Check your account email address ×

When is ArcticTex going to reveal 2022

1 minute ago, Palu49 said:

Wait what do they use?

Same female 12v plug that's on the current sleds, it's just inside the heated goggle compartment now.

@p51mstg I have one specific question for you to ask: have they done anything at all about the brake bearing/driveshaft interface!?

22 minutes ago, Not greg b said:

Why cat would put a cigarette style power port on a sled is beyond me. This isn’t 1995 anymore and I don’t know anything that uses that type of plug anymore 

Maybe they did that in case Gym tries one out and wants to plug in his commodore.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Sled_Hed said:

Maybe they did that in case Gym tries one out and wants to plug in his commodore.

It has to be. Gym must be on the design team and stole secrets from his 9r. But what uses those giant 12v plugs these days?? I can’t think of anything and my last 3 cars have had USB ports and no 12v

Just now, Not greg b said:

It has to be. Gym must be on the design team and stole secrets from his 9r. But what uses those giant 12v plugs these days?? I can’t think of anything and my last 3 cars have had USB ports and no 12v

Yeah definitely not much. I do still have a phone charger with that end in my beater work car but everything has USB now.

26 minutes ago, Not greg b said:

it's so we can still light a smoke if the bic is broke

8 minutes ago, wrinkly balls said:

Why the hell are they still using that Atri style gauge on an all new platform? :wtf:

why do people care so much about a gauge?  

rpm, temp and distance to the nearest strip joint is more than adequate 

29 minutes ago, Not greg b said:

I think they all do besides ski doo, you gotta buy it for $60 after you pick your sled up. I haven’t owned a vehicle more modern than 06 so I wasn’t aware of the better options 😂. Maybe the good old 12v receptacle is more weather/moisture resistant? 

3 minutes ago, Palu49 said:

I think they all do besides ski doo, you gotta buy it for $60 after you pick your sled up. I haven’t owned a vehicle more modern than 06 so I wasn’t aware of the better options 😂. Maybe the good old 12v receptacle is more weather/moisture resistant? 

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

well, he's correct for once 

I thought this was about snowmobiling, not a who makes the neatest ipad competition? 

Duct tapeing a cell phone in place of their current brick, would be a substantial upgrade 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

44 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

well, he's correct for once 

I thought this was about snowmobiling, not a who makes the neatest ipad competition? 

Not really about ipads it's just cat has had more than a decade to get this thing out the door.

They don't need an ipad but man, that same old tech does not instill a lot of confidence that they did much to really push the game forward.  They have to at least match the competition but if they want to move the needle on sales and regain so many that jumped ship years ago they need to get back to leading and bringing the next best thing.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, jdsky said:

Not really about ipads it's just cat has had more than a decade to get this thing out the door.

They don't need an ipad but man, that same old tech does not instill a lot of confidence that they did much to really push the game forward.  They have to at least match the competition but if they want to move the needle on sales and regain so many that jumped ship years ago they need to get back to leading and bringing the next best thing.

Agreed

1 hour ago, Not greg b said:

Duct tapeing a cell phone in place of their current brick, would be a substantial upgrade 

right, see below 

1 hour ago, jdsky said:

the current gauge needs to go no doubt

But... many of us would prefer simplicity and make the iPad an option on already overpriced sleds, same as estart... make that crap optional like Polaris does.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Premium said:

Same female 12v plug that's on the current sleds, it's just inside the heated goggle compartment now.

@p51mstg I have one specific question for you to ask: have they done anything at all about the brake bearing/driveshaft interface!?

That’s a very good question!  I’ll see if I can find out.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, krom said:

That's the new base gauge

Looks promising. I'm not saying they should totally abandon a more basic guage but it's apparent there is customer demand for a more technological one as well.

8 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

right, see below 

the current gauge needs to go no doubt

But... many of us would prefer simplicity and make the iPad an option on already overpriced sleds, same as estart... make that crap optional like Polaris does.

I love the gauge.  So I disagree it does not "need to go".  Has everything I need and isn't some big stupid ass screen 

• Like 2

Could not be verified, because they didn’t have the schedule with them:  demo ride schedule includes ERX at the Ditchbanger Nationals, Feb 11.  Minnesota may or may not see another venue for actual rides, but nobody could tell me for sure.  The schedule is basically finalized and will be released very soon.

If you can get to a demo venue, do it.  Cat is very proud of the Catalyst and enthused about the future of the brand, as they should be.  Second day of riding for me, and it was awesome.  The Cat people have been outstanding.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, p51mstg said:

Could not be verified, because they didn’t have the schedule with them:  demo ride schedule includes ERX at the Ditchbanger Nationals, Feb 11.  Minnesota may or may not see another venue for actual rides, but nobody could tell me for sure.  The schedule is basically finalized and will be released very soon.

If you can get to a demo venue, do it.  Cat is very proud of the Catalyst and enthused about the future of the brand, as they should be.  Second day of riding for me, and it was awesome.  The Cat people have been outstanding.

Is the new 600 making more HP then the current ctech? Does it feel stronger?

9 hours ago, mnstang said:

You need to go 

can't... I don't have a gauge with a GPS 

34 minutes ago, wrinkly balls said:

Is the new 600 making more HP then the current ctech? Does it feel stronger?

great question! 

faster revving?  where's the powerband?