Check your account email address ×

2022 ski doo release takeaway

Rod

5 hours ago, ACE said:

No it’s not 

it’s a cable to a block and then still DBW 

Wrong!!!

the g4 is completely different than the XP i owned an xp and an XS it’s different. 

cats pile of shit Procross chassis is ten years old and rides like a lumber wagon. Owned a 2019 srx. Outside of being fast it was a piece of garbage 

Edited by jtssrx

10 minutes ago, jtssrx said:

Wrong!!!

the g4 is completely different than the XP i owned an xp and an XS it’s different. 

cats pile of shit Procross chassis is ten years old and rides like a lumber wagon. Owned a 2019 srx. Outside of being fast it was a piece of garbage 

I remember that one,  pics you posted it looked really good.. so you actually sold that srx ?

1 hour ago, jdsky said:

I put four seasons on my 16' 1200 in the XS chassis and really liked it but one test ride on the 900T in the G4 chassis and it's better in every way.  I also followed the journey of the Canadian that put over 20K miles on his 19' 900T the first season with zero issues.  The 900T has been proven over and over as a rock solid reliable motor on dirt, asphalt, water and snow.  You can get an NA 1200 to 150 in the way you stated but you cannot get it to 190HP plus as easily and cheaply as you can with the 900T.

Absolutely.  Fantastic motor, and the honey hole of proper power/weight ratio for the optimal trail sled.  I'd love to see an off trail version ala YZ400f, meaning a viable 4 stroke motocross bike/offtrail snowmobile

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ACE said:

Ski doo is still on the same chassis since 08 so

Ride an xp then a G4  (stands for 4th generation REV for dummies) and you will immediately notice it's a totally different sled.  Far different than the 08 XP cat copied and still uses....

4 hours ago, Beavis and Butt-Head said:

I remember that one,  pics you posted it looked really good.. so you actually sold that srx ?

Road it twice and hated it. The motor was sweet but outside of that it was zero fun to ride compared to a skidoo

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Blackstar said:

I was all set to buy the regular 900 for the wife now I'm thinking the 130 version would be nicer.  $1500 premium in the Enduro but I'm think that is the way to go.

My buddy likes to go out a couple times a year with me and I'm sure he'd prefer the 130. If I like it it may be my next sled too. I love my turbo Cat but the big motor thing is starting to wear thin with me.

I need a ride review on that 130. Only worry is the touch throttle I hear about on the 900T.

180/130 have a new cable/ drive by wire hybrid system.

I like the dbw on my 2019 900.

6 hours ago, Mikeadoo said:

Ride an xp then a G4  (stands for 4th generation REV for dummies) and you will immediately notice it's a totally different sled.  Far different than the 08 XP cat copied and still uses....

Was nice of brp to allow cat to sell that copy to it's Canadian customers this season.

Especially after they were found guilty in a court of law.

8 minutes ago, awful knawful said:

180/130 have a new cable/ drive by wire hybrid system.

I like the dbw on my 2019 900.

They caved for pussies that kept complaining about the cable free system  so now they can pull on a physical cable again.  Just stupid in my book.  I have had iTC on three sleds now, two of them my primary rides, for nearly 6 seasons and with zero issues but I have always just ridden a sled.  It could have a twist throttle like my dirt bikes or even a foot peddle like an auto and I would still just ride it while the pussies would all find something to complain about.

• Like 1

Just now, Dave said:

Wonder where doo will put the button?

They use the brake lever....it’s not optimal. Testing on the cat and Yamahas found the brake lever to be a few tenths of a second slower to release then a momentary button

2 hours ago, jdsky said:

They caved for pussies that kept complaining about the cable free system  so now they can pull on a physical cable again.  Just stupid in my book.  I have had iTC on three sleds now, two of them my primary rides, for nearly 6 seasons and with zero issues but I have always just ridden a sled.  It could have a twist throttle like my dirt bikes or even a foot peddle like an auto and I would still just ride it while the pussies would all find something to complain about.

I love DBW, not sure what other peoples issues with it were.  The programmable drive modes are also sweet.  I can see why it would be hard to adapt to for some who hasn't spent a bunch of time on a 4 stroke sled, but this turbo was my 4th 4 stroke, and I had no issues adapting to it. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, f7ben said:

They use the brake lever....it’s not optimal. Testing on the cat and Yamahas found the brake lever to be a few tenths of a second slower to release then a momentary button

Ya I've got a button for it on my sxs

12 hours ago, jtssrx said:

Wrong!!!

Doos chassis is literally from 2008. That’s 14 years on the same chassis. No thanks 

4 hours ago, jdsky said:

Doos DBW system is total shit. Hopefully their revamp helps a little bit I doubt it 

11 hours ago, Mikeadoo said:

Ride a Gen 1 procross then hop on a gen2. They also feel totally different m. 

1 hour ago, DriftBusta said:

I love DBW, not sure what other peoples issues with it were.  The programmable drive modes are also sweet.  I can see why it would be hard to adapt to for some who hasn't spent a bunch of time on a 4 stroke sled, but this turbo was my 4th 4 stroke, and I had no issues adapting to it. 

Drove a sidewinder for a while, zero throttle issues 

hopped on a 900T and the throttle control is complete laggy garbage 

• Like 1