Check your account email address ×

Cancel all Disney subscriptions if you have any

Matt

For this social media post, Disney+ and LucasFilm have canceled a Mandalorian spin-off show starring Gina Carano, and fired her from The Mandalorian.

“Jews were beaten in the streets, not by Nazi soldiers but by their neighbors…even by children,” Carano wrote Instagram. “Because history is edited, most people today don’t realize that to get to the point where Nazi soldiers could easily round up thousands of Jews, the government first made their own neighbors hate them simply for being Jews. How is that any different from hating someone for their political views.”

The most offensive thing about this post is the use of a period instead of a question mark at the end of the last sentence.  There is absolutely nothing wrong with this statement!  It is 100% true.  Is it a tired trope of a comparison, maybe, but that's certainly not an offense worth firing someone over, especially since it's not at all a standard that's applied equally.

Meanwhile her co-star Pedro Pascal can post images of illegal immigrants being detained and equate that to Nazism and he's a media darling.

OBTW, Disney also very publicly thanked China earlier for allowing them to film portions of the new live-action Mulan in a region where China is committing actual genocide against a religious group... like... you know... the fucking Nazis...

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

• Gold Member

I saw this. It's completely unacceptable. This notion that you have to be outraged by the differing view points is absolutely dangerous. I would put the corporate censoring of free speech as every bit as dangerous as government doing the same.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Kivalo said:

I saw this. It's completely unacceptable. This notion that you have to be outraged by the differing view points is absolutely dangerous. I would put the corporate censoring of free speech as every bit as dangerous as government doing the same.

Because of the power and reach of these companies, it's definitely every bit as dangerous.  They have more power than the government.

• Like 2

• Gold Member
1 hour ago, frenchy said:

The problem now is for a growing number of people the ‘right’ to not be offended trumps the right of free speech. And those who are advocates of free speech are labelled as uneducated racists or bigots. 

This is all a function of people being born into a coddled existence where they have been taught to believe how they feel is the most important issue there is. 

Completely agree.

1 hour ago, Mainecat said:

I know nothing about that shit. 

Or anything else.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Kivalo said:

These are merely the consequences of her own actions. You don't compare Jews to people with "differing opinions". 

She should know better, but she doesn't. 

1 hour ago, frenchy said:

The problem now is for a growing number of people the ‘right’ to not be offended trumps the right of free speech. And those who are advocates of free speech are labelled as uneducated racists or bigots. 

This is all a function of people being born into a coddled existence where they have been taught to believe how they feel is the most important issue there is. 

Corporations know what sells. 

1 hour ago, Matt said:

Because of the power and reach of these companies, it's definitely every bit as dangerous.  They have more power than the government.

Maybe we should ban corporations...

3 minutes ago, motonoggin said:

These are merely the consequences of her own actions. You don't compare Jews to people with "differing opinions". 

She should know better, but she doesn't. 

Corporations know what sells. 

Maybe we should ban corporations...

This deference to anything offending zionists is trash 

2 minutes ago, f7ben said:

This deference to anything offending zionists is trash 

Jews=\=zionists. 

But comparing something someone can't change(ethnicity, skin color, disability, etc) to something that people can change(their shitty and harmful opinions), demonstrates a very ignorant understanding of the entire subject. 

And I'm also obligated to point out that it's corporations making these decisions, so it's well outside the scope of the Constitution...

6 minutes ago, motonoggin said:

Jews=\=zionists. 

But comparing something someone can't change(ethnicity, skin color, disability, etc) to something that people can change(their shitty and harmful opinions), demonstrates a very ignorant understanding of the entire subject. 

And I'm also obligated to point out that it's corporations making these decisions, so it's well outside the scope of the Constitution...

Jewish people aren’t so unbelievably sensitive as to be offended by inoffensive comments like hers. This is pure Zionist ADL bullshit and bullying people into group think is dangerous 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Jewish people aren’t so unbelievably sensitive as to be offended by inoffensive comments like hers. This is pure Zionist ADL bullshit and bullying people into group think is dangerous 

Lol. 

The people in her allegory with "differing opinions" were the Nazis, not the Jews. 

3 minutes ago, motonoggin said:

Lol. 

The people in her allegory with "differing opinions" were the Nazis, not the Jews. 

Not disputing that.....just saying her comments were hardly inflammatory and the fact they publicly fired and excoriated her was utter disgusting bullshit 

1 minute ago, f7ben said:

Not disputing that.....just saying her comments were hardly inflammatory and the fact they publicly fired and excoriated her was utter disgusting bullshit 

aT lEaSt ItS nOt ThE gUbErMeNt...

I mean, these are the consequences of capitalism, after all...

Just now, f7ben said:

Not arguing that either....just calling a spade a spade 

I'm thoroughly enjoying both angles on this. 

On one hand, some ignorant liberal white girl spouts some pseudo "peace and love" " respect everyone's opinions cuz of the Jews, you guys!" bullshit and gets cancelled. 

And on the other hand, I'm encouraged that people are just now noticing that corporations really run shit. It's hilariously fitting that what woke them up is some c-list celebrity getting culled from a fucking star wars spin off for saying some basic ignorant white girl shit.