Check your account email address ×

Gayge Talk

I don't use the maps often, but they are dang nice when I do need them.  We rode an area that hadn't yet been touched by the clubs last week.  Lots of fire roads mixed in around the area.  It was fun riding, but eventually we needed to get to a trail.  It was one of those occasions where the GPS was super helpful.

Updated maps must be a challenge. We ran into a group using an OEM mapping system.  They didn't have a clue where to head based on their mapping.  They were frustrated and running out of daylight.  I looked at their map briefly to try and help.  It didn't show reroutes that were already in place for a couple of seasons.

Having music and phone connected would be a waste of time for myself.  I ride with a couple of guys that should have their phones connected.  They do business talking on the phone.  Every stop is a bla bla bla session if there is phone service.  Time off to go riding is my pleasure time.  Phones end up being an interruption.

• Like 1

I don't understand what the haters have against a map.  Paper dinosaur shit is annoying and something I never want to use again.  Looking down at the screen as you stop at any intersection to know exactly which way to go is huge.

If the 7S isn't configurable that would be a shame.  Most I want Temp & RPM on the screen with a button flip on the bars to pull up the map.  PIDD is way nicer in this regard than using the Garmin I do...but the lack of large Temp & display made me not get one on my last sled instead having a separate screen for maps.

I don’t buy a sled just because of the gauge and I actually took the PIDD gauge off my RMK and replaced it with the original basic gauge. 

That being said, when I’m trail riding, I do like to look at my GPS from time to time to know about where I am at. If I was buying a new sled, and this new Polaris gauge was an option, I might give it a try on a trail sled. It’s absolutely worthless on an off trail/deep snow sled though.