Check your account email address ×

Artic cat 800 RR 1400 miles issues report

Rod

2 minutes ago, Fireball 440 said:

No just like cars they're going to add speakers that make braaaap sounds and vibrators that shake the shit out of it so if feels just like a fuelie sled.

Yeah, I'm gonna need the "smell option" also.

23 hours ago, teamgreen02 said:

Not sure I'd be out there talking smack about reliability at 1400 miles.

My 6000 ctec just rolled 7200 miles, knock on wood.

A modern 2 stroke trail sled should run to 10,000+ miles before any sort of failure.

As soon as I say something about the reliability of the 6000 ctec I had my first issue ever.  Pulled it over about 10 times and nothing.  Tether was on, kill switch on, key on, nothing.  Not even a sputter like it wanted to started.  Had to drag it out of the back of my truck into the heated garage.  Started after about 45 minutes in there like nothing happened.

Sucked out all the fuel from the tank.  12 gallons of fresh 91 non-oxy with about half a bottle of isopropyl.  Gonna put it back outside in the cold tonight to make sure it starts.  It's always something with these things.

image.thumb.png.a6f511fd6ae6641005ed187f9361d481.png

• Like 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
34 minutes ago, teamgreen02 said:

As soon as I say something about the reliability of the 6000 ctec I had my first issue ever.  Pulled it over about 10 times and nothing.  Tether was on, kill switch on, key on, nothing.  Not even a sputter like it wanted to started.  Had to drag it out of the back of my truck into the heated garage.  Started after about 45 minutes in there like nothing happened.

Sucked out all the fuel from the tank.  12 gallons of fresh 91 non-oxy with about half a bottle of isopropyl.  Gonna put it back outside in the cold tonight to make sure it starts.  It's always something with these things.

image.thumb.png.a6f511fd6ae6641005ed187f9361d481.png

That's alcohol, which will wash down your cylinder walls of lubricant and also thin out injector lube..I would suggest Mechanic In A Bottle or K100 which are not a degreaser and actually add lubrication as they burn..:thumbsup:

1 hour ago, Rigid1 said:

That's alcohol, which will wash down your cylinder walls of lubricant and also thin out injector lube..I would suggest Mechanic In A Bottle or K100 which are not a degreaser and actually add lubrication as they burn..:thumbsup:

Both you mentioned also have high amounts of alcohol.  These engines are designed to run up to 10% ethanol.  6 or 8 ounces of alcohol in a 12 gallon tank isn't going to do a thing other than keep a little bit of water from freezing.

2 minutes ago, teamgreen02 said:

Both you mentioned also have high amounts of alcohol.  These engines are designed to run up to 10% ethanol.  6 or 8 ounces of alcohol in a 12 gallon tank isn't going to do a thing other than keep a little bit of water from freezing.

No they dont, that's completely false,..they are 100% synthetic and contain no petroleum products..I'm a sales rep for one of them btw...

5 minutes ago, teamgreen02 said:

Image result for I agree gif

1 hour ago, Rigid1 said:

It's just a tiny amount, bro.

1 minute ago, Rigid1 said:

Fuck, I hate people who talk out of their ass..

IMG_20210216_125818911.jpg

I wasn't referring to his first sentence.  I honestly had no idea if they contained alcohol or not.  I just know using a few oz's of Iso will work just fine.  :bc:

1 minute ago, Zambroski said:

I wasn't referring to his first sentence.  I honestly had no idea if they contained alcohol or not.  I just know using a few oz's of Iso will work just fine.  :bc:

No, I know, and I wasn't referring to you as "talking out of your ass" Guy says it contains a large amount of alcohol when there is actually none at all..Shit pisses me off,..if you don't know, keep your dick sucker shut..

Now let's get back to the reliability of the cat engine..

You know anyone who recently burnt one down?? :lol:

:bc:

4 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

No, I know, and I wasn't referring to you as "talking out of your ass" Guy says it contains a large amount of alcohol when there is actually none at all..Shit pisses me off,..if you don't know, keep your dick sucker shut..

:owned:to the maximum max!!!

:lol:

25 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

NOPE!  :news:  :whistle:

IMG_7053.jpg

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

You know anyone who recently burnt one down?? :lol::bc:

The bottle you are showing there is DIESEL Mechanic In a Bottle.  The reason it doesn't have alcohol is because alcohol shouldn't be used in a modern diesel engine.  Alcohol can cause problems with the high pressure pump and injectors.  That uses a glycol ether chemistry.  Nowhere on the bottle does it show to use in a gasoline engine.

Show me a K100 MSDS that don't alcohols.  Maybe one is out there, I don't know.  I wouldn't use the stuff anyways.

Here is the MSDS for K100 G+

image.thumb.png.53bfdbb8ccfa3933b20764862ae56821.png

K100G+

image.thumb.png.ab33ca73067f71f360e8d2da8f426d83.png

Mechanic In a Bottle

image.thumb.png.ff6c824f40ae593ce51b73bf648d680f.png

5 minutes ago, teamgreen02 said:

The bottle you are showing there is DIESEL Mechanic In a Bottle.  The reason it doesn't have alcohol is because alcohol shouldn't be used in a modern diesel engine.  Alcohol can cause problems with the high pressure pump and injectors.  That uses a glycol ether chemistry.  Nowhere on the bottle does it show to use in a gasoline engine.

Show me a K100 MSDS that don't alcohols.  Maybe one is out there, I don't know.  I wouldn't use the stuff anyways.

Here is the MSDS for K100 G+

image.thumb.png.53bfdbb8ccfa3933b20764862ae56821.png

K100G+

image.thumb.png.ab33ca73067f71f360e8d2da8f426d83.png

Mechanic In a Bottle

image.thumb.png.ff6c824f40ae593ce51b73bf648d680f.png

Ffs!!

IMG_20210216_135858628.jpg

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

Ffs!!

IMG_20210216_135858628.jpg

Missed that, you are correct, the mechanic in a bottle are both using glycol ethers.

K100 does contain high amounts of alcohol.

All I wanted was a bit of isopropyl alcohol to keep any small amounts of water from freezing.  Making a 6 hour drive and having the sled not start isn't my idea of a good time.

1 minute ago, teamgreen02 said:

Missed that, you are correct, the mechanic in a bottle are both using glycol ethers.

K100 does contain high amounts of alcohol.

All I wanted was a bit of isopropyl alcohol to keep any small amounts of water from freezing.  Making a 6 hour drive and having the sled not start isn't my idea of a good time.

The nice thing about MIB is it doesn't remove the water,..nothing can do that..the MIB molecules bond to the water and fuel molecules allowing them to all blend evenly throughout the entire tank of fuel. There will never (over 5 years) be that "glob" of water in the bottom of the tank to freeze or get sucked up by the pick up. Not to mention how it conditions rubber O-rings and fuel lines where alcohol will dry them out..Pick some up,..I would suggest getting an 8oz or larger bottle as they are professional grade..You will never have fuel related issues again,..I run it in everything 

9 minutes ago, Deephaven said:

I thought you guys were drinking like alcohol....or at least you'd have to in order to think 1400mi is a milestone, but considering how fast the new Ctec's are popping I suppose that is one.

It’s a milestone for me compared to my doo twins