so is the 130HP T. They all have Throttle Cable to Throttle body and the 3 modes. The Mach is the only model with Anti-Lag and Launch control

Edited by Tinker

4 minutes ago, oldslowsledder said:

Pretty sure the throttle cable goes to a potentiometer device, not throttle bodies

The rheostat is on the throttle body not the thumb throttle which most found too soft and sensitive

Described as cable throttle housing in the specs

Edited by Tinker
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, f7ben said:

I thought so too, but our roommate Chester who is ordering one said they all get the new motor. I just checked on the skidoo website and I think he’s right. So I can order a regular renegade turbo and it’s now listed as 180 hp.  Maybe the Mach Z is lowered and has a lower profile track or whatever but, I don’t care about any of that just give me that motor.  The sled I want is a lynx 146 with the turbo.  They sell it overseas, and I suspect we will be able to buy one in 2023

Edited by DriftBusta

26 minutes ago, Tinker said:

The rheostat is on the throttle body not the thumb throttle which most found too soft and sensitive

Described as cable throttle housing in the specs

Yes.  They simply attached a cable so pussies that could not adjust to the lighter action of the flipper now have the added resistance of an actual cable to pull.   It's also preferable for those that like sticky throttle cables......

As to the output of the motor, every 900T R is the same 180HP even if you order a base model Adrenaline.   With the 130HP option they now have the entire range covered with 65, 95, 130 and 180HP options. 

47 minutes ago, oldslowsledder said:

Pretty sure the throttle cable goes to a potentiometer device, not throttle bodies

Correct. At least they did something that throttle was awful 

55 minutes ago, f7ben said:

No that’s the extra gay part. Mach has no more power than a 900 renegade. 100% Homo 

they did build a 130 hp version just to fill a hole in that market 

53 minutes ago, ACE said:

No that’s the extra gay part. Mach has no more power than a 900 renegade. 100% Homo 

they did build a 130 hp version just to fill a hole in that market 

It’s all too gay to even pay attention to

3 hours ago, jdsky said:

Yes.  They simply attached a cable so pussies that could not adjust to the lighter action of the flipper now have the added resistance of an actual cable to pull.   It's also preferable for those that like sticky throttle cables......

As to the output of the motor, every 900T R is the same 180HP even if you order a base model Adrenaline.   With the 130HP option they now have the entire range covered with 65, 95, 130 and 180HP options. 

I liked the tbw throttle.  Too many whiners I guess.

• Like 1