Check your account email address ×

850 doo plugs

Any of you fucks change plugs in theses things ? Replacing a bent bumper so thought may as well do plugs wtf some kind of joke . 1 pull seat and tank or pull secondary if you can even do that with doo and even then it is a find some one with small hands .

Is there something I am missing here ? 

2 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

Any of you fucks change plugs in theses things ? Replacing a bent bumper so thought may as well do plugs wtf some kind of joke . 1 pull seat and tank or pull secondary if you can even do that with doo and even then it is a find some one with small hands .

Call Barb.  He has small hands.

• Haha 2

44 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

Famous last words lol . I can't fathom fouling a plug at some trail stop with this pile of shit . You would be completely fucked 

Etecs don't foul plugs and I never changed one the whole time I owned them.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Anler said:

Well if you never had a issue .lmfao

none the less total shit show engineering what a joke 

But ohhhh that fit and finish 

7 hours ago, Anler said:

6 hours ago, Ez ryder said:

Well if you never had a issue .lmfao

none the less total shit show engineering what a joke 

But ohhhh that fit and finish 

Put 10,000 miles on two different 800 etecs, got 2,500 on my 850, never changed the plugs. As long as you are running good quality full synthetic oil no need to change plugs, this isn't the 1990s anymore. :lol:

• Platinum Contributing Member
4 minutes ago, GGNHL said:

Put 10,000 miles on two different 800 etecs, got 2,500 on my 850, never changed the plugs. As long as you are running good quality full synthetic oil no need to change plugs, this isn't the 1990s anymore. :lol:

So it’s not like the days when my buddy had a ZRT 600 and a case of

plugs in his pockets?🤣🥴

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, GGNHL said:

Yeah aren't they iridium plugs? They last forever. 

2 hours ago, GGNHL said:

i changed plus in my 16 freeride because of some cutting out i was getting,  first plugs I had changed since i got my first etec in 09.  put 5-7k on each of them and the plugs were fine.  

2 hours ago, Anler said:

You're a moron

Why because I can't see why some one would design a toy that it takes 3 hrs to change a routine maintenance item 4 buck sparkplug? Yep guess I am a moron for buying a toy designed by people who could give 2 fucks about the end user .

Edited by Ez ryder
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, GGNHL said:

Really ? Because I have friends who own shops and I see every one of them changing plugs in newer sea doo newer everude the sleds the atv etc at every major service.  Ask a Ford owner what happens when you keep a set of plugs that supposedly last for ever  in until 1 is no longer lasting forever any more .

Just stupid engineering 

• Like 1

plug needs to be indexed as well. cant have the electrode blocking the injector or there will be runability issues. mark the plug before you remove it and put that mark on the new plug in reference to the electrode. they have index washers if it dont line up when tight.

I think there is a locking ring on the plug cap that you need to remove to pull the cap.

16 hours ago, Ez ryder said:

Working on a doo makes me suicidal.  What a god damn jug fuck those things are to service.

• Haha 1