Check your account email address ×

Gayge Talk

Be interesting in 5 years all the used Polaris with no working gauges no odometer readings, can't replace gauge because it's more than the sled is worth.

Oops nevermind.  In 5 years a Polaris is in the scrap yard anyway nobody keeps them they like to make fun of cat guys for owning a sled for a long time yes the joke is on the guy that doesn't have to buy new every year...

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, mnstang said:

Be interesting in 5 years all the used Polaris with no working gauges no odometer readings, can't replace gauge because it's more than the sled is worth.

Oops nevermind.  In 5 years a Polaris is in the scrap yard anyway nobody keeps them they like to make fun of cat guys for owning a sled for a long time yes the joke is on the guy that doesn't have to buy new every year...

Nah, in 5 years the Cat faithful will finally have what they've been waiting for from Textron ... an electronic version of the BLAST, and year #15 of BNG's on the ProCross.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, A05GSHO said:

Honestly I ride to get away from technology.  I don't want to listen to music or receive phone calls.

The 7.2 gauge is all i need on my Doo

+1 .... my last 2 AXYS models had the old school digital display.  I know my current one has the fancy gauge, but it was more about getting the upgraded shock package compared to the Launch, and pricing them both out I came out with the better deal going with the VR1 if I were to have upgraded the shocks on a Launch.  Plus, when I sell my sleds one of the common questions is if it has the fancy gauge.  I know for a fact I will never pair my phone with this thing (never did on my AXYS with the PIDD) and not sure I'll mess with the maps much unless I'm in a new area.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Bontz said:

Nah, in 5 years the Cat faithful will finally have what they've been waiting for from Textron ... an electronic version of the BLAST, and year #15 of BNG's on the ProCross.

Hell it's already here I just saw a pic today RIOT X EV

• Haha 2

15 hours ago, Bontz said:

I saw that too.  I'm convinced it's @Crnr2Crnr's sled ... he's definitely the Prius type 🤣

Nope... It’s mine!

15 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

I'm holding out for the long awaited Cummins Turbo Diesel from Cat - because heavier 

It’s almost ready... you will be rolling coal around the Corner soon!

🐸

38 minutes ago, awful knawful said:

So you're running a cat, obviously

yes I have a cat...that came from the factory with no gauges. 

15 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

I'm holding out for the long awaited Cummins Turbo Diesel from Cat - because heavier 

Yamaha model only... lighter than the current offerings tho. 

Edited by Cwhite138

10 hours ago, awful knawful said:

So you're running a cat, obviously

what's better, getting lost and having fun on a Cat or staring at your Gayge every five minutes?

that said, if Cat came out with a Gayge on a new sled (unlikely) I'd take option B. and go with a speedo/tach/coolant temp version but I'm old fashioned and navigate by common sense and realizing where I am, unless I'm riding near Merrill WI with Greg B. - then it's a fucking mess. 

10 hours ago, Cwhite138 said:

Yamaha model only... lighter than the current offerings tho. 

if Steam Power hadn't gone out of fashion...