Check your account email address ×

Regardless of what YouTube and Facebook doctors say, lockdowns work.

• Platinum Contributing Member
7 minutes ago, revkevsdi said:

I’m sure you feel like you’ve interpreted the data correctly. But I’m not sure Doctors use people who haven’t been infected yet to work out the mortality of a disease. 

Mortality isn’t the only measure of this disease.  Long term health problems for people with mild cases are something few people feel the need to talk about. It has recently been shown that  60% of people who are hospitalized are still having symptoms 6 months later.   
By all means ignore the science if you feel better but years down the road please don’t pretend you weren’t told to take this seriously. 

Not completely ignoring the science.   Reality is its likely 60% or more of people hospitalized with influenza or pneumonia have symptoms or effects 6 months later.

I have zero issues with some of the mask mandates.   I have zero issues protecting those vulnerable with co-morbidities.   What I have issue with is the way we've went about protecting them by impacting everyone.   There was a better way. 

Only 6% of deaths are those without KNOWN co-morbidities and the ave death had 2.6 of them.  The ave age of those dying is around 80.  How we've handled this and the impact on the economy, our children and many others was wrong with what this virus has turned out to be.    Pretty sure around 40% of our deaths are in nursing homes.     

Edited by Highmark
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Highmark said:

Not completely ignoring the science.   Reality is its likely 60% or more of people hospitalized with influenza or pneumonia have symptoms or effects 6 months later.

I have zero issues with some of the mask mandates.   I have zero issues protecting those vulnerable with co-morbidities.   What I have issue with is the way we've went about protecting them by impacting everyone.   There was a better way. 

Only 6% of deaths are those without KNOWN co-morbidities and the ave age of those dying is around 80.  

I admire you dedication to these debates with the blatant partisan half-wits here.............sort of.

This post should end this debate with him, but it won't.

• Like 1

For the party of science and data, lets take a look at the data.

Of the 5,945 deaths in MN, 3,790 of them were in long term care facilities.  Non-LTC those under 60 have a 99.87% or higher survival rate.  As Highmark pointed out, deaths average 2.6 comorbidities, i.e. sick people.  

I get the masking and the initial lockdown but what we did here in the state of MN to destroy restaurants and small businesses was completely unnecessary.  

45 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

But, your WHOLE SIDE'S ARGUMENT is based on mortality numbers.  Now....it isn't?  Now it's possible future complications and people who just haven't been infected yet?

Ahhh..the MMGW scenario of narratives shifting and goal post moving. 

Why would people only be worried about mortality and not long increased chance of stroke and lung issues?

2 minutes ago, revkevsdi said:

Why would people only be worried about mortality and not long increased chance of stroke and lung issues?

Is this a serious question for me or just another deflection of your failed argument?

Just now, Zambroski said:

Is this a serious question for me or just another deflection of your failed argument?

You said you feel like the whole argument from the left has been mortality. I don’t know why you feel that way but it is not the way I’ve seen it portrayed. There has been a lot of concern for the long term health effects. You may feel that Donald Trump knows more than Fauci but here is what he said. 

https://spectrumnews1.com/ky/lexington/news/2020/08/20/dr--anthony-fauci-warns-of-covid-19-long-term-effects

1 minute ago, revkevsdi said:

You said you feel like the whole argument from the left has been mortality. I don’t know why you feel that way but it is not the way I’ve seen it portrayed. There has been a lot of concern for the long term health effects. You may feel that Donald Trump knows more than Fauci but here is what he said. 

https://spectrumnews1.com/ky/lexington/news/2020/08/20/dr--anthony-fauci-warns-of-covid-19-long-term-effects

You are denying having "seen it portrayed that way because your orders are now changing.  It has ALL been about mortality numbers.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Only 6% of deaths are those without KNOWN co-morbidities and the ave death had 2.6 of them.  The ave age of those dying is around 80.  How we've handled this and the impact on the economy, our children and many others was wrong with what this virus has turned out to be.    Pretty sure around 40% of our deaths are in nursing homes.     

I get the co-morbidity argument but it’s odd that people don’t apply that to flu deaths.  If you want to say it’s only as bad as the flu and then want to only subtract co morbidities from Covid, then you aren’t making a proper comparison. 

This disease is in it’s early stages. We already know that people have got it more than once. Will it continue to weaken the person with each infection?  The experts have been clear for months that this is something you don’t want to get.

As far as damage to businesses. If we had dropped the hammer like Australia, New Zealand, China. Taiwan or South Korea, we would have had far less damage done to our economies.  

4 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

You are denying having "seen it portrayed that way because your orders are now changing.  It has ALL been about mortality numbers.

Weird because it “feels” like the right are always calling it “a flu that has a 99.8% survival rate” while ignoring the meagre 59% recovery rate. 

• Platinum Contributing Member
30 minutes ago, revkevsdi said:

I get the co-morbidity argument but it’s odd that people don’t apply that to flu deaths.  If you want to say it’s only as bad as the flu and then want to only subtract co morbidities from Covid, then you aren’t making a proper comparison. 

This disease is in it’s early stages. We already know that people have got it more than once. Will it continue to weaken the person with each infection?  The experts have been clear for months that this is something you don’t want to get.

As far as damage to businesses. If we had dropped the hammer like Australia, New Zealand, China. Taiwan or South Korea, we would have had far less damage done to our economies.  

First bold.   I think we do.   That's why there is never much concern even when well over 100K people die in the US in a year.   Its not healthy young people dying.   Lots of years we vaccinate a significant portion of the population and still many, many people die.   Often times its because the virus is different than what vaccine is distributed.   Influenza cases and deaths are also based on models....not actual counts. 

Second bold.   This is not happening to any significant degree at this point.   

Third bold.  I can tell you first hand one of my largest customers is from Australia and they are not happy with how things were handled there.   Please don't include China in any comparison because data is coming out all the time out how they are and have been lying.   Country to country comparison's are difficult because of differences in testing and a number of other factors like what its calling a COVID death.   

Edited by Highmark

2 hours ago, revkevsdi said:

Republicans have made it abundantly clear they don’t care about anyone but themselves. They’ve also proven they are dumb enough to kill themselves with Covid. 20 million cases and 400 thousand deaths. The bigliest numbers of all the countries. 

wrap your head around this.    DIRECT FROM THE CDC----    The CDC said when the posted number of deaths was at about 200 thousand,  that number was over inflated by 130 thousand OR MORE.                  but you go ahead and say its a repub thing.      :mc::mc:   

that was this summer and it puts the toll at under 80 thousand at that time,,,,,,,,,,,,,,by the very definition of the word,  thats not a pandemic. our annual death toll says, this is not a deadly PANDEMIC.     is it fake,,, no  but its not what they are telling you either.

1 hour ago, Zambroski said:

When the mortality argument falls apart they will pivot to another scary, unknown and unmeasurable criteria to justify their actions and opinions.  Like they did with global cooling global warming climate change.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, SayatodaU.P.eh? said:

This whole mess will be completely forgotten about within months and not because the actual virus will be completely gone. I’ll put money on it. 

looking at whats happening in northern China, id say the new strains will be popping up for some time to come.    i wish i felt the same way but i think this is more than a random accidently released bug.

• Like 1

Just now, old indy said:

looking at whats happening in northern China, id say the new strains will be popping up for some time to come.    i wish i felt the same way but i think this is more than a random accidently released bug.

Read my post again. 

Just now, SayatodaU.P.eh? said:

Read my post again. 

i just did  lol.      yup but i dont think we will be able to move on and forget it with them forcing everyone to bend to there rule.   many just never will conform.

5 hours ago, revkevsdi said:

Weird because it “feels” like the right are always calling it “a flu that has a 99.8% survival rate” while ignoring the meagre 59% recovery rate. 

Stop - just stop with the BS already.

11 hours ago, revkevsdi said:

It’s the most recent proof. Cause and effect. The shutdown in Ontario brought our cases down to less than 1,000 active cases less than 100 new cases and 0-5 deaths per day. Then all hell broke loose and people acted stupid. Anti maskers had rallies, people had huge weddings, parties, got together at thanksgiving and Christmas. Our active cases went over 30,000,new cases peaked at over 3,000 per day and around 50 deaths. 
people on ventilators due to Covid went from 5 in September to 300. 

Now those numbers are dropping.

so explain SD   

10 hours ago, Highmark said:

i bet closer to 65% of the dead are from nursing homes . they may have not kicked it in a nursing home but they were in one before being transferred to there death bed . prob higher than 65%

9 hours ago, revkevsdi said:

and from your hero 

Dr. Anthony Fauci  National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases (NIAID) Director  said - “ Covid 19 It isn't something the American public needs to worry  about or be frightened about, because we have ways of preparing and  screening of. It's a very, very low risk to the United States, but it's  something that we as public health officials need to take very  seriously,"

12 hours ago, Ez ryder said:

and from your hero 

Dr. Anthony Fauci  National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases (NIAID) Director  said - “ Covid 19 It isn't something the American public needs to worry  about or be frightened about, because we have ways of preparing and  screening of. It's a very, very low risk to the United States, but it's  something that we as public health officials need to take very  seriously,"

What the fuck is it with Trumpanzies that they have to trot out the oldest info and use it as gospel.  Novel coronavirus means it is new.  There was no new info about it. Scientists learn and change their views with more knowledge. 

21 hours ago, Highmark said:

First bold.   I think we do.   That's why there is never much concern even when well over 100K people die in the US in a year.   Its not healthy young people dying.   Lots of years we vaccinate a significant portion of the population and still many, many people die.   Often times its because the virus is different than what vaccine is distributed.   Influenza cases and deaths are also based on models....not actual counts. 

Second bold.   This is not happening to any significant degree at this point.   

Third bold.  I can tell you first hand one of my largest customers is from Australia and they are not happy with how things were handled there.   Please don't include China in any comparison because data is coming out all the time out how they are and have been lying.   Country to country comparison's are difficult because of differences in testing and a number of other factors like what its calling a COVID death.   

No one is happy with having the pandemic. But you won’t find many Australians wishing they were living the American dream at the moment. 

as for China lying. Sure they may have lied and still are lying. But are they hiding 1 million deaths?  Because that’s what would be happening if they reacted as poorly as the US. 

They got hit first and with no notice or idea how it spread.  We knew it was coming. We had all kinds of examples from China and Italy. We should have stomped this.   

You dont have to look that far. Check out the numbers in Atlantic Canada. That is how we should have all acted. 

Yesterday Ontario active numbers dropped by 1,000.  Definitely an anomaly but it’s a trend that shows 3,000 in one week. The new cases are 1,500 down from the peak caused by entitled fuckwits partying at Christmas.